Do you know what play still irks me from this past season?

davey999

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5042895 said:
It's stupid to be upset about that. It was a clean block and they were playing full contact football. Nothing to see here.

Ever play hockey?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Idgit;5043296 said:
I wouldn't have been too upset, even, with tacking on another 15 yards for retaliation at the end of it, given how that game was going already.

Me too.

TonyS

Reaction score
Chuck 54;5042920 said:
I know the league's stance on that block, and I know that eventually any hit that catches a guy off guard or is too hard will be illegal, but I don't care. Frankly, I loved the hit by Tate then, and I love it now. If I ever saw one of our receivers put his shoulder into a LBs chest and decleat him, I would stand up and cheer, penalty or not. I know I'm in the minority, but just a few year's ago a WR would have been honored for a block like that. The game has changed, and rightly so, but retaliation would have made us look even more like pansies. There was no low block, no head shot, and it wasn't a beast driving a QB into the turf. Contact was clearly in the chest; his head flew back from whiplash action. We would love a hit like that from Lee separating a guy from the ball even if it brought a penalty.

I don't see the big deal.

no head shot huh? What is that thing that is driving Sean Lee's face mask up and hitting into the bottom of his face? Looks like the dude's helmet.

Golden-Tate-Sean-Lee.jpg

anava

Reaction score
TonyS;5043385 said:
no head shot huh? What is that thing that is driving Sean Lee's face mask up and hitting into the bottom of his face? Looks like the dude's helmet.

Golden-Tate-Sean-Lee.jpg

First time I have seen a close up like that, ouch!!!!

Nation

Reaction score
Tate was fined 21K for the hit, for anyone who was curious

brickman

Reaction score
Hardline;5042873 said:
In baseball if one of your batters get a fastball in the rib cage then as soon as the other team is up to bat,you put a fastball in one of their batters rib cage.

In hockey if someone takes a cheap shot on one of your players. The gloves come off and its fist swinging.

Tate should have not left that game on his own two feet.
That was so dame coward of the Cowboys not retaliating that it was down right embarrassing.

Great Post!!!! I AGREE, AGREE, AGREE. That is called being a teammate. That is the type of teammate I want to go to war with.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I say all the Cowboys players (and jerra too) should learn kickboxing.
Works for me.

Hardline

Reaction score
TonyS;5043385 said:

Holy Crap!!!!!!!

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Check out the Rams-Commanders game where a Commanders wide receiver retaliated and got a 15-yard penalty near the end of the game that made what would have been a 47-yard Commanders FG attempt into a nearly impossible 62-yard attempt.

That 15-yard penalty can be very costly in some situations.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
All of the posters here who are clamoring for their team to "retaliate" on behalf of a cheap shot are probably the same ones who would be screaming at the TV if their team drew a 15-yard penalty for actually doing so.

The Natural

Reaction score
Red Dragon;5044041 said:
Check out the Rams-Commanders game where a Commanders wide receiver retaliated and got a 15-yard penalty near the end of the game that made what would have been a 47-yard Commanders FG attempt into a nearly impossible 62-yard attempt.

Yea but this wasn't one of those situations. I dont believe most of the posters here would get upset to see someone actually stick up for their teammate, but if I'm wrong please identify yourself.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Idgit;5043296 said:
That was just a good play on their part. That whole SEA game this team did come out flat and play pretty uninspired football. That game, and the second half of the Bears game were about as dispirited as we played all season.

Tough players aren't inconsistent with the RKG philosophy. As long as they're not inviting dumb penalties, I think a couple big hitters and trash talkers would do some good for this roster. Especially if we can put a player like that on the OL.

Rat, when he's on the field, does a nice job of this on the DL. Something tells me Church has a bit of that attitude to him, too. We've got some really tough guys, too, in Romo and Witten who also set a tone by playing with busted ribs, punctured lungs, and ruptured spleens. All of that plays into that team attitude.

Overall, though, this is a good topic and a good, critical thread. I remember how embarrassing that smack was on Lee at the time. I wouldn't have been too upset, even, with tacking on another 15 yards for retaliation at the end of it, given how that game was going already.
I agree with everything you have said. I hope your right about church. It sure would be nice to get a big hitting play making safety like Swearinger or Vaccaro. I'm sure that Lee won't forget that hit if we play them again.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
Lee "should have had his head on a swivel" and maybe seen it coming--but can't fault him--stuff like that happens (even though it was cheap it was legal)and I don't want to see us retaliate with anything illegal--i would, however, not mind seeing Tate or any other Seahawk get plowed by a cheap hit :)

anava

Reaction score
Another thing on the play it seems Ware is taking a horrible angle and going half speed.

Zordon

Reaction score
Red Dragon;5044041 said:

Red Dragon;5044042 said:
All of the posters here who are clamoring for their team to "retaliate" on behalf of a cheap shot are probably the same ones who would be screaming at the TV if their team drew a 15-yard penalty for actually doing so.
I don't know why there is always someone like you who always likes to take the extreme cases to defend this lack of fight in our team. There are many ways to "check" your opponente without getting a flag. I don't recall any of our guys (maybe Scandrick) who got in Tate's face after that play. Even if they were to receive a penalty, so be it. At least it shows that they have some spine. Years later George Teague is remembered for protecting the star, not being ejected from that game. If you think it's ok to keep turning the other cheek during these incidents b/c it's the "classy" thing to do then you really don't understand the "machismo" aspects of the game and you should get real comfortable seeing stuff like this in the future.

BRANDON-JACOBS-TELEVISED-ASSAULT.gif

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
JPostSam;5042971 said:
there are big hits, and there are dirty, dangerous hits. seems like you don't understand the difference.

I understand. I just don't think that hit was dirty. If you want a pom pom powder puff league, you'll get it. When people keep crying about clean hits because it was against their team, you'll get a league of panzies banning everything that makes the league fun. I'm old school. It seems like you don't understand old school.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
TonyS;5043385 said:

Golden-Tate-Sean-Lee.jpg

Looks incidental to me.