Do you see NFL season starting w/o delays?

Sepia

Reaction score
If the season did arrive, I’m curious as to how in shape players will be if their offseason training and coaching is affected. OTAs, practicing with hired trainers, gym workouts, and maybe even training camp could be off the table.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If we get people to do what they're supposed to do, maybe. But right now, I'm saying, "No." There will be a delay.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Nope... I don’t even think there will be a season.
Best case scenario maybe something like, play divisional games only, so a 6 game regular season and top 2 teams from each division in to the playoffs... and then an 8 team conference playoff situation similar to 1982.

Your plan is just saying HALF of the league is in the playoffs. If they go with just a divisional schedule it should still be similar to now with the divisional winners and 2 wildcard teams per conference and the top 2 divisional teams in each conference get the 1st playoff weekend off and then goes on from there. Shortened schedule or not, half of the teams don't belong in the playoffs. No participation trophies here.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No, and if there is a season at all, I believe the stands will have a ton of empty seats unless ticket prices fall. I wonder what the salary cap is going to do in the next few years.

The salary cap is based primarily on the TV contracts and empty live gates have nothing to do with the TV contracts. If anything it will help that because there will be more people watching from home. The live gate and merchandise sales is what pays for the coaches, administrative help, maintenance of the facilities, air travel and hotels for road games, everything other than players salary.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not be surprised if the schedule is reduced to 10-12 games.
If necessary, I could see a shorter season and/or a slightly shorter training camp along with cancelling the last two pre-season games.

However, it's still way too early to write off the season right now. The NFL will have a much better idea in May or June whether its feasible to have a full or partial season or cancel the season.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DanA

Reaction score
I think NFL will run as normal except pre-season games. I think they will be adjusted to accommodate impact on training camp