Do you think this team actually cares about winning?

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
ACCOUNTABILITY, at a minimum new special teams coach tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me if Bill is trying out kickers tomorrow.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Do you work? Do you care about the work that you do? I would hope so. These guys are the same way. Of course they care. They're just working under a terrible regime, unfortunately. It's definitely not the players I'm questioning here. Whether you like or dislike Jaylon Smith as a player, that kid has A TON of heart for this game, just as one example.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I think Dak cares, and I think we need a coach in here that can "make" Zeke care and get in great shape again. Hello Urban Myer.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Do we have the right people leading the players. Our approach to every part of the game is conservative. We play not to lose. In that final defensive drive, we had LBs playing back. Why didn't we stack the lanes? We gave them two of the easiest runs at the most critical time.

On ST, complete disaster!!

We don't do enough situational drills with these guys at practice and it shows. All NE had to do was create a wrinkle presnap and we get mentally rattled on the field and cause a penalty .

To answer the OPs question. Players do want to win. The issue is who is guiding them down that path for success?
Well said. Could you imagine this team with Landry or Jimmy? OMG, it would be a dynasty.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So now we aren't trying at all? Good lord.

We are trying. But there is a difference between giving it all you got and giving a half *** effort. This team lacks the firepower to give opposing teams everything they got. Like I said, I love Zeke, and I think he’s going through a possible slump, but this could be him right now. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I’m stating to doubt him now...
Same for Jaylon. Same for D-Law (who’s actually getting better). La’el is the only one that’s worth the money we signed this offseason.

You honestly think those players don't care about money, too? Lmao. Quit being naive. Rodgers is one of the biggest crybabies in this league and many of his teammates hate him and he will throw any of his teammates under the bus. Nothing is ever his fault according to him.

Not one player would play for free and not one puts this game above money.

They obviously care about money. It’s their top priority and I don’t blame them. But our players don’t give it their all and it’s upsetting seeing a great, young, talented team give up like that IMO. You can’t tell me that this team looks like they don’t care to the extent they are capable of caring to sometimes.

HotDog37

Reaction score
^Jimmy would tell Zeke "hey Z, you want to win? get your *** in shape you have 2 weeks. If not it's Curvin Richards time for you. I know you can do it. See you at 0500 sharp drills begin 5:03. Be stretched. Be sharp. Be motivated.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think this team gives a damn.
you don't put your body thru a grind like an NFL season and not care about winning.
You can't question this teams heart.
they didnt quit.....and haven't.
5 Games left.
Everything still in the fore-front.
:starspin:WIN:starspin:

HotDog37

Reaction score
I think this team gives a damn.
you don't put your body thru a grind like an NFL season and not care about winning.
You can't question this teams heart.
they didnt quit.....and haven't.
5 Games left.
Everything still in the fore-front.
:starspin:WIN:starspin:

I don't accept mediocrity. I respect your outlook and your opinion nonetheless. I don't want grind. I don't want 'of course they care". I don't want "but we can do it". I want top notch coaching and I want accountability. I want winners.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I know it's not a priority with Jerry. You don't hire HC's like Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Wade Phillips or Jason Garrett if winning is your main objective. You don't hire someone like Garrett and years later talk about how the training wheels finally came off. Why did you hire a guy that needed training wheels in the first place?

Jerry would like to win, but only his way. With a figurehead HC who has no real power while Jerry tinkers and meddles and is the face of the franchise. Jerry would rather be comfortable and lose than win with someone else in control and getting the credit, ala with Jimmy.

His Al Davis attitude is damaging this organization.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't accept mediocrity. I respect your outlook and your opinion nonetheless. I don't want grind. I don't want 'of course they care". I don't want "but we can do it". I want top notch coaching and I want accountability. I want winners.
then we want the same.
but having never played this game at this level,I will never question a players heart.
and that doesnt equal an acceptance of mediocrity.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Honestly, I think some players care a lot and some not near as much. In general, I think we have a team that doesn’t care about winning as much as a team like NE. Tom Brady is 42-43 and he still cares more than anyone on our team. Dak and Sean Lee care.
We need some loud aggressive leaders, like Brady!

HotDog37

Reaction score
then we want the same.
but having never played this game at this level,I will never question a players heart.
and that doesnt equal an acceptance of mediocrity.

I don't think we have an issue with players but leadership, game panning, game adjustments, motivation, and finally the killer instinct (if you will). We need a new direction with regards to head coaching in my opinion, and all of the sub-coaches and changes in how we approach playing football.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't think we have an issue with players but leadership, game panning, game adjustments, motivation, and finally the killer instinct (if you will). We need a new direction with regards to head coaching in my opinion, and all of the sub-coaches and changes in how we approach playing football.
I agree whole heartedly.
but in honesty,I dont trust Jerry Jones with the next hire.
I hope we dont promote from within.
go outside the circle and let him bring in his people.
Im affraid if he does fire garrett.....he promotes a garrett asst....which will just bring the same.
we need better than the same.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Anyone that has ever played competitive football, at just about any level, knows there are some guys that will do anything possible to win, and other guys not so much. That being said motivation can bring out more effort in a player. In general, I don’t think we have very many super competitive players that will do anything to win( Dak, Lee, Lawrence).

KingRah

Reaction score
Legit. Does this team care about wins? Or just money? You look at true players who live for football: Luke Kuechly, Wagner, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. We have no one like that on our team. No one on this team actually cares. No one on this team actually pays that much attention to detail or their craft/position. No one on this team is dedicated. Seriously, everyone in this team is nonchalant about winning and losing. We come on this forum every day and complain, but deep down, so you really think they care about wins and losses? Do you really think they care and think about the same problems we do deep down? I see the things these players are doing. They are more interested in fashion, girls, smoking, partying, etc. there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s clear that the image of playing for the Cowboys is more precious and important to them than actually playing for the win. Like getting to the Super Bowl. Is it really that important to them? I know football is a business and at the end of the day they care about contracts, but you’d think players would care about their “dream” jobs a bit more. Am I the only one that notices this?
Is this a coaching problem or just a personel problem?
They care about getting paid. The only one who cares about winning is DAk because qbs get credit for wins.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
#1 Jerry cares just enough to keep us good enough to keep the money rolling in.
#2 Garrett knows his days are numbered because his contract is up at the end of the season and Jerry is going to let him walk.
#3 All the players know this and are getting paid, so why should they care now?

irving

Reaction score
They care about winning, but I don't think they have the hunger to win Championships like the people who made up the 90's team. There is a difference about wanting to win, and having everyone in the room believe they are going to win championships and work hard for it.
You simply can't compare the 90's teams to teams of today, those teams had some of the best players to ever wear a cowboy uniform, as well as having far superior coaching. Also there was no free agency as we know it today. It goes back to the coaching, coaching along with ownership are the one constant, and the ownership isn't going anywhere.

kwcool619

Reaction score

Discipline is sorely needed. Plus having a vision and concrete goals.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Legit. Does this team care about wins? Or just money? You look at true players who live for football: Luke Kuechly, Wagner, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. We have no one like that on our team. No one on this team actually cares. No one on this team actually pays that much attention to detail or their craft/position. No one on this team is dedicated. Seriously, everyone in this team is nonchalant about winning and losing. We come on this forum every day and complain, but deep down, so you really think they care about wins and losses? Do you really think they care and think about the same problems we do deep down? I see the things these players are doing. They are more interested in fashion, girls, smoking, partying, etc. there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s clear that the image of playing for the Cowboys is more precious and important to them than actually playing for the win. Like getting to the Super Bowl. Is it really that important to them? I know football is a business and at the end of the day they care about contracts, but you’d think players would care about their “dream” jobs a bit more. Am I the only one that notices this?
Is this a coaching problem or just a personel problem?
I think there’s a few players that really do:
Dak(you can tell it really bothers him)
Zack Martin
La’el Collins-the lightbulb really went on.
Witten(although he’s washed up)
Lawrence -he’s had a down season sack wise but his motor never stops.
Heath-yes I know he’s a liability but you can tell he goes all out with his limited ability.
Sean Lee-he tries so hard even at his age. He’s limited at this point.

I find the WR and CB groups to be disturbing. When you watch the “sounds from the sideline” every week the WR’s are just horsing around talking about putting up fantasy stats etc. I just wish they showed a little more maturity. They’ve balled for the most part this year but I don’t like the mentality.

the CB’s are just a soft group minus Lewis. They’re just a bunch of “nice guys”. We need an Alpha in that group. Someone with some Nastiness in them.