CZ POLL Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

Do you want Dak back with the latest reported contract offer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qcard

Reaction score
Forgot...MS ST. fan? That’s another way to explain your stance on Dak.
Nope. Never was a MS State fan but I was shocked when they peaked at No.1 out of the SEC....shocker Dak was the current starter at that time....

shabazz

Reaction score
Hey Dak Hater's....the cliff is straight ahead past 31 other teams...if you can't choose any of the teams...feel free to jump!

After this tagged season with the Cowboys , which of those 31 teams is Dak gonna sign with. I’m going with him!

shabazz

Reaction score
It does not matter what another team would pay for Dak. Dak is poker player playing the hand he has been dealt, which is a damn good hand. Watch this end with Jerry folding and Dak winning a huge pot.

I'm a poker player so I apologize to those that don't get the analogy.

Sometimes poker players overplay their hand.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tag him and try to trade him. It's getting ridiculous. Dak's demands will affect our draft and free agency strategy. And not for the better.

You could pick up all the FA's and draft whomever you want. You arent winning diddly with Cooper Rush at QB.

shabazz

Reaction score
You could pick up all the FA's and draft whomever you want. You arent winning diddly with Cooper Rush at QB.

Why would we depend on Cooper when we can tag Dakota, draft, and exercise FA to get replacement?

Gives us a full year to get someone else. What’s the Rush? ( pun intended)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why would we depend on Cooper when we can tag Dakota, draft, and exercise FA to get replacement?

At this point we dont need a replacement. But I would not be opposed to picking up a talented young QB depending on how things continue to go.

Drafting someone is a crap shoot. FA? You are going to have to pay big money anyway.

Best option from every angle is Dak and use our draft and FA to complete the team.

Although I fully understand there are fans in the dark about that.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I believe the Dakster has topped out. With what he's had around him these past 4 years shows why he was a 4th rd pick!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sometimes poker players overplay their hand.
That's right, you got to know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money while you're sitting at the table. There will be time enough for counting when the dealing is done.

Flamma

Reaction score

That's the thing that most people that support Dak don't understand about those that don't. We don't think we're winning diddly with Dak, so why pay the position? I'd much rather just go with a rookie contract.

Keep in mind that this opinion is based on what I've seen with Garrett as head coach. For all I know things could be vastly different.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's the thing that most people that support Dak don't understand about those that don't. We don't think we're winning diddly with Dak, so why pay the position? I'd much rather just go with a rookie contract.

Keep in mind that this opinion is based on what I've seen with Garrett as head coach. For all I know things could be vastly different.

Yah, not sure how you Dak cant do it guys come to that conclusion. Although I fully understand the Mahomes/Brady syndrome.

And especially considering that Garrett has been our HC the last 4 years.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yah, not sure how you Dak cant do it guys come to that conclusion. Although I fully understand the Mahomes/Brady syndrome.

And especially considering that Garrett has been our HC the last 4 years.

You're right about the last part. But what else can I use to judge? As far as the other, there is a huge difference between paying the position and a rookie contract. I'd just also like a huge difference in performance, not just pay the guy because he put in the time.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Hey Dak Hater's....the cliff is straight ahead past 31 other teams...if you can't choose any of the teams...feel free to jump!

Troy, like a lot of former and current NFL players, want players to receive a max contract. I was actually shocked when Emmitt came out and suggested Dak take a discount.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're right about the last part. But what else can I use to judge? As far as the other, there is a huge difference between paying the position and a rookie contract. I'd just also like a huge difference in performance, not just pay the guy because he put in the time.

Well...………...Even with Dak as a rookie and Garrett as a HC we went 13-3 and made the playoffs. That was pretty impressive. Now I am not saying it was all Dak either. But what it showed me is that if you put the right team around Dak, even at a young age, he can take you. And now he is coming of age and getting better. New coach now without Garrett.

So will he ever be Mahomes? No chance. Will he need a better team around him to win it than a guy like Mahomes? Certainly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

One year to replace Dak? You mean roll the dice on some rookie QB. Crap shoot. Why not just sign Dak? He is about to enter his prime and has arguably one of the better 4 years starts to a career a young QB could hope for. Coming off a career year. Garrett is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.