Do you play Fantasy Football?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Tricericon;4479762 said:
It's simple. The players I draft always turn out to be bad, so I make it a point to get players from teams I don't like.

Conversely, I avoid taking Cowboys most of the time.

Exactly. I avoid drafting Cowboys (I've made an exception for FG kickers, though - but they're not really football players anyway, right Hos?). This way I can avoid conflicts of head and heart. But anybody suggesting a true Cowboys fan would take a FANTASY football win over a REAL win for the Dallas Cowboys - just doesn't get it.

Because of the regular 'scouting' it requires - I believe FFL helps keep me outside of the 'bubble' that can arise when I overly focus on the Dallas Cowboys' team and players. I really think it gives me a clearer picture of Dallas' place in the current scheme of the league. JMO

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Did fantasy baseball for one season and that was more than enough for me. The closest I will ever get to FF is watching The League.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The only fantasy game I ever played was Basketball and that was years ago. I used to play with the jerkies at Mavtalk.

DFWJC

Reaction score
SuspectCorner;4483131 said:
Exactly. I avoid drafting Cowboys (I've made an exception for FG kickers, though - but they're not really football players anyway, right Hos?). This way I can avoid conflicts of head and heart. But anybody suggesting a true Cowboys fan would take a FANTASY football win over a REAL win for the Dallas Cowboys - just doesn't get it.

Because of the regular 'scouting' it requires - I believe FFL helps keep me outside of the 'bubble' that can arise when I overly focus on the Dallas Cowboys' team and players. I really think it gives me a clearer picture of Dallas' place in the current scheme of the league. JMO
Yeah, I've never met any real Cowboy fan who would come close to wanting a FFB win over the real thing. They are too different things entirely.

Also, as you said, I've found that following FFB keeps me way more in tune with what is going on a round the league, as well as how all the indiviual players are doing.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
I usually have at least 6 teams a year.

And I never had any issues with rooting for other players, even Eagles players, because I don't do any rooting.

I draft the players I want, whoever they are, set my rosters based on who I think will have a good game, and then I forget about it over the weekend. I don't look at the results until Monday night. This way I'm not, for example, watching the Giants and Cowboys knowing that Manning, who is on one of my teams, needs X amount of points for my team to win.

mooseq

Reaction score
i love FF i play it every year. i actually won the championship last year with a real good team...
qb vick
rb mccoy
rb a bradshaw
wr hicks
wr v cruz
wr s moss
te f davis

k dan bailey

but of course i am a cowboys fan first!:suxskins::suxjints::suxiggle:

mmillman

Reaction score
I really like fantasy football. I like the competition and it makes watching games that Dallas is not in somewhat interesting.

I also like ragging on my buddies :laugh2:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
#1 rule in fantasy football is "put it in neutral". If you can't handle that, then don't play.

I love FFL. I never let a team that player is on influence whether I draft him or play him. It's a game of projecting stats. I don't "root" for any player. I just hope I picked the right guy on the right day.

It makes having NFL Sunday Ticket infinitely more interesting.

I would NEVER trade an FFL win for a Cowboys win, but it's not like my pick is going to change the out come of the game anyway. Either the Cowboys stop, my McCoy pick for that week or they don't. I'm not rooting for McCoy, I'm giving my best guess at his projected stat line.

I'm a Cowboys fan, first and foremost, but I'm also a football fan. The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.