Do you like food? Of course you do! What are some of your favorite dishes?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
No, just drink it
I make wine, but I've been leaning towards brewing lately. I'm just worried that I won't drink it all and it will go bad. I drink more wine than beer and I just don't think I would drink 5 gallons of beer fast enough.

A buddy used to come over every two weeks and I know he would help kill it, but now he moved an 1:15 away for a new job and he comes maybe once every 2-3 months now.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I like simple food. Garden salad with a vinaigrette, good crusty bread with evoo, NY Strip rubbed with a garlic clove and salt+pepper, ripe peaches, grilled asparagus, fat shrimp cocktail, elk roast, fresh rainbow trout, and good chocolate. I like to cook and make plenty of elaborate meals, but often times I find the simpler the better with food.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I like simple food. Garden salad with a vinaigrette, good crusty bread with evoo, NY Strip rubbed with a garlic clove and salt+pepper, ripe peaches, grilled asparagus, fat shrimp cocktail, elk roast, fresh rainbow trout, and good chocolate. I like to cook and make plenty of elaborate meals, but often times I find the simpler the better with food.
I like to throw peaches in the smoker when im smoking a turkey

Hardline

Reaction score
Ribeye steak(rare)
fully loaded baked potato
sauteeed mushrooms in garlic butter .

Chicken fried steak
mashed potatoes
broccoli and cheese

7 layer lasagna
breadsticks with marinara sauce

Beef/chicken combo fajitas with all the fixings

Frito Chili pie

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ribeye steak(rare)
fully loaded baked potato
sauteeed mushrooms in garlic butter .

Chicken fried steak
mashed potatoes
broccoli and cheese

7 layer lasagna
breadsticks with marinara sauce

Beef/chicken combo fajitas with all the fixings

Frito Chili pie
Are you ever a chicken fried steak, eggs and biscuits and gravy guy, or is chicken fried steak more a dinner dish for you, Hardline?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
By the way...

Biscuits and mother ******* gravy! Ham steak in the gravy, not sausage.

Hardline

Reaction score
Are you ever a chicken fried steak, eggs and biscuits and gravy guy, or is chicken fried steak more a dinner dish for you, Hardline?
Both

It's got to be smothered in homemade country gravy.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hot wings deep fried in beef tallow (the tallow gives it a crunch and pop that it just doesn't get otherwise)

Anything from 3 Michelin star Olive Garden

Red Lobster's Hush Puppies

Tacos de lengua, cabeza, and al pastor (tongue, head meat, and sweet, rotisserie pork; on a corn tortilla, with cilantro, onion, and a spicy house sauce, green or red is fine)

Mole con pollo y arroz (a slow cooked chocolate sauce, should take at least 12 hours to make, or it's rushed; over chicken, with a side of spanish rice)

Torta (spanish sandwich; with everything from breaded steak, to jamon [ham])

Danielle's Woodfired Pizza; Petrillo's Pizza (one is of the finest New York variety, the other's closer to a deep dish style)

Oven baked brussels sprouts with olive oil, cracked pepper, kosher salt

Homemade fried enchiladas with queso de Oaxaca (queso fresco)

Homemade bacon wrapped, cream cheese and sausage stuffed jalapeños (stupid easy to make)

Last edited: