Do You Have A Diet Plan and Workout That You Do?

timb2

Reaction score
Great thread!!! I just turned 39 this last Monday and my health has been weighing heavily on my mind lately. I was in GREAT shape in my adolescent years. During my late 20's I let that start slipping (so easy to be complacent eh?) and it got worse in my 30's. I got way too hooked on soda (yeah I know how terrible it is) in my mid 30's and I want to stop. I've had a few successful attempts but fall back in the trap. I joke that most men have a beer belly and I have a soda belly.

I'm not super fat but I am a bit overweight. I think with some discipline and exercise I could shed some weight and get back on track. I half joke about how they must put something addictive in soda/energy drinks because they are hard to quit. I think quitting those alone would help me reach my goal tremendously.

At any rate, staring down the barrel of 40, I truly want to make some changes. My question to you all is..................

How, where, what can I find as a healthy alternative to soda/energy drinks? I do awesome with water at work but for some reason when I get home it's like my brain clicks on this zombie "I neeeeeeeed sooooooooda" mentality. I hate it. All advice welcome.

Try maybe that Pomengrate Juice ,they include blueberry and cherry and its all natural. They have that little tang to quench your thirst....I have in the past go ALL IN exercise and then something messes me up and I crash on my diet and exercise .Mostly mentally not physically. Work,family,relationships.Job Stress is a big one for me but my family history of diabetes makes me not want to go through the daily insulin shots or them hacking my limbs off later in life. Get your mind focused because the health benefits of exercise helps with all the stress that can come your way in life.

My weakness is pastas ,breads,and was a big meat eater. Other foods can curb cravings. ALMONDS they curb your appetite and they definitely make you want to poop....Instead of bread and pasta,i get rice...Meats instead of hamburger,steak,etc. tuna,salmon are very high in protein and avid weight lifters use before training.......A banana when you want a snack stuff like that.....If you get trapped at a Fast Food place or a gas station convenience store maybe think salad or fruit.. ..Hope some of this helps.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Try maybe that Pomengrate Juice ,they include blueberry and cherry and its all natural. They have that little tang to quench your thirst....I have in the past go ALL IN exercise and then something messes me up and I crash on my diet and exercise .Mostly mentally not physically. Work,family,relationships.Job Stress is a big one for me but my family history of diabetes makes me not want to go through the daily insulin shots or them hacking my limbs off later in life. Get your mind focused because the health benefits of exercise helps with all the stress that can come your way in life.

My weakness is pastas ,breads,and was a big meat eater. Other foods can curb cravings. ALMONDS they curb your appetite and they definitely make you want to poop....Instead of bread and pasta,i get rice...Meats instead of hamburger,steak,etc. tuna,salmon are very high in protein and avid weight lifters use before training.......A banana when you want a snack stuff like that.....If you get trapped at a Fast Food place or a gas station convenience store maybe think salad or fruit.. ..Hope some of this helps.
Thanks for the advice!! I'm with you on bread especially. I love bread.

I think a big thing for me is going to be quantities. I'm not obese, I'm just over what my healthy weight should be. I think if I could limit my intake it would help immensely. I still am going to go with more healthier eating but if I'm in a pinch and around, say pizza, have 1 slice instead of 4-5. Haha

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I don't eat easy Carb ( bread pasta rice etc....)
No sugar at all
No soft drinks just water
No fast food
No sweets
I eat mostly fish and vegetarian dishes.
I walk a lot .. play recreation sport ( volleyball)
No smoking no alcohol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a strict regimen I follow, absolutely no hot ***** Sundays after midnight. None. Seems to work.
I have an opening for a trainer, are you available? However, I will not be needing you Sundays, after midnight.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I have an opening for a trainer, are you available? However, I will not be needing you Sundays, after midnight.
Haha, I merely require (4) quarts of hot ***** sauce per training session. I think that is a bargain. That's okay I don't work Sundae's either.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PBR pretty much covers it for me. (and sangwitches)

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I was curious if some of you are health nuts like me?

My diet is real strict, I only drink water or protein shakes(primarily Muscle Milk)

My foods that I like are...

Meats for protein(no fried foods)
Salmon
Tuna
Chicken
Turkey

Salads maybe atleast 5 times a week(only grilled chicken included)
Fruits maybe 4 times a week(bananas,blueberries,plums,sometimes apples)
Vegetables maybe 5 times(most all vegetables)
Rice instead of bread
Nuts-Eat lots of almonds because even though a fat it is a good fat and almonds make you not hungry to over eat.

Exercise Routine
Weight room atleast 6 times a week for atleast 2 hours

Cardio-Eliptical machine try to burn atleast 500 calories a day

Yoga stretches atleast 3 times a week

Low carb diet and ranch work is mine.