Do you resign Dez if you are the GM?

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
I like dez bryant man,his love for the cowboys is real.alot players in the NFL don't give a damn about it only their own career.but hé has some Passion for this organisation hé wear the star with huge pride.he wanted tot give our fans and himself a Superbowl so much as no one else.having said that about our alle time record TD leader.if we do resign him it ll be a gamble about his behaviour.we have some talent and should accept if he gets less playtime..i think this risk is too big

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I like dez bryant man,his love for the cowboys is real.alot players in the NFL don't give a damn about it only their own career.but hé has some Passion for this organisation hé wear the star with huge pride.he wanted tot give our fans and himself a Superbowl so much as no one else.having said that about our alle time record TD leader.if we do resign him it ll be a gamble about his behaviour.we have some talent and should accept if he gets less playtime..i think this risk is too big
Maybe you forgot what he said about the franchise and the fans.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, but I bet Dez can drive a Lamborghini... and even a scooter.

I honestly believe parting ways with Dez was only partially because of fading talent or even contract.
He would've done just fine in Baltimore... should've taken that deal.
To me, the QB has to be your leader. Look at every team. That is the goal.
I believe the thinking is it's now truly Dak's team. To me, they let Dez go to allow Dak to lead the team.

Don't underestimate the power of fading talent and contract. That is the driving force behind most releases. If Tyrone Crawford doesn't step it up, I believe he is gone after this season. Why? Talent VS contract. It's just the brutal reality in the NFL. But I do believe you make a good point in that Dak now controls the offense entirely. But I believe it is Dez not being worth his weight in his contract that allowed for this to happen. And yeah, he should have absolutely taken the Ravens offer.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...FWIW, can we really not post polls on this forum?!?!
Poll creation is an added benefit of becoming a Zone Supporter. :thumbup:
IMO, if we resigned Dez cheap and got ET, we’d have a serious chance at the Super Bowl...
New wide receiver blood has been infused into the roster. In my opinion, Bryant should not enjoy another opportunity with the team if-and-until after the current wide receiver group proves it cannot succeed without him.

pansophy

Reaction score

IMO, if we resigned Dez cheap and got ET, we’d have a serious chance at the Super Bowl...
Romo and Dez's game matched and Dak and Dez's doesn't. That's why we moved on, choosing a young QB with a shot at being in the top 3rd of the league versus an almost 30 year old WR.

So no I wouldn't.

GenoT

Reaction score

Why don’t we just go ahead and sign Beckham, Gronk and, say, Aaron Rodgers? And the entire Houston defense. Maybe get Belichick to coach ‘em up?

I bet that would get us to the Super Bowl quicker than a washed-up Dez and an over-the-hill ET.
:omg::muttley::thumbup:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
no outside distraction plus Dez own personal feeling about the staff and so called Garrett guys that Dez has an issue with