1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think that with another coach we would have won at least one SB in the 10 year Garrett era?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Darkhound, May 21, 2020.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

53,633 Messages
    21,554 Likes Received
  2. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

9,563 Messages
    5,907 Likes Received
    first it wasnt PI, the TE grabbed the defender

CowboysWillRise and Haimerej like this.
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

13,624 Messages
    8,647 Likes Received
    Impossible question. This is not Madden where you insert a coach with a given a roster and just play ball. A different coach would mean entirely different approaches offensively and defensively, schemes and likely different players at key positions. So who knows how it works out whether better or worse. The appropriate question is asking if Garrett is capable of being a SB winning HC, to which most would give you a resounding NO.

4. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    2,864 Likes Received
    The thing about Garrett's teams is that they were almost always dumb and sloppy in a general way across all 3 phases of the game. It's just that when there was more talent they could get away with it more. It's hard to quantify how many wins that costs you in the playoffs, or trips to the playoffs for that mater, but it's a lot. Does it get you to a Super Bowl? Beats me, but you can't constantly self-sabotage and then wonder where the Lombardis are.

5. Endzoneview

Endzoneview Member

43 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    2007 and 2014 were the years we had a real serious Super Bowl contenders, 2007 probably was more fun to watch from a explosive point of view, the 2014 was the old school Cowboys

Jack Burton and 75boyz like this.
  6. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

4,251 Messages
    4,217 Likes Received
    That they didn’t get to the nfc title game in 2007 was so horribly depressing and sad.

7. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,916 Messages
    5,150 Likes Received
    Was Tomlin with Ben, Payton with Brees, Aikman/Jimmy, Montana/Walsh..blah blah blah. Mike with Tony or Dak, is a much much much better combo than Garrett and any QB.

8. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

9,563 Messages
    5,907 Likes Received

Lol.. tha's your opinion, you havent seen him with no other qb other than Farve, another HOFer, yet his latest qb considered him dumb...lol.

9. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

22,160 Messages
    53,530 Likes Received
    Not w/Marinelli & Richard.

10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,268 Messages
    35,361 Likes Received
    It's possible.
    There's never any way of knowing.

I do think we would've won a few more playoff games.
    With Garrett as HC, there were 5 years where we had the roster to at least possibly go deeper in the playoffs
    2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

The coach was a big problem, but the roster--especially during the 4 years from 2010-2013 was fairly (to very) poor overall.
    There's is zero chance whatsoever that could've won it all those years.

11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,268 Messages
    35,361 Likes Received
    2007 was so long ago and not a Garrett team. But yes, that roster was good enough if healthy and playing up to capability, to at least ake it to the SB. They just ended the year banged up and a bit out of synch, sadly. Lost to the SB champs and one play away from winning that one.
    People do forget though, that team lost to the Patriots earlier that year by 3 TDs.

2014 had a jag defense--not horrible, just jag----they were more like the rosters that we've had from 2016-2019...and maybe less talented on D than the last two seasons. Still so close to advancing to the NFC Title game. No cigar.

12. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

10,026 Messages
    5,951 Likes Received
    No salary cap.

13. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

29,092 Messages
    17,114 Likes Received
    That’s part of it. You can still accumulate talent thru the draft this era. Just can’t hang on to them.

Whirlwin likes this.
  14. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

10,026 Messages
    5,951 Likes Received
    I still see colleges the new NFL training camp. These players just don’t have time to learn because of the. Your draft at high you’re playing

15. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,492 Messages
    6,739 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson = Hall of Fame
    Parcells = Hall of Fame

Where is Garrett?

16. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,492 Messages
    6,739 Likes Received

Starting poorly is a hallmark of Garrett. Every game it seems.

I'm guessing his preparation for each and every game is "we're going to run the ball, control the clock, play good defense."

He is too stubborn to change. Which makes me conclude he is nothing more than a fraud.

stasheroo and CowboysWillRise like this.
  17. MetalMike

MetalMike Member

84 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Hell, I could've won a SB in the 10 year Garrett era!

18. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

10,969 Messages
    16,052 Likes Received
    Tbh I thought Ebron put his hand in Hitchens face before Hitch made contact. Objectively it was off setting penalties and replay the down.

19. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

10,969 Messages
    16,052 Likes Received
    :hammer:

20. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

915 Messages
    1,220 Likes Received
    Duh...I'd say we would have made at least two (2) NFC Championship games

stasheroo likes this.