Do you honestly believe we are that far off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score

Based on what I saw in the Rams's/Saints we aren't

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Even with JJ as our owner

Even with Kitna as the QB coach

AND the possibility of Mini Me Moore as our OC

We aren't that far behind McVay/Goff, Payton/Brees and the Rams/Saints.

Comments? Bring 'em
We are a little off...it will take normal growth from our young guys along with better playcalling but Dak is going to kill us if he doesn't get better too...accuracy, footwork, pocket presence, holding onto the ball which he got better at. Just knowing where to go quickly with the football and knowing the bad things that can happen if he doesn't. Obviously as a coach you have to put him in a better position to avoid those problems. Hope they realize that it doesn't matter how many bad teams we beat. It's how many good teams that we couldnt beat and WHY so we can fix the problems. Too many times that gets out to the side because we are busy selling who ws are to the world!! Jones 101

Stsinaz12

Reaction score

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Comments? Bring 'em
We are a little off...it will take normal growth from our young guys along with better playcalling but Dak is going to kill us if he doesn't get better too...accuracy, footwork, pocket presence, holding onto the ball which he got better at. Just knowing where to go quickly with the football and knowing the bad things that can happen if he doesn't. Obviously as a coach you have to put him in a better position to avoid those problems. Hope they realize that it doesn't matter how many bad teams we beat. It's how many good teams that we couldnt beat and WHY so we can fix the problems. Too many times that gets out to the side because we are busy selling who ws are to the world!! Jones 101

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm not gonna try and sway all y'all. Why would I. I saw what I saw. We could have beaten both/either. Our team is not far off the mark set by the Rams/Saints if that's the mark

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Comments? Bring 'em

I do think we are. Starts in the regular season. Too many flat and no show games. There are also no killer instincts to step on an opponents throat when we do get early leads on lesser teams. The problem leads to too many losses and loss of HFA. If you really look at the last 6 years, the NFC East has been really down and while we have won 3 divisions, they are rarely prepared to play the Tennessees, Indys, Chargers, Broncos of the world. Games always come down to the final drive (unlike 2016)

Therefore, you are likely playing on the road in the playoffs and that is rough as is (see today), and I dont think the coaches give an advantage to surprise attack anyone. THey react instead of dictate outside of a running game, that is fine, but 1 holding call or false start will end drives more for Dallas than a NE or KC.

Winning is hard, but this team needs every ball and call to bounce their way, and I dont think that will ever happen

Mannix

Reaction score
I like how we are told that The Clapping Carrot is a decent "Walk a round" HC.....hahahaha.....I told see him walking around doing ANYTHING.....I see other HC's actually coaching and scheming during games. Why again does that boob wear The Bat Headphones and Bat Utility Belt?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

You could say the exact same thing about a 15 year vet named Brees and a 3 year vet named Gof. Neither were great. Both missed on throws. I don't care how thet missed, as fans we would call it bad foot work or ourWR's running poor routes. No QB,NONE are perfect. None, not the GOAT

BigTx66

Reaction score
This team certainly has potential to be an elite team, given the necessary changes talked about.

In my opinion, the changes include utilizing the personnel to their optimum on offense, which would absolutely mean designing an offense around Dak's strengths, being more creative in all phases, stop being so hard-headed about forcing Elliott into 8-9 man defensive fronts, and finding better frontline and backup players for the offensive line. The Dallas offensive line is a joke, with past-their-prime players, injured players, second tier plays, and mediocre players, making it amazing how Elliott did as well as he did this year. Time to totally revamp the o-line to get it back to topline level. Scoring is what it's about to be successful in the NFL and if Dallas doesn't make the changes to put points on the board, then they are not going to be considered elite.

Defensively, they were exposed in the Ram game, as well as the Colt game earlier. Dallas truly has no consistent playmakers on defense, despite all the propaganda that is spewed out by the Jones' hype machine....Lawrence and Gregory are mediocre at d-ends, and the d-backs have no clue on how to ballhawk or create turnovers. The linebacker crew are serviceable but also appear undersized and unable to make up for the deficiencies of the d-line. D-tackles are low pedigree players, mostly snapped off of other teams' practice squads or are bench players. It's obvious that to be an elite team, the defensive line has to be dramatically improved, with players that can get sacks and disrupt the timing of the opposing QB's. Overall, the defense has to quit bending-and -not breaking, and get off the field on 3rd down situations. We are miserable at that and have been for years.

Special teams are a joke on the team. The punter is serviceable, the kicker is still scary when he is asked to come in, and the punt/kick returns are non-existent. Upgrades in this area are critical to put offensive pressure on the opponent as well as to flip field position. Absolutely, an overhaul needs to be made in this area to put this team up with the better teams in the league.

Coaching is what it is...with the clapper/spitter leading the way. He's incompetent as a field/game tactician, but Jones is so unbendingly arrogant and hardheaded about the coach, we are stuck with his mediocrity, so this will be as much a hindrance to being considered elite as anything else. The only light at the end of the tunnel is if by luck, Dallas hires some exceptional offensive and defensive coordinators that will overcome the clapper/spitter's idiocy.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think we are the same as we ever were. Nobody knows what this team will be like next year but more than likely it ends the same way.

cern

Reaction score
Imo, it's not as close as you think. Rams and saints much better. Major difference is coaching.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I like how we are told that The Clapping Carrot is a decent "Walk a round" HC.....hahahaha.....I told see him walking around doing ANYTHING.....I see other HC's actually coaching and scheming during games. Why again does that boob wear The Bat Headphones and Bat Utility Belt?

Really? Describe the scheme you saw. Go ahead. I'm waiting for the scheme by either HC that changed the game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think they have the vast majority of the players they need to both get to a Superbowl and win one, however, coaching matters a TON in the NFL and I can't see a JG coached team winning a Superbowl, irregardless, of how much talent is there.
BINGO!!!

Eanwen

Reaction score
When healthy (e.g. getting Travis back at 100%) I don't think we are that far off talent wise. I think it's mostly scheme, coaching and play calling holding us back, but it doesn't look like my hypothesis will be seriously tested.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

And clapping carrot is original. Stop being lead by the nose

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Only difference is coaching. We have as much talent as both.

Ok, all y'all have to tell me and show me what coaching had to do with that game. It was mano y mano in the trenches. Close right to the end and neither HC was better than the other. Both teams were prepared, there were no big shifts at half time. Rhetoric doesn't work for me. I know its not avante garde or cool to to support our own team and easier to fall in with the rest of the negative Nancie but please, try original

Beaker42

Reaction score

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Comments? Bring 'em
We need DT’s who don’t turn into overpowered little *****es. Until then we’re a game short of the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.