Do you resign Dez if you are the GM?

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Not sure why Cowboy fans suddenly knew Dez was a bum, and had no interest in him...

I'd offer 1.5 + 5 in incentives, and advise him they need an answer before the deal lapses by deadline...

I'd be you at least trying would be him back here, and we could pay him nearly nothing.. The only thing that would need to change is for Jerry to expressly authorize Garrett to tell Des to ****, whenever he's acting like a *****...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not sure why Cowboy fans suddenly knew Dez was a bum, and had no interest in him...

I'd offer 1.5 + 5 in incentives, and advise him they need an answer before the deal lapses by deadline...

I'd be you at least trying would be him back here, and we could pay him nearly nothing.. The only thing that would need to change is for Jerry to expressly authorize Garrett to tell Des to ****, whenever he's acting like a *****...
I'm pretty sure I remember you defending TO back in the day as well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why would Bryant accept those terms? The Ravens offered a contract that had that proposal beat by a WIDE margin.

GenoT

Reaction score

You couldn’t get Dez’s agent to even bother to answer the phone with that ridiculous offer, lol!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

I might offer him that too, after the 1st game of the season so his contact is not guaranteed.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NO you don't cut a player the way they did then come back to offer a lousy contract like that.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Dez isn't really a starting caliber receiver anymore post-foot injury and 31 of 32 NFL teams know this.

John Harbaugh, always the exception, got spurned by him.

Don't think he'll get a starting job and/or receive significant snaps in 2018 or beyond. He'll get picked up in training camp or early in the season, but his career is mostly finished and it's half his fault and half bad luck to suffer a career-derailing Jones fracture in his prime.

I guarantee more than just the Ravens have shown interest and would sign him. I don't think Dez is interested in fielding any offers until after the camps are completed.

As far as the Cowboys go - no, that ship sailed after the way he left and spoke up afterwards. And the way they parted ways ugly is on Dez. I believe he (or his agent) made it very clear that he would consider no pay cut at all, so the fact that Jerry didn't even offer him a reduced salary to remain is entirely on Dez.

Reactions: G2

jsb357

Reaction score
He took Jerry's business decision as a personal insult.

His high school mentality cost him his chance to return.

Had he took the high road I would have resigned him for league veteran minimum.

Now? No way...

kevm3

Reaction score
I think too many bridges were burned to go down that route.

Dez has a grudge against the coaches and this is evident looking at how he wants to play in the division or with the 49ers.

garyv

Reaction score
No close the book and move on this team has talent at WR...honestly I love Gallup very excited about him.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Resign or re-sign? I would absolutely resign him (we did). I would never ever re-sign him. He's a loser who is vastly overrated and hasn't been anything since 2014.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It was time to move on from Dez Bryant. I'd rather see guys like Wilson and Brown develop.

And Gallup as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing how those chaps come along. I daresay that we'll be able to forget about Dez before too long.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
...FWIW, can we really not post polls on this forum?!?!

IMO, if we resigned Dez cheap and got ET, we’d have a serious chance at the Super Bowl...

No.

Not even to the vet minimum. And that our chances at winning a championship with him are bigger i do disagree.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
@Rockport and @Aviano90 , Honestly, what is it with you two? I like the two of you chaps. You're both good friends to me here, and I enjoy your informative posts. With that being said, what's with the constant bickering? Is there something I can do to help resolve your issues with each other? Because I don't like seeing my friends fighting with each other.