Do you play Fantasy Football?

wittenacious

Reaction score
I never have. Been invited to play FF on many occasions, but I've been resistant so far.

I've seen fans of other teams -- wearing other teams' gear -- coming over by me in a Sports Bar to watch a game Dallas was playing in, and their team wasn't, and watched them rooting for the Cowboys to score a TD ... but only by a certain player. I asked, what the h***? They told me that a certain Cowboys player was on their fantasy team. Yeah, they explained, they hated the Cowboys but had to root certain Cowboys players on because they were on their fantasy team.

Where was the exclusive team fan support? The pride? Seemed strange to me then, seems a strange way to go about things now. Maybe it's just me that doesn't get it and it's a brave new NFL fan world I don't quite connect with. IDK?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At one time I would play multiple teams in various leagues but quit a few years ago.

Seemed like a bit of a hassle trying to keep up with everything and it really sucked if you forgot about a mid week game and got your roster locked.

Also sucked if you had a high profile player on your team go down due to injury and not having much option to replace them due to a large number of teams in your league.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
M'Kevon;4479049 said:
Gave up fantasy football about 8 years ago. Could not stomach rooting for players on my team, against Dallas' interest.

Yeah I could never understand that...cause if you want to win at Fantasy Football that is going to happen at some point.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
wittenacious;4479428 said:
I never have. Been invited to play FF on many occasions, but I've been resistant so far.

I've seen fans of other teams -- wearing other teams' gear -- coming over by me in a Sports Bar to watch a game Dallas was playing in, and their team wasn't, and watched them rooting for the Cowboys to score a TD ... but only by a certain player. I asked, what the h***? They told me that a certain Cowboys player was on their fantasy team. Yeah, they explained, they hated the Cowboys but had to root certain Cowboys players on because they were on their fantasy team.

Where was the exclusive team fan support? The pride? Seemed strange to me then, seems a strange way to go about things now. Maybe it's just me that doesn't get it and it's a brave new NFL fan world I don't quite connect with. IDK?

This :bow:

rkell87

Reaction score
i was in 25 last year

one for money, placed second, romo went down in the championship

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
wittenacious;4479428 said:

arglebargle;4479133 said:
I am filled with curmudgeonly dislike of FF. Also don't care for the way the points system distorts views of NFL players.

M'Kevon;4479049 said:
Gave up fantasy football about 8 years ago. Could not stomach rooting for players on my team, against Dallas' interest.

exactly right if its not about the cowboys...than it hold little interest and never would I put myself in a position to be happy about M.Vick scoring a TD for the eagles<-----can anyone truly justify that.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Zaxor;4479515 said:
exactly right if its not about the cowboys...than it hold little interest and never would I put myself in a position to be happy about M.Vick scoring a TD for the eagles<-----can anyone truly justify that.

I rarely pick players from the Iggles, Stinks and Gints

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4479520 said:
I rarely pick players from the Iggles, Stinks and Gints

gawd how some one could entertain that idea and call themselves Cowboy fans is beyong my paygrade

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Zaxor;4479524 said:
gawd how some one could entertain that idea and call themselves Cowboy fans is beyong my paygrade

It's also why I don't always win. :laugh2:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4479528 said:
It's also why I don't always win. :laugh2:
lol :laugh2: yeah my would consist of Cowboys or no one so I wouldn't be winning either

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
M'Kevon;4479049 said:

No offense to anyone, but I always thought it was too dorky to play. I never got into it at ALL. Also, I'd never do well because there wouldn't be a SINGLE gina, deadskin, egirl, *****-packer, 'aint, or STEALer on my team.

boba5555

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little 'stitious
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4479052 said:
it can make it a little tougher, but i bench anyone playing against us and never ever ever draft any skins, eagles, giants players.

Yep it can make it tougher but it can be done...won a couple of years even without ever having any skins, iggles or gnats players and also no stealers either.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm planning to scale back, as I had far too many teams last year.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Each year? No. I stopped playing two years ago. But I won the championship the last year I played. Like Alexander the Great, I wept when there were no more worlds to conquer.:p:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I have helped my nephews and a couple of friends with their FFLs but I have never wanted to get involved myself. I don't like rooting for individuals and definitely don't like the idea of rooting for players on teams I hate, and there a lot of teams on that list.

I think part of the problem with today's fans can be traced back to fantasy leagues. It removes the whole "TEAM" concept and devolves to individual players. But that's just my opinion. If you enjoy playing that's great, knock yourself out, but count me out.

Tricericon

Reaction score
Zaxor;4479524 said:

It's simple. The players I draft always turn out to be bad, so I make it a point to get players from teams I don't like.

Conversely, I avoid taking Cowboys most of the time.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Lawdog;4479031 said:
1 FFL? What is this amateur hour? I haven't played in 1 FFL since Al Gore invented the internet.
I waited until the year after Gore invented the internet to quit FFL.