CZ POLL Do you want Cooper Rush or Will Grier to start this Sunday?

Do you want Cooper Rush or Will Grier to start this Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Whatever gives us the best chance for us losing our remaining games. This team needs to be blown up, Jerry humiliated and using our #1 pick on a franchise QB.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I have no confidence in any of them.

Jerry waived both of these guys knowing that nobody in the league would claim them so that he could stash them on the PS.

Tells me everything I need to know.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes, but Rush has also shown that he does not have an NFL arm. Rush is Ken Dorsey. Same guy.

Define better. Does better mean more talented? Does it mean better right now? Rush might be a better QB right now, yes. However, Grier has the arm talent to play NFL QB. Can he? Man, impossible to know at this point. He was fairly highly regarded coming in. CAR is a mess, but Grier quite simply got caught up in a numbers game at CAR. W/ Darnold as the starter and PJ Walker entrenched as the coaches fav backup, the Panthers took Corral in the 22 draft, leaving Grier in the cold. Grier was never given a chance to develop at CAR. Can he develop? That is the question, but he won't develop if he doesn't play. He comes from the WV O, which if I'm not mistaken is rather gimmicky, which means he'll have a pretty big learning curve.

College stats and draft position are irrelevant.

Can he develop? I think he probably could.. elsewhere. I see a team in trouble and a coaching staff that might not be here much longer. Maybe he can get us that higher pick? Do I wish he can step in and make some noise? ... you bet! I don't see the coaching that will wrap a gameplan around that skill set. Seems like too much to ask. If he's a gimmicky gunslinger with WRs who aren't getting separation and a OC who runs only on a whim? Defenses will be gunning.

Cooper is 'familiar', maybe 'better' wasn't the correct term I was shooting for. Speaking only on a one game Cincinnati Bengal situation, I believe that familiarity gives him the edge. We'll see how that goes and how they handle it and adjust to that outcome heading into week 3 and beyond. Grier could certainly get that shot.

Toro9

Reaction score
I wanna see what we have in Grier. He looks like a college QB but I like his athleticism.

CoachD

Reaction score
Personally neither. I would much rather have DiNucci. He's younger, much more athletic, and has a very strong arm and quick release. Not only that this is his third year so he has to know most if not all of the offense by now you would think. It's really a shame that they couldn't develop him but that just goes to show you how inept the Cowboys coaching staff is.

erod

Reaction score
Grier looked scared and clueless. I wanted him sthe backup until I saw him play.

With the starters and a full game, Rush can do fine. They'll have to win with defense as we know.

Praxit

Reaction score
..for better than transcendent reason, Greir presents more poise then Rush. He gives off a attitude vibe. Rush has more the Romo outlook. Ok, lets go get em.

Status
Not open for further replies.