CZ POLL Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

quickccc

Reaction score
Absolutely. Not only am I polling for his return, I don't think it' a question of him not returning next year in 2021.

-But the biggest key is getting a plan to regaining zeke's speed and burst,.. his explosiveness was the leading reason why he was drafted so high at No.4 overall.
Along with a Cowboys staff that absolutely has to recognize why he no longer has his burst, ..and being able to address it accordingly in the offseason.
I've long given my theory on how/why Zeke no longer has elite burst.

- I really believe his confidence and focus is really down and waning from the heavy criticism among media and fan and team losing.
That's why I think he's having the excessive fumbling problems and missing more blitz blocks than he has before.

- If Cowboys believe the beating and pounding has taken his wear toll on his body,.... then I believe its the beginning of the end.
I can't recall once elite, but now beat up backs ever regaining their previous form.

- And it various how teams decide to use their backs in junction with lead feature/backup complimentary backs.. ala Chubb, Hunt

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
cap hit large. wait a year.
while i said "no" - i also realize he's here due to that very reason. otherwise you just get a minimum wage guy to offset and there really isn't a point *unless* you want to drop attitudes and the like. no idea if zeke is bad at that or not - just listing a reason why you may do that; team attitude reset.

the real question is - how close is this team to winning? from what i read and gather (certainly not seen), the defense needs an enema in the worst of ways. coaching, players and chosen people from all walks of the NFL. given our defense is years away, the base answer to that question is - not very close.

what does the offense need? for the most part, retooling on the OL and a better defense. age, retirements and injuries have killed a top OL and like it or not, it's where we are. what will we have when we come back next year with Dak perhaps?

a lot of questions with no idea if we can answer them. Defense? dunno. Head Coach? not a good intro year, no. RB? he seems to be wearing the HATE ME NOW tag that fans must assign to players sooner or later.

so again - i don't see the cowboys as a true NFL contender for 3+ years even if everything falls right; and for this team is simply doesn't do that anymore.

now - if you're still with me here the biggest question is - do you spend that type of $$$ for a QB when that simply won't change the 3 years away timeline?

to me this team simply needs a complete reset but i don't see that in play. people usually just keep trying to build around what they keep doing in hopes things will come together vs. end this round of NFL Jenga.

all that said, if we are doing an attitude reset, i can see zeke going along with dak. amari? who knows. game of $$$ to reinvest at this point. we have 2 young star receivers that will want their payday. i build around them and find them a young qb. coaching? we can't keep resetting coaching but if done this would be the time as you shell and start over.

but i see more staying the course, paying dak, and thinking we won't NFL Jenga again. and again. and again.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m not surprised by the results of an internet poll very often, but I’m very surprised that 65% want this clown back.

I think this poll has some yes votes realizing the implications of him not being here contractual wise. I bet if they reworded the poll to state if there was no penalty to release him the % would be much different. I voted yes but if there were no cap implications i would vote no.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes but McCarthy needs to kick him in the *** and tell him to do nothing but train in the offseason. I think a lot of his issues stem from a sub-standard training routine for a RB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
1 more year because of the cap.

If not for the cap then I don't care either way really.

I'd rather have a cheap RB.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I guess so, but I’m still not a fan of signing RB’s to big money contracts like we did. I’d rather invest it in a good offensive line.

This. RB's are only as good as the line in front of them.

Personally, I think running backs are highly overrated, and that with a good OL, Joe Bob from down the street can be a league leading rusher if he's in reasonable shape.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!

I voted yes because I'd like a reset. Only a few players get an automatic hook.

It's been such a dumpster fire....we get another shot see if we can right the ship Hopefully we stay healthy next year and pick up some solid defensive help.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess so, but I’m still not a fan of signing RB’s to big money contracts like we did. I’d rather invest it in a good offensive line.
like jay said...we're in it now....hard to back out until at least after next year.Why waste time and resource lamenting?

Let's fix what we can. Fix the defense, the o-line and Dak stays healthy....zeke will be fine.

jnday

Reaction score
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!
At his present costs, no.

kskboys

Reaction score
This. RB's are only as good as the line in front of them.

Personally, I think running backs are highly overrated, and that with a good OL, Joe Bob from down the street can be a league leading rusher if he's in reasonable shape.
Yeah, that's why Emmit's backups always rushed for major yardage and tore it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I voted yes, but w/ the caveat that Z comes in in shape, stops fumbling, and doesn't have any attitude issues. I don't know what's in his head at this point.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Would have never caved to his contract demands, would have made him play out his contract or he can sit out, franchised him for one year and would have moved on from him after....I think it was ridiculous to waste a top ten pick on a running back in todays NFL and then giving him a huge long term deal... The Giants are now entering the same situation and are probably going to either franchise Barkley for a year or let him walk..

jjktkk

Reaction score
Because of the years, not the amount.

I bet Dak won't turn it down a second time around, especially after his recent lower leg injury.
Given Dak's ankle injury, turning down that contract last year might cost Dak some $$$ this upcoming year. I see Jerry slapping another franchise tag on Dak because of that injury.

Einstein

Reaction score
Question, and if this needs to go to the covid section, please move it, but how many players that have tested positive are playing at as high of a level as they did prior?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well they had the chance to keep him at his draft salary but opted instead to pay him big money without needing too so they might as well see this contract through. He's not the worst back in the league it was just stupid business to give him a new contract with 2 years left on the original deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.