CZ POLL Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This poll is to gauge the current sentiment of Cowboys fans on CowboysZone of who should be the starting quarterback for the next game.

Obviously, the question in this poll is for when Dak Prescott is healthy enough again to start, so do not vote based on his active status.

Once Dak Prescott is healthy, who do you want to be the starting quarterback?

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
This poll is to gauge the current sentiment of Cowboys fans on CowboysZone of who should be the starting quarterback for the next game.

Obviously, the question in this poll is for when Dak Prescott is healthy enough again to start, so do not vote based on his active status.

Once Dak Prescott is healthy, who do you want to be the starting quarterback?
I have high regards for Cooper Rush. He has by far exceeded my expectations. And I do believe in the right environment he could be a starter in the NFL. He’s getting better each week as well. Doesn’t really make mistakes, proved last week he can throw the long ball on a straight line. There’s nothing super spectacular about any aspect of his game but there’s nothing bad about it either. He reads the pressure well, makes the right moves in the pocket when he needs to. Look at Tom Brady for example, not the most Athletic quarterback but he seems to step around in the pocket at just the right time. Cooper Rush does the same thing. Gets himself that extra second or two to throw the ball down field.
That said, Dak he’s going to be the starter as soon as he’s healthy whether any of us like it or not. Overall I think he gives us the best chance to win down the stretch going into the playoffs. Dak has issues with his gameplay overall and he’s not perfect but I do believe he’s better than Cooper Rush.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
As long as Dak can get back to form, far and away it's Dak. But if Dak can't get right and looks like he did against SF or TB this year then Rush will have to step back in. I think that's the only fair and logical assessment. Everyone leaning to one extreme or another are either idiots or have narratives they've been pushing that they jump at every little chance to try and validate.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why would you want a QB that is 27th in the NFL in completion percentage?
The Cooper Rush narratives are exposing the ill.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Why do we do this?

I can remember the whole "Steve Walsh should start over Troy Aikman" cries. Then, it was the "Steve Beurlien should start over Troy Aikman
cries.

We always seem to love the backup QB.

Jarntt

Reaction score
How is this not 90-10? Dak is not and never will be elite and may never be more than slightly above average, but for people to pick Cooper Rush over him seems more like an anti-Dak agenda pick. I'm all for replacing Dak when his contract allows for it IF (stressing if) we find a good enough guy, but certainly not with Cooper Rush. Lastly, they are the same age so it's not like Cooper Rush is some young kid who will improve greatly over the next few years. He is smart, he makes the right calls and right decisions and that is very important, but he is just too limited to be a long term starting QB. Absolutely love how he has come in and won us some games and went from hoping for a better backup to being happy with giving him a nice raise to stay, but as a backup only.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Why do we do this?

I can remember the whole "Steve Walsh should start over Troy Aikman" cries. Then, it was the "Steve Beurlien should start over Troy Aikman
cries.

We always seem to love the backup QB.

Oh, it goes way beyond. that. I remember from back in the days of Meredith the crowd chanting "We want Morton! We want Morton."

shabazz

Reaction score
My ultimate choice is neither but I’d rather see change for the rest of the season because if Daks in there we all known damn well how the end of the season is gonna be. Failure

So for the 134th time, “the next Cowboys Qb to hoist a Lombardi trophy ain’t on the team yet”

shabazz

Reaction score
Some fans are just very ignorant.

The ones that expect Dakota to lead this team to a SB certainly are……hell, he can’t even get the team to the NFC Championship game with the product he’s been putting on the field.

I don’t need more than 6 years to see this guy doesn’t have it between the ears…at least Rush has that going for him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The ones that expect Dakota to lead this team to a SB certainly are……hell, he can’t even get the team to the NFC Championship game with the product he’s been putting on the field.

I don’t need more than 6 years to see this guy doesn’t have it between the ears…at least Rush has that going for him.
Your opinion not mine.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This will be a better question reality after the rams game.
One thing about rush, he has been consistent, and that is something dak hasnt been since 2016.

I chose rush, because he is the better qb so far in 2022.

Dak could only get 3 points up in the first game and lost,
Rush is 3-0 and doesnt put up a lot of points, but is consistent in putting up around 20-23 points.
He is consistent in all areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.