CZ POLL Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
..its a tough one. I'll say keep him, get him a descent OL. He's not old by any chance.

6th season in the NFL next year.

He's around 1600 NFL touches. 600 college touches at Ohio State. A power back. Take a lot of hits, you get ground down. He looks ground down. Now has a hammy problem.

Power RBs often just don't last that long. Alfred Morris. Earl Campbell. Demarco Murray. Eddie George.

Lots of talk about Derrick Henry, but he's 440 touches behind Zeke. Let's see what he looks like in a season and a half.

Power RBs don't last long.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’d rather overpay a player than blow up the cap for a player who isn’t on the roster. I just want him to become an efficient player like he was as a rookie, but I think that ship has sailed.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Unbelievable!

You see how much Dak's injury hurt the team and showed everyone who truly carries the team, but yet here you are saying Dak is not worth getting paid? Yet, everyone else that has gotten paid has not truly lived up to their paychecks, have they?

You're barking up the wrong tree homie. Dak deserves to get paid. Not $40 million but somewhere in the low $30s. It's the rest who have gotten paid whom you should question.

You believe this team would be better off paying an Andy Dalton around $20+ million...or drafting a rookie QB in the 1st or 2nd round? :muttley::facepalm: Think again.

You assume Dak would have had a top rating (without garbage time) and 9-4.
:laugh:
Dak is pedestrian. He's a bus driver at best. :muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You assume Dak would have had a top rating (without garbage time) and 9-4.
:laugh:
Dak is pedestrian. He's a bus driver at best. :muttley:
You are delusional, just like your comments. Hope you're ready when Jerry gives Dak a longterm contract this upcoming offseason. We'll see who will be laughing then.

Nav22

Reaction score
I’m not surprised by the results of an internet poll very often, but I’m very surprised that 65% want this clown back.

Is there a caveat attached in which Zeke accepts a pay cut down to the vet minimum?

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
HELL YEAH!!!!! Why would you not? Only complete idiots would say no!!!
He's expensive, he fumbles frequently and he trips over thin air. He doesn't rack up yards like he used to and he is no longer an important part of our passing game. Add to that that he is someone that makes questionable decisions in his life outside of football too. is that enough reasons?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Unbelievable!

You see how much Dak's injury hurt the team and showed everyone who truly carries the team, but yet here you are saying Dak is not worth getting paid? Yet, everyone else that has gotten paid has not truly lived up to their paychecks, have they?

You're barking up the wrong tree homie. Dak deserves to get paid. Not $40 million but somewhere in the low $30s. It's the rest who have gotten paid whom you should question.

You believe this team would be better off paying an Andy Dalton around $20+ million...or drafting a rookie QB in the 1st or 2nd round? :muttley::facepalm: Think again.
He was offered in mid $30 and turned it down

ItzKelz

Reaction score
At a reduced price I would love to have Zeke back. Actually regardless I would like Zeke back. While I do not think he has stepped up for us this season; I'm not about letting good players just walk.

And regardless of his paycheck hopefully we split carries and snaps between Zeke and Tony next season.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
At a reduced price I would love to have Zeke back. Actually regardless I would like Zeke back. While I do not think he has stepped up for us this season; I'm not about letting good players just walk.

And regardless of his paycheck hopefully we split carries and snaps between Zeke and Tony next season.
I still don’t understand why the coaches don’t design plays for both to be in game at same time.

Cmac

Reaction score
Why not start a thread for "We want McCaffery".....then we just might see poor OL play and poor scheme get its fair assessment, once & for all.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not that easy. I vote yes, I want him back because frankly, given his cap hit and dead money, it makes no sense to not bring him back. Now if we could cut him and save a crap ton on the cap, then I'd probably say no, I don't want him back.

His cap hit is nearly $14 million next year. That's absurd for a TB IMO. But if you cut him, there's an additional $10 million in dead money you have to take. With those numbers, it makes no sense to not have him on the roster. Now if his cap hit was $14 million next year but we could save say $11 million on the cap? I'd cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.