Do you double up at CB?

timb2

Reaction score
Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain, or Jaycee Horn in the 1st.

I want Allie Green IV (Tulsa), Camryn Bynum (Cal), Jack Jones (Arizona State), Chase Lucas (Arizona State), Marco Wilson (Florida) later in the draft.
Scratch Jack Jones off the list. Originally at USC,but this moron got caught breaking into a Panda Express.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No corner this year (or almost ever, really) is worth a top-10 pick. Especially not if you're picking around #5.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Today showed how bad the CBs are without Diggs. I think there’s no question you take Surtain/Farley if they’re there in the top 10.

Would you also take a CB in the 3rd to play nickel?
Its definitely in the menu all over the draft. Hard to tell until we see where we are picking. We dropped out of the top 5 yesterday, and could drop out of the top 10. Just outside the top, Im really looking at Farley.

If we take a guy in the first, Id prefer they wait until the 3rd to double dip. Id like to get a DL in the 2nd. A guy like Barmore or Tufele

cnuball21

Reaction score
Great year to reload at DB IMO. There isn’t a blue chipper, but a lot 2nd roundish guys that could be good options.

HanD

Reaction score
Caleb Farley, Patrick Surtain, or Jaycee Horn in the 1st.

I want Allie Green IV (Tulsa), Camryn Bynum (Cal), Jack Jones (Arizona State), Chase Lucas (Arizona State), Marco Wilson (Florida) later in the draft.

i like wade too if we are in the second half of the first.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I would almost guarantee we double up on corner in the draft.

We have a bunch of guys about to be free agents that were drafted from the previous regime.

I highly doubt Lewis and Awuzie are retained.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Today showed how bad the CBs are without Diggs. I think there’s no question you take Surtain/Farley if they’re there in the top 10.

Would you also take a CB in the 3rd to play nickel?

One of our top 3 selections for sure. Will they bring either Awuzie or Lewis back? I rather just upgrade them. Robinson could also factor in their decision if they decide to move him back to corner.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Its definitely in the menu all over the draft. Hard to tell until we see where we are picking. We dropped out of the top 5 yesterday, and could drop out of the top 10. Just outside the top, Im really looking at Farley.

If we take a guy in the first, Id prefer they wait until the 3rd to double dip. Id like to get a DL in the 2nd. A guy like Barmore or Tufele

Early on it's looking likely a corner would present the best value for the team in rd 1. Unless a DT emerges. They do have two 3rd rounders, might be a good area to help depth.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Early on it's looking likely a corner would present the best value for the team in rd 1. Unless a DT emerges. They do have two 3rd rounders, might be a good area to help depth.
I really dont see a DT emerging that would be worth where we pick in the 1st TBH. I think the top guys would be be late 1st at best.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
We will win a few more games and end up in the perfect range for a CB. Taking one at #3 or #4 would probably have been a reach in terms of value but if we end up anywhere from 6th-9th then that should be fine.

I'm not sure if I'd go for another CB early though...maybe 4th round at the earliest.