CZ POLL Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are used to Cinderella QB stories. Romo was never supposed to be the starter for a single game, much less 10 years. Prescott was third-string arguably fourth-string at one point before rookie season. Heck, even the great Roger Staubach began his pro career as the backup to Craig Morton.

Quarterbacks historically have stretched the limits of Cowboys Nation's imagination. Franchise starters have emerged suddenly, like lightning flashes. And yes, Rush's three starts have been outstanding. He has played within himself. He has made plays when they've needed to be made. Guys around him have really stepped up.

Let's just appreciate the reality of the situation. The Cowboys have found a viable backup to Prescott. That's a good thing. No further debate is needed.
You know, sometimes I think the reason why Rush could do what he did was that he can play free from all pressure. He just took it as it came. He's enjoying the moment and knows that he'll be replaced again soon no matter how good / bad he performs.

He really looked relaxed in all interviews and even on the pitch. Of course within the context of leading an NFL franchise on GameDay. But he is in total control of his offense unlike Dak, who just seemed to be lost every now and then within the decision for the play. Adding his calf injury when he started to look slow and rusty and you have the recipe for a decline.

I don't know how Dak could shake off all that pressure, but that's what he needs to do in my opinion. Fans (including myself) expect the Superbowl from him, so I don't know how he could get rid of those thoughts. But in the end it's up to him to feel comfortable with his offense and the decisions being made by KM again. And that's all within his head, not his arm or his legs.

catiii

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s silly to say he’s better at QB because he’s won some low scoring games while throwing for 200 yards. I think the switch to Rush has been a boon to Dallas’s psyche as they can’t be complacent (which has seemed to happen in past years), but Cooper’s only real impressive feat is not turning the ball over. Put him on a team without this D and he’ll look like a bottom 10 QB
But so would Dak/

catiii

Reaction score
Dak has not had a D this good in his entire 6 year career. At what point in that span was he the 23rd or worse QB in the nfl?
Just wait tuntil he comes back. The answer will be revealed by the end of the year as "the 2022 season." Thus says Zoltar the great. Please insert 25c for more predictions.
Zoltar-Fortune-Telling-Machine-4.jpg

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You know, sometimes I think the reason why Rush could do what he did was that he can play free from all pressure. He just took it as it came. He's enjoying the moment and knows that he'll be replaced again soon no matter how good / bad he performs.

He really looked relaxed in all interviews and even on the pitch. Of course within the context of leading an NFL franchise on GameDay. But he is in total control of his offense unlike Dak, who just seemed to be lost every now and then within the decision for the play. Adding his calf injury when he started to look slow and rusty and you have the recipe for a decline.

I don't know how Dak could shake off all that pressure, but that's what he needs to do in my opinion. Fans (including myself) expect the Superbowl from him, so I don't know how he could get rid of those thoughts. But in the end it's up to him to feel comfortable with his offense and the decisions being made by KM again. And that's all within his head, not his arm or his legs.

Well pressure could well be the reason, but it's not an excuse. You get paid the money and you accept the responsibility that that entails.

If a 'Franchise QB' isnt hindered/pressured by the expectation of a SB then he doesnt deserve to get paid the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.