CZ POLL Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
As Mike said it’s hard to do. You can sit certain starters but not all of them. We only have 48 players. ST’s would be a mess too.
You can’t rest them all
Not enough guys on the roster
But I’d sit A few of the key guys including Zeke and martin

Big D

Reaction score
You play to win this game, with the reserves.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nah play them.

And if we have a key injury I can just assure you guys we weren’t going to win anything anyways.

You should only be smart if you’re the best team. Whoever that is.

Aftershock

Reaction score
If we rest and the cowboys lose in round 1. The first thought that would come to my mind IS NOT “oh man, we shoulda played our starters in week 18..!!!!!” NO this teams issues are far greater than that.
Give me a break

is this a joke?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If you're already having a half a dozen players out due to covid, why bother risking an injury for a small possibility of moving up one spot to either play the Rams or Cards, if the Cowboys won last week to remain in the two slot then yeah but does it really matter this point, rather try to remain healthy as possible for the playoffs

Creeper

Reaction score
The offense starters should play at least the first half and try to get the running game going and the pass protection corrected. Obviously anyone dealing with an injury can rest. Guys like Jarwin, if he is ready could use the time to shake of some rust.

quickccc

Reaction score
As Mike said it’s hard to do. You can sit certain starters but not all of them. We only have 48 players. ST’s would be a mess too.

That's probably the dilenma they are at. Is there a chance they probably won't announce it until game time ?

i could see (at least) most of the game like this:

QB - Cooper Rush
RB Cory Clements, Hardy
WR - Turner, Brown, Simi
TE - Schultz, Sprinkle, Jarwin
OL - Steele, Nyseke, Farniok, McGovern, Williams

DE - Armstrong
DT - T Hill
DT - Gallimore
DE - Basham
LB - LVE
LB - Neal
LCB - Wright (Diggs)
SS - Wilson
FS - Kazee
RCB - Joseph
Slot - Lewis

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
I feel like there needs to be a third option. I do feel like some should rest, but that's covid forcing our hand.

Otherwise I'm at a point where I want to see them go out and win. Meaningless or not I don't want to enter the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak and pretend everything is fine.

I remember when the Giants gave it everything they had week 17 vs the Pats, in a meaningless game. They lost a close one, but then caught fire in the playoffs and beat the undefeated Pats I'm the superbowl. This isn't that type of statement game, but I want to win regardless.

There was something at stake though, to ruin the Pats undefeated season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only way I rest our starters is if Philly rests theirs. I don’t see anything good coming from our starters playing against their backups.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Why were we scheduled to play Sat? Wish they had us playing to see the results of the other games to make that decision

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why were we scheduled to play Sat? Wish they had us playing to see the results of the other games to make that decision
we were scheduled to play sunday.
the game got flexed.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's impossible to sit all 22 starters obviously. But there are about 5-10 players who should not suit up at all - some already out anyway like Parsons and Tyron. The rest can be on limited snap counts in the 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.