Do you resign Dez if you are the GM?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
@Rockport and @Aviano90 , Honestly, what is it with you two? I like the two of you chaps. You're both good friends to me here, and I enjoy your informative posts. With that being said, what's with the constant bickering? Is there something I can do to help resolve your issues with each other? Because I don't like seeing my friends fighting with each other.
Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you.

nobody

Reaction score
No. Just no. It's a bad situation all around and both sides are to blame.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Signing Dez Bryant?

giphy-1.gif

Pants

Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmmm, no

they didn't get rid of him because of salary, they got rid of him to help Dak....if he were brought back, then he still would want the ball ALL of the time...no, just no

(Note: I have said before, I love Dez, but just not as a Cowboy, I will be a big fan of his again as long as he doesn't go to an NFCE team)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to be a fly on the wall when he and McClay first meet. It wasn't enough they cut him, McClay had to take some shots in the media. If they wanted him back, I am not sure he'd consider it. I am not a Dezzie but that was bush league to say anything about why a player was released.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez was a good young player that banked millions when productive. He had to go. His half assed play when he was not the center piece pissed me off.
I used to be really excited seeing him on the field just wondering what miracle he and Romo would pull out of the hat. Then, the rabbits stopped coming out of the hat. He really needed Romo's magic. But, after his injury, not sure if even the Romonater would have helped.

glimmerman

Reaction score
...FWIW, can we really not post polls on this forum?!?!

IMO, if we resigned Dez cheap and got ET, we’d have a serious chance at the Super Bowl...
No.. if he wasn’t a distraction before then if you resign him now he will definitely be one now. Not to mention the media. But JJ might like the attention from the media.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Just as some NBA point guards are brilliant at dishing for pick-and-roll plays while others are not, some NFL quarterbacks are great at 'throwing the receiver open.'

Draw your own conclusions about the abilities of Dak Prescott. Personally, I don't consider this to be one of his strengths. I believe he lacks the 'touch pass' skill. Not to imply he can't gain that skill - only that it isn't in his current arsenal. JMO

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think we got the picture that Dez was a distraction. That is not changing. Cutting him was the smartest thing Jerry did in the offseason.

Verdict

Reaction score
I wouldn't even hire Dez to sweep the bleachers in AT&T stadium after the game. There would be a cancer empidemic in Arlington just because Dez swept the floors.