CZ POLL Do you want Cooper Rush or Will Grier to start this Sunday?

Do you want Cooper Rush or Will Grier to start this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
Gonna go with Rush since he got all the first team snaps in practice. I'd like to see Grier, think he has a better arm, but the only way we see him is if Rush gets hurt.

Trust me, we'll see both. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Wildcat with Micah always haha...he would probably put himself at every position if he could like in Madden. But kidding aside (or not) let's give Coop another RUSH. I bet we put up more than 3 points at least.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
What did we see Dak doing before he took over for Romo? Nothing but playing preseason games. And then what happened. Not saying lightning will strike twice but sometimes all is needed is an opportunity. Imagine what the experts will say if he performs well...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They don't have the guts to start Will Grier.

They know that the little shred of confidence Dak still has would be gone by the end of the 1st series.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I purposely do not provide easy-way-out options :D

The only two choices are the two quarterbacks on the team right now.

If the Cowboys sign someone or the poll question is something different, then there will be other options.

And unfortunately Jerry didn't prepare for an easy way out of this predicament.

But because of the length of time Cooper rush has been with the team he probably has a better grasp on the offense and and chemistry with the players.

But that's not to say that Will Grier couldn't provide a spark similar to what DAk did when Romo got hurt.

It's a roll of the dice as neither have a proven NFL pedigree

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Grier.

This season is gone. Lets put in some work and find out about players. We already know about Rush.

kskboys

Reaction score
What makes Grier better at this point? College stats and draft position? He quickly worked his way off a team that’s been an absolute mess at QB. More talented than Rush? Maybe! but you still have to show you can produce at the NFL level, read defenses etc Rush has shown that.
Yes, but Rush has also shown that he does not have an NFL arm. Rush is Ken Dorsey. Same guy.

Define better. Does better mean more talented? Does it mean better right now? Rush might be a better QB right now, yes. However, Grier has the arm talent to play NFL QB. Can he? Man, impossible to know at this point. He was fairly highly regarded coming in. CAR is a mess, but Grier quite simply got caught up in a numbers game at CAR. W/ Darnold as the starter and PJ Walker entrenched as the coaches fav backup, the Panthers took Corral in the 22 draft, leaving Grier in the cold. Grier was never given a chance to develop at CAR. Can he develop? That is the question, but he won't develop if he doesn't play. He comes from the WV O, which if I'm not mistaken is rather gimmicky, which means he'll have a pretty big learning curve.

College stats and draft position are irrelevant.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, I know many fans want someone else, but for this poll, let's focus on the here and now.
how about Rush starts and gets most of the snaps, you sprinkle in a MORE mobile qb the way SF and other have done..Grier can at least move with the pocket and not be an easy target should Cincis D not allow a clean pocket for a pocket passer.

why not both ..we need to use every available idea and play to scrape up wins ugly or not you cannot just leave plays on the table .. should be all hands-on deck,
heck how's pollards throwing arm? can he play wildcat? use his speed with Turpin for some sweeps and option plays?

this keeps going back to moore. teams have used this strategy when they are shorthanded many times.. have packages to help create offense..

Status
Not open for further replies.