Do you like food? Of course you do! What are some of your favorite dishes?

CB61

Reaction score
Food is what I do for a living so here is a smoker recipe for you

Jack Daniels glazed smoked turkey

1 cup Jack Daniels or any whiskey or bourbon will do with your choice I've always used Jack

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup maple syrup

Combine ingredients well glazed turkey as it smokes on a cold smoke it is great for sandwiches or a meal

CB61

Reaction score
Here is a remoulade that goes great with fish or chicken

One cup roasted ground garlic sauteed in a pan or roast it in the oven but has to be ground

1/2 onion very finely diced

Cool garlic and mix with mayonnaise paprika until it gets a slight orange color, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper one half teaspoon dry mustard or regular, lemon juice about quarter cup and finally few squirts of Tabasco mix it up well let it sit for half hour great sauce, should be a little bit thick

CB61

Reaction score
Here is a remoulade that goes great with fish or chicken

One cup roasted ground garlic sauteed in a pan or roast it in the oven but has to be ground

1/2 onion very finely diced

Cool garlic and mix with mayonnaise paprika until it gets a slight orange color, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper one half teaspoon dry mustard or regular, lemon juice about quarter cup and finally few squirts of Tabasco mix it up well let it sit for half hour great sauce, should be a little bit thick
Drain the oil off the garlic first sorry I missed that

FloridaRob

Reaction score
oh...and Gumbo.
THANK YOU LORD for Gumbo.

Mine as well. If it did not take so long to make it and then add five lbs onto my waist line I would eat it more than I do. It has been about a year since i made it tho so I am tasting it. There are a few restaurants here in Florida that make it but none are as good as mine. Chicken and andouille sausage. No Okra please.

Others are chicken and dumplings, Chicken and yellow rice, tamales, and my wifes roast. Yum, yum.

I wish now that I would have spent some time watching my mom cook when I was younger. I miss her spaghetti, red velvet cake, carrot cake, and crawfish etoufee. That dishes were to die for.

roughneck266

Reaction score
This is a recipe for Mississippi Pot Roast. It is AWESOME, and it works better in sous vide than crock pot or stove top.
(1) 3-5 lb. chuck roast
2 tbsp. olive oil (or vegetable oil)
salt & pepper, to taste
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup) – REAL salted butter, not margarine
8 peperoncini peppers
Sous vide for 24 hrs at the temperature you prefer. Takes a while but man is it worth it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Don't know what my favorite meal is, but I know where it's served.
rZXr02hm.jpg

i see u like dairy

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Ribeye bone-in medium rare
Beef stroganoff
Crab legs/clams/shrimp
PB & J's
Ramen Noodles :D So bad for you but still hit that spot for some reason.

I love me some homemade Beef Stroganoff,:clap:
Also have a thing for that Orange Drink like you used to get in school, the real cheap stuff that's like 1 dollar a gallon. It goes wonderful with Cheetos.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Will post a few favorites as I love to cook.
But.....
If you love good BBQ and are around the little old town of Davis Oklahoma{S I35 about 50 miles or so from the Texas line} I can personally recommend this. https://www.smokinjoesribranch.com/ Kind of pricey but well worth the drive and the price.
As for me I love to make....
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
Chili with a moderate touch of brown sugar.
Spaghetti and meatballs
Tacos.
Homemade Beef Stew.

Also love Fried Chicken but suck at cooking it.
Also love
A good Pizza.
Good BBQ
And good Chinese Food.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'll start.

Chicken Marsala -- but I'm very particular. If it's gray, it goes back to the kitchen, or I don't eat at that restaurant again. Chicken Madeira isn't Marsala.

Panang Curry. Thai Spicy. Thick, coconut red sauce, with duck meat, green bell peppers, red bell peppers. A bay leaf or two. White rice. Heaven.

What are some of yours, you gluttons?
I prefer the roasting/ grilling of flesh I've stalked&bagged quarry, utilizing massive B.T.U. generating natural fuel sources,,,
,,,and/or,,,those cans with the " pull ring poptop lid" casing-liners of proclaimed foodstuffs/ delectables ,,,found in the grocery outlets,,er,,, sometimes magically transformed into steaming hot palatable fare
( once, at least a half a fistful of that shredded 5 cheese bags DA' BEANS of famed renowned tablefare,,,er,,,being found in rather large concentrations in my current A.O).,,, cheese, ALONG with various dashes of DIS',DAT' & DUH OTHER various seasoned amenities strategically located on top of the MICROWAVE ,,,ya know!

* the MICROWAVE OVEN rocks!!! with the completed preparation of those frozen casing-liners, TOO!o_O

A sleeve of those saltine crackers w/ a beer are of a PROVEN STAPLE,,, little Brothero_O

:muttley::starspin::muttley:

Last edited:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Things that I make and that I love. I say that I make because not all recipes are the same

• Tortilla soup.
  • Jambalaya
  • Chicken and Chorizo Cilantro Lime Pizza (this is wicked good)
  • Chili (in all forms, straight, chili cheese dogs, frito pie, chili nachos, crackers with chili, etc)
  • Blackened Chicken and / or shrimp
  • My homemade chicken soup with egg noodles
  • Chicken Romano.
  • Spaghetti (or even Chicken Parm) with my homemade roasted red pepper sauce
  • My smoked Boston butt
I really want to learn to make a great Barbacoa for barbacoa tacos. I will have to work on that one.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I need to branch out when I eat Indian food, but I can help but order the chicken tikka masala every time. That orange rich buttery spicy goodness, I can day dream about it.

What I really want to try in some of goat curries, like rogan