CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score
One year to replace Dak? You mean roll the dice on some rookie QB. Crap shoot. Why not just sign Dak? He is about to enter his prime and has arguably one of the better 4 years starts to a career a young QB could hope for. Coming off a career year. Garrett is gone.

The FO doesn't agree.......at least not for the reported 35-40 million range. The defense and ST arent ready to win right now anyway so why waste 2 years of his bloated contract. We are on a 3 year plan

Flamma

Reaction score
Well...………...Even with Dak as a rookie and Garrett as a HC we went 13-3 and made the playoffs. That was pretty impressive. Now I am not saying it was all Dak either. But what it showed me is that if you put the right team around Dak, even at a young age, he can take you. And now he is coming of age and getting better. New coach now without Garrett.

So will he ever be Mahomes? No chance. Will he need a better team around him to win it than a guy like Mahomes? Certainly.

Hey look, I agree with you here. All of it. But isn't that the case with a lot of QBs? Remember, we haven't really been paying the position the last 4 years. Paying it is going to make it harder. If they give Dak a contract they are banking on this new coaching staff being way better than the last. No other way to look at it IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The FO doesn't agree.......at least not for the reported 35-40 million range. The defense and ST arent ready to win right now anyway so why waste 2 years of his bloated contract. We are on a 3 year plan

Its not bloated. Its the going rate. Jones knows it, he is just trying to get as much of a discount as he can.

The front office is paying Dak. AGAIN...……….its not the price, its the number of years that is the issue.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey look, I agree with you here. All of it. But isn't that the case with a lot of QBs? Remember, we haven't really been paying the position the last 4 years. Paying it is going to make it harder. If they give Dak a contract they are banking on this new coaching staff being way better than the last. No other way to look at it IMO.

I'm just not with the notion that having a franchise QB to pay is a bad thing. I think at least half the teams in the NFL are wishing they had to pony up 35 million. So paying and keeping a young franchise QB is harder then starting over and hoping that a rookie becomes Dak? That doesn't make sense to me.

As far as the coaching staff, I don't see how they can be any worse.

I just look at it as team building. Forget about the QB for a minute. You need to build a championship squad. So to me that means a great defense. AGain, unless you have a Mahomes, you are going to need a well rounded team with defense. And think of it this way...………..you aren't beating Mahomes in the playoffs without a good defense.

Dak, like a handful of other QB's are good enough to win it. People focus waaaay too much on the QB. You need a good one, but unless you have the other parts of the team and coaching, it doesn't matter anyway.

Like with Romo and now with Dak its the same problem.

-Coaching
-Defense

Coaching seems to be solved. But if Jerry cant put a squad together that includes a great defense, none of this QB stuff matters. But at least now they have tons of cap space. The time to win is now and in the next few years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why would we depend on Cooper when we can tag Dakota, draft, and exercise FA to get replacement?

Gives us a full year to get someone else. What’s the Rush? ( pun intended)

The problems with the Cowboys are well known and obvious.

-Coaching
-Defense

Garrett got fired………..hint hint.

Jones has also declared that defense is the priority.

Dak Prescott not being Mahomes is NOT a legitimate problem.

jjktkk

Reaction score
One year to replace Dak? You mean roll the dice on some rookie QB. Crap shoot. Why not just sign Dak? He is about to enter his prime and has arguably one of the better 4 years starts to a career a young QB could hope for. Coming off a career year. Garrett is gone.
What if Garrett was not the problem? Let Dak play on the tag this year and see what McCarthy and his staff can do with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What if Garrett was not the problem? Let Dak play on the tag this year and see what McCarthy and his staff can do with Dak.

"The Problem"?

Garrett was part of the coaching problem. As was Marinelli. There are other problems.

Dak is going to play regardless whether it is on the tag or on a new contract. I am not as concerned about what they can do with Dak as what they can do with the other parts of the team. I have no doubts that McCarthy will be better overall in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.