Do you think Dez would have been brought back if they did not draft CeeDee?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
oh interesting, i hadn't read that. Well i guess lets hope he lives up to the pedigree of the men that wore it before him!
Doing this number change is clearly a message to Dez.

"No returns or exchanges without a receipt"

fivetwos

Reaction score
10 looks cool as hell on him....88 will look awkward, and will drive me nuts every time I see it knowing Jerrah forced it on him, Any chance he still ends up with 10?
I dont know how fair it would be to the 4-5 people who bought the 88 jersey.

Hashtag tired as hell.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dez Bryant was NEVER coming back regardless of the draft
Not all that long ago I wouldnt have agreed, but I think that's 100% the case.

They know him all too well to know that he would never accept not being the focal point of the offense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
great movie ....it’s a chopper baby
John Travolta was outstanding in this movie.

When this came out..I thought him washed up.

The funniest scene is when he overdosed the bosses girlfriend and has to do the adrenal shot to her heart.

I am not wanting to watch meanwhile LMAO at the scene.

Priceless.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No, Dez was never coming back.

To be honest, I think the Cowboys would have brought Tavon Austin back if they didn't get a receiver in the draft.

rags747

Reaction score
Who is the better receiver coming out of college? I remember when Dez slipped and we picked him I was ecstatic.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just curious. Do you think Dez would have been brought back if they did not draft CeeDee? Do you think it’s still possible he is brought back? If he comes back do you think he will behave and be a contributor?

My view is:

Definitely- Yes

I think there is a 10 pct chance. If someone gets hurt 90 pct.

I believe he would help out. I also think he would behave. He knows this is his last chance.

Dez was possible as veteran guy to take some WR3 snaps and backup the starters. Probably not the best fit here for it and with us, but I think teams not considering him are silly. Former All Pros looking for work don't grow on trees. He's surely not what he was, but he signed for nothing with the Saints, and has a lot of upside over that nothing.

With Lamb here and us likely going 3WR as our base, maybe we need another veteran WR to back up those guys?

Maybe, I don't think Dez is a poor fit for that. Better to get a veteran cap casualty who executes better than Dez but will be happy with a pure backup role. I think Dez views this next year as a "prove it" year, and will want the snaps to do it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Regardless who we drafted Dez wasn’t coming back to the Cowboys. All the chatter about him coming back to the team was created by him. The team didn’t get this started he got it started. We’re not bringing in any aging veteran receivers. Our top 3 WRs are set.

Our top 3 are set. But it would be nice to have a veteran who could back them up. With Lamb, I think we're going 3WR as our base. Having a legitimate veteran backup for *all 3* spots would be a good idea, IMO.

I like Devin Smith a lot, but we have *no* proven depth after the top 3.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Just curious. Do you think Dez would have been brought back if they did not draft CeeDee? Do you think it’s still possible he is brought back? If he comes back do you think he will behave and be a contributor?

My view is:

Definitely- Yes

I think there is a 10 pct chance. If someone gets hurt 90 pct.

I believe he would help out. I also think he would behave. He knows this is his last chance.

Let it go.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dez was possible as veteran guy to take some WR3 snaps and backup the starters. Probably not the best fit here for it and with us, but I think teams not considering him are silly. Former All Pros looking for work don't grow on trees. He's surely not what he was, but he signed for nothing with the Saints, and has a lot of upside over that nothing.

With Lamb here and us likely going 3WR as our base, maybe we need another veteran WR to back up those guys?

Maybe, I don't think Dez is a poor fit for that. Better to get a veteran cap casualty who executes better than Dez but will be happy with a pure backup role. I think Dez views this next year as a "prove it" year, and will want the snaps to do it.
Shouldn't WR4's be also playing Special Teams?
Maybe they'd make him do it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our top 3 are set. But it would be nice to have a veteran who could back them up. With Lamb, I think we're going 3WR as our base. Having a legitimate veteran backup for *all 3* spots would be a good idea, IMO.

I like Devin Smith a lot, but we have *no* proven depth after the top 3.

A legitimate veteran backup isn’t going to want to play behind three receivers. They’re going to want to play. We have developing receivers behind our top three who’ve had some playing time. We’re set at WR.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Look guys.

Get over your Dez love affair.
I get it. I wanted him to join for nothing also, but this team is fine without him.
Maybe better without him.

Just move forward for once.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A legitimate veteran backup isn’t going to want to play behind three receivers. They’re going to want to play. We have developing receivers behind our top three who’ve had some playing time. We’re set at WR.

A veteran who knows he's on the downside of his career, wants a check, and maybe a playoff run. Those guys exist every year.

The "developing" WRs we still have on the roster had 11 total catches last year. That's not a lot of development or experience to be relying on to back up our 3 starters. Not enough for me, at least.