Do you honestly believe we are that far off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Based on what I saw in the Rams's/Saints we aren't

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Even with JJ as our owner

Even with Kitna as the QB coach

AND the possibility of Mini Me Moore as our OC

We aren't that far behind McVay/Goff, Payton/Brees and the Rams/Saints.

Comments? Bring 'em

Roster wise no. I think they need an upgrade at TE and S. Need another run stuffing DT. Need to swap out Williams and Collins on OL. Get some OL depth. It isn’t much.

The issue is Jerry’s culture of little accountability and Garrett’s clueless coaching. The scheme and play calling are just JV. As long as those 2 morons are involved they will never win it all. I would bet the farm on that.

Sad but true.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
We aren't that far off the Saints or Rams in player talent or HC. We've proven that. Does JG get the yips in the playoffs, I doubt it. One bounce, one call, one foot, one break is all it takes

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Just pointing out the flaw in your question. You said we could beat either of those teams today.

We had a chance a week ago to back up your claim and we were laid bare.

Possibly. I'm not a nay sayer. Two different thought processes. We were hardly laid bare. We didn't win no. One stop, one bounce, one call, who knows

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, all y'all have to tell me and show me what coaching had to do with that game. It was mano y mano in the trenches. Close right to the end and neither HC was better than the other. Both teams were prepared, there were no big shifts at half time. Rhetoric doesn't work for me. I know its not avante garde or cool to to support our own team and easier to fall in with the rest of the negative Nancie but please, try original

Maybe you shouldn't ask a question if you can't handle the answer?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You're either there or you're not, Jerry. Jacksonville was "close" last year. Where are they now?

Sydla

Reaction score
Again I ask you, how was McVay a better coach in the game than Payton. Leave emotions and JG out of it. Payton not a good enough HC to beat McVay? C,mon man I expect better from you

You can’t boil things down to one game when talking about guys like McVay and Payton. I think later in the game, the Saints staff made some errors. Throwing the ball late in the game by Payton was a mistake. They could have used way more clock and made the Rams use some of their timeouts. I think Payton also tries too hard to get Hill involved in offense for example. I thought they got a bit conservative late too.

In the end, both were coaching in a NFCCG. So they already proved their bonafides.

You try to hard to boil this down to simplistic terms so you can then try to argue Garrett is their equal.

I have years of evidence that he is not their equal.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Comments? Bring 'em
Who said we were far off?

Sydla

Reaction score
We aren't that far off the Saints or Rams in player talent or HC. We've proven that. Does JG get the yips in the playoffs, I doubt it. One bounce, one call, one foot, one break is all it takes

One coach has a SB win.

One coach is in the SB in his 2nd season.

One coach has never sniffed a NFCCG game and has 2 playoff wins in 8 seasons.

You are letting your fandom and hope Garrett is one of the game’s better coaches take over here. Blind faith in this coaching staff is certainly perplexing but intriguing.

mrmojo

Reaction score
All NFL teams are not far off, except for the Patriots, it's a year to year league. Next year we will be chasing the next upstart team..... it just seems it's never the Cowboys.

GenoT

Reaction score
As long as a 76yo-and-counting energy speculator, who fancies himself an NFL GM and who cannot be fired or demoted because he owns the team, has the final say on all coaching hires/fires, all draft picks, trades, cuts and FA acquisitions, we’ll very likely never get closer than “not that far off.”

:banghead:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Comments? Bring 'em
to be honest...i dont think talent wise we are too far off...but other mental factors that come into play i think we are far off

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score

Even with JG as our HC

Even with Dak as our QB

Comments? Bring 'em
No, of course we aren't. The only people who will say that, have a story to fulfill. We obliterated the Saints offense. They have not been the same since our beat down. Our only struggle was red zone offense. And so we left a ton of points on the field. We have since figured out how to score TD's. Last week we were gassed. Dak, Cooper and Gallup were are only bright spots. 3 and 5 was such a deep hole that every game after, virtually was a must win. We needed the bye. Our defense needed it especially. Many on here suddenly argue our defense sucks, after one, obviously tired game, forgetting we had a great defense the whole year.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As long as a 76yo-and-counting energy speculator, who fancies himself an NFL GM and who cannot be fired or demoted because he owns the team, has the final say on all coaching hires/fires, all draft picks, trades, cuts and FA acquisitions, we’ll very likely never get closer than “not that far off.”

:banghead:
i agree Geno...we dont possess that winning mentality...and i think its a smoke screen when Jerry and Stephen say "they are not satisfied"...Jerry has made most of his 5 billion as Cowboys being mediocre...

skinsscalper

Reaction score
You're either there or you're not, Jerry. Jacksonville was "close" last year. Where are they now?
The same place that every team is when the players start running the asylum. Taken a peek at the Steelers, lately? You can say a lot of things about this coaching staff but the malcontents are shown the door pretty quickly before the cancer spreads. Like it or not, two of the most prolific WRs on this team were shown the door when they started "Antonio Bryanting" it around here. It's also the reason this team rarely "bottoms out" (whether that's good or bad is for others to debate).

Sydla

Reaction score
No, of course we aren't. The only people who will say that, have a story to fulfill. We obliterated the Saints offense. They have not been the same since our beat down. Our only struggle was red zone offense. And so we left a ton of points on the field. We have since figured out how to score TD's. Last week we were gassed. Dak, Cooper and Gallup were are only bright spots. 3 and 5 was such a deep hole that every game after, virtually was a must win. We needed the bye. Our defense needed it especially. Many on here suddenly argue our defense sucks, after one, obviously tired game, forgetting we had a great defense the whole year.

What story do those who disagree have to “fulfill”?

I love how if people don’t agree that we are great, in great shape, ready to kick butt they are somehow pushing a narrative or haters, etc.

Maybe they’ve just paid attention to the entire Garrett career?

Status
Not open for further replies.