Do you like food? Of course you do! What are some of your favorite dishes?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'll start.

Chicken Marsala -- but I'm very particular. If it's gray, it goes back to the kitchen, or I don't eat at that restaurant again. Chicken Madeira isn't Marsala.

Panang Curry. Thai Spicy. Thick, coconut red sauce, with duck meat, green bell peppers, red bell peppers. A bay leaf or two. White rice. Heaven.

What are some of yours, you gluttons?

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
In Memphis....on Elvis Presley Blvd...is a "must eat" joint called Marlowes.....they have the GREATEST burger on the planet...The Elvis Burger...a quarter pounder....melted cheese,bacon and slice of ham w/lettuce,tomato and mayo.You simply must try this beautiful creation before you die.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
In Memphis....on Elvis Presley Blvd...is a "must eat" joint called Marlowes.....they have the GREATEST burger on the planet...The Elvis Burger...a quarter pounder....melted cheese,bacon and slice of ham w/lettuce,tomato and mayo.You simply must try this beautiful creation before you die.
Whoa whoa whoa...isn't the "Elvis sandwich" peanut butter, bacon, and banana, on grilled bread??

Getting mixed signals, ec!?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa...isn't the "Elvis sandwich" peanut butter, bacon, and banana, on grilled bread??

Getting mixed signals, ec!?
yes.
but wait til you try a burger fit for The King.
and yes....I went to a BBQ joint in Memphis and ordered a burger....but one night I tried their ribs....they were so good I cried BBQ sauce....from pure joy.

roughneck266

Reaction score
When I was in Singapore, there were several places we would go to that specialized in Black Pepper crab. The crabs were HUGE. Absolutely awesome though. I dont know of anywhere here that does it though.
RoTm3yPPQeGDTlslSY4A_image.jpg

Looked alot like that. There were some awesome Thai and Indian restaurants there as well. I could founder myself on the garlic cheese naan at one of the restaurants.

Xelda

Reaction score
My grandmother made the best cream style corn on the planet. There was some type of corn sauce and bursts from the corn kernels. She was such a great cook that as a child, I almost asked for seconds on turnip greens.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Burbon steak tips mash potatoes and asparagus.

Rice salmon and steam veggies.

Parmesan crusted chicken with sweet potato wedges and a tomato avocado onion salad lightly tossed in Italian dressing.

Those are my three go to meals. Home made is always the best

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I was in Singapore, there were several places we would go to that specialized in Black Pepper crab. The crabs were HUGE. Absolutely awesome though. I dont know of anywhere here that does it though.
RoTm3yPPQeGDTlslSY4A_image.jpg

Looked alot like that. There were some awesome Thai and Indian restaurants there as well. I could founder myself on the garlic cheese naan at one of the restaurants.
The Crab House in SF serves Dungeness cracked crab roasted in garlic butter in cast iron skillets. They are Satan's sous chefs. If they serve that in Hell, I am going to be naughtier. **** Santa, I want on the naughty list.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a matter of days, I shall be on the precipice of another year passing in the celebration of my birth and will prepare the birthday feast of my youth as prepared by my Mamaw and Mama, Great Grandmother. Homemade scratch French fries and a Nana puddin', it simply does not get any better than that for me.

Unfortunately, the Brooks Hot Ketchup of my youth is no more but I will adapt. But, Nabisco still makes Nilla Wafers. so there are some things still right in this world. There are some things they improve on over time but that does not make them better. If you had my Mamaw's Nana puddin' with me, you would look at me and say "I hope they serve this in Heaven" and I would reply to you "if it's not an entrée, I don't wanna go".