Do you honestly believe we are that far off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_sturt_

Reaction score
(Oops... pardon the edit...)

The defense that took the field versus the Rams was not the defense that took the field versus the Seahawks or the Eagles or the Saints or most of the other teams we faced this season.

Had they been, our offense gets 2, 3, maybe even 4 more possessions, and I really like the odds that the results would have been reversed.

So, answering the question, I think, for all of the offensive myopia of fans now and always... the answer to the question is we're already there, and just need to get more consistent on both sides of the ball.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
With this coaching staff and quarterback, we need every unit to include blue chip players.
So to answer your question, no.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think they have the vast majority of the players they need to both get to a Superbowl and win one, however, coaching matters a TON in the NFL and I can't see a JG coached team winning a Superbowl, irregardless, of how much talent is there.
Probably true, unfortunately

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Y'all show me how one HC was superior to the other in that game if you're gonna pin it on coaching. Let's leave JG out of it. McVay or Payton, if it's all on the HC?

blumayne38

Reaction score

Based on what I saw in the Rams's/Saints we aren't

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Even with JJ as our owner

Even with Kitna as the QB coach

AND the possibility of Mini Me Moore as our OC

We aren't that far behind McVay/Goff, Payton/Brees and the Rams/Saints.

Comments? Bring 'em
No comment

Sydla

Reaction score

Based on what I saw in the Rams's/Saints we aren't

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Even with JJ as our owner

Even with Kitna as the QB coach

AND the possibility of Mini Me Moore as our OC

We aren't that far behind McVay/Goff, Payton/Brees and the Rams/Saints.

Comments? Bring 'em

As presently constructed, yes, we are that far off.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I like how we are told that The Clapping Carrot is a decent "Walk a round" HC.....hahahaha.....I told see him walking around doing ANYTHING.....I see other HC's actually coaching and scheming during games. Why again does that boob wear The Bat Headphones and Bat Utility Belt?
So people can tell him what’s going on during the game.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
With this coaching staff and quarterback, we need every unit to include blue chip players.
So to answer your question, no.

And you think the Rams/Saints don't have that? C'mon man. No team is 100% blue chippers. Are you saying we need more blue chippers than the opposition? We have as many blue chippers as either

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not gonna try and sway all y'all. Why would I. I saw what I saw. We could have beaten both/either. Our team is not far off the mark set by the Rams/Saints if that's the mark

We had a chance to beat one of them just 7 days ago and couldn’t. And in that game, our flaws were exposed and we got outcoached and outschemed.

What makes you think that in Year 9 suddenly things change?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
We had a chance to beat one of them just 7 days ago and couldn’t. And in that game, our flaws were exposed and we got outcoached and outschemed.

What makes you think that in Year 9 suddenly things change?

The difference between a 3 point win and not stopping the Ram's ONE time. C'mon man, you can do better that that

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Talent wise, we are closer than we are coaching wise.

So if you want to look at it from two perspectives - talent, I think we are close. Coaching? Not really.

Again I ask you, how was McVay a better coach in the game than Payton. Leave emotions and JG out of it. Payton not a good enough HC to beat McVay? C,mon man I expect better from you

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Talentwise we are close. Coachingwise we are light years away.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Haven’t read this thread, but I’m willing to bet that the usual idio...err, um, “fans”...are fully trashing the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.