Do you ever stop watching?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If you are not being entertained then you shouldn't watch it. Why punish yourself?
I am entertain even when we suck.

I don't understand why so many people keep abusing themselves.

Hope. But, maybe you’re right. There isn’t any.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bruh, I watch most of the games all the way through, except Thanksgiving games when it's just background noise and highlights.

If they are having a bad year I'll roast them the whole season, but I can see myself finding something better to do on Sundays.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO.
At times I think I want to stop watching a game. However I keep watching.

as to not watch them until things change...as I said...NO...
Even if eliminated from the playoffs.. I will still watch.

I am a fan, always have been and always will be.

for those that stop watching, I used to call them more of a casual fan. Not a fair weather fan as only watch if winning, well some are. But many are casual fans, they like the team. But watch at their convenience in passing.

for those that actually have other things to do, that can’t get the games, or must work, it is a different situation.
I remember living other places and could not see a Cowboys. Game it made me nuts.
Now I can watch all the games, and will do so.
If I ever got to somewhere where I can’t get the game, I will find a way.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I record all the games on DVR. When they are as putrid as they were last week, I turn it off. If the final score shows it was close or they win then I'll finish watching the recording.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I don’t mean turning a lopsided game off in the fourth quarter. I mean, is there ever a point you would stop watching Cowboys games until some sort of change occurs?

Last week, watching the defense got me thinking. There was no effort. They weren’t trying. I’m not saying anything controversial. Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin alluded to it. We’ve been saying it all week.

So why would we spend a large chunk of our Sundays watching millionaires show up to get a paycheck and have no greater positive impact than we do? Doesn’t it seem a little pointless?

Last week was only the second time I ever stopped watching a game and it's been about 10-15 years since the first time. It was because of the defense but I placed the blame on Nolan and his complicated convoluted defense with no off season program or preseason games making players fit his scheme instead of using schemes that fir the players. This has made the defense look like keystone cops a majority of the time and I think some are mistaking this for not trying.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I record all the games on DVR. When they are as putrid as they were last week, I turn it off. If the final score shows it was close or they win then I'll finish watching the recording.

My question is if you can DVR the game why aren't you watching the games live?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I often feel like I watch out of habit and obligation. But I think you’re on to something when it comes to changing expectations.

I suppose, last week, I was put off the utter lack of effort.

I was laughing at the historic levels of incompetence. I'm disappointed we didn't get a shot of Jerry with a stupid, shocked look on his face.

It's sad, though. I used to be so emotionally invested in games my stomach would be in knots and I'd be devastated after a loss. Now I barely care.

If I was growing up now I would've never been a fan of this team. The Jones boys are a joke. I grew up with Landry and Staubach.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t mean turning a lopsided game off in the fourth quarter. I mean, is there ever a point you would stop watching Cowboys games until some sort of change occurs?

Last week, watching the defense got me thinking. There was no effort. They weren’t trying. I’m not saying anything controversial. Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin alluded to it. We’ve been saying it all week.

So why would we spend a large chunk of our Sundays watching millionaires show up to get a paycheck and have no greater positive impact than we do? Doesn’t it seem a little pointless?
I don't. Haven't missed a game since 1974.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

I don't think we've reached the lows yet we have in some other seasons. But some seasons its already obvious the season is lost, and at that point you don't mind as much if an event occurs where you might miss a game.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I still watch. It’s just not a priority as it once was. I used to plan my Sunday/Monday/Thanksgiving around Cowboy games. Then I had kids and other things became more important. I can’t say it has to do with losing. It’s just hard to tell two little kids they can’t spend anytime on Sunday with their dad or doing something with mom and dad.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
NO.
At times I think I want to stop watching a game. However I keep watching.

as to not watch them until things change...as I said...NO...
Even if eliminated from the playoffs.. I will still watch.

I am a fan, always have been and always will be.

for those that stop watching, I used to call them more of a casual fan. Not a fair weather fan as only watch if winning, well some are. But many are casual fans, they like the team. But watch at their convenience in passing.

for those that actually have other things to do, that can’t get the games, or must work, it is a different situation.
I remember living other places and could not see a Cowboys. Game it made me nuts.
Now I can watch all the games, and will do so.
If I ever got to somewhere where I can’t get the game, I will find a way.

I used to believe in the whole undying fan loyalty thing. But then I thought, isn’t it a little ridiculous to devote yourself so entirely to a consumer good, especially one meant solely for entertainment?

Let’s say I’ve bought Chevy trucks my whole life. But I’ve noticed a decline in quality in recent years. Meanwhile, Ford starts producing a truck that’s less expensive and more reliable. Doesn’t it seem silly to keep buying Chevys because you’re a Chevy fan?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I still watch. It’s just not a priority as it once was. I used to plan my Sunday/Monday/Thanksgiving around Cowboy games. Then I had kids and other things became more important. I can’t say it has to do with losing. It’s just hard to tell two little kids they can’t spend anytime on Sunday with their dad or doing something with mom and dad.
;) That's why you gotta get them into football early on :laugh:

TheViper7

Reaction score
I wont be watching tomorrow. Taking the kids to the pumpkin patch along with celebrating mother in laws birthday(although not really my choice). But recording it. But if they loae i won't wind up watching it though. I have the Sunday Ticket so i feel i have to at least record it. But sucks to know they will be playing while im out doing something else. I hate that feeling.

Qcard

Reaction score
Check back when we're eliminated from the Play-offs?

#Bandwagonwatch

DallasDomination

Reaction score

I always watch the beginning no matter what...but if it starts getting embarrassing I’ll turn that junk off no problem... I got things to do, can’t waste the day watching mediocrity. That’s just not healthy.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
Turned it off after the first half last week. For the first time in my life. I probably won’t be watching another live game this year. Unless the performance on the field and decision making process with coaching and management of the team vastly improves.
I’ve never been one to believe in firing a coach in mid season. But after watching the worst defense in NFL history. There’s no way I’d have allowed Nolan back in the Star. Yet there he still is. And there’s Jerry and Stephen hoping for the best instead of recognizing things won’t improve under what was already a mediocre defensive coordinator. I also expect to see certain underperforming and not giving full effort players benched. Though I doubt that happens either. If the coaches and front office don’t care enough or aren’t smart enough to try and fix things. Why should I invest any of my time in the team?

I’m sure I’ll get sucked back in. But I know my enthusiasm wont be anywhere close to what it had been over the last 50+ years.
Go Cowboys. I’ll always root for the Star under any circumstance. I just won’t get my hopes up anymore.......