CZ POLL Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Reaction score
Why are people crying about a player’s money, when they earned it, they’re not going to your jobs stating you don’t deserve your pay?
It almost sounds as if you’ve never heard of a little thing called the salary cap. Some of us want whats best for the team, not an individual player and paying a RB that much money was a horrendous decision for the team.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why Emmit's backups always rushed for major yardage and tore it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emmitt’s may not have but zeke’s did and a “worn out” veteran RB averaged a respectable 4.6 ypc just the year before zeke’s rookie season behind the same O line.

A worn out vet averaged .5 less yards per carry than zeke did in his prime. A back up, Alfred Morris, averaged more ypc than zeke in 2017 when zeke was suspended.

Big_D

Reaction score
  • Ezekiel Elliott leads the NFL with 19 rush attempts inside the 5-yard line. He has gained 2 yards on those carries. LOL

Hadenough

Reaction score
I've always been on Zeke's side but not anymore. I don't know what's wrong with him he just doesn't see holes or bounce runs outside. He appears heavier and has less stamina. What puzzles me is some runs he just goes all out shows flashes of 2016 but it doesn't continue. I think he is worn down.

Big_D

Reaction score
I've always been on Zeke's side but not anymore. I don't know what's wrong with him he just doesn't see holes or bounce runs outside. He appears heavier and has less stamina. What puzzles me is some runs he just goes all out shows flashes of 2016 but it doesn't continue. I think he is worn down.

You never see him bounce to the outside!! It's crazy and people still actually want him here and think he's a top RB!! He can't get around the edge , he doesn't break long runs EVER.. Take the loss and move on. Know when to fold'em. Jerry never knows.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted yes, but w/ the caveat that Z comes in in shape, stops fumbling, and doesn't have any attitude issues. I don't know what's in his head at this point.

The other day...someone made mention or LBer's are having to shed O-linemen. That's how far they are penetrating our d-line.

I wonder if the same can be said for our o-line? How good....for real...has our o-line been?

If you listen to idio-...er I mean people....like Aria...zeke needs "big holes". I think he just needs a hole....but he's having to dodge D-line way up....can;t get steam.

That's in his head, I think.

Aven8

Reaction score
One more year. Eat Jaylon’s contract this year and Zeke’s in 2022.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I answered no, but his contract basically forces us to keep him around.

We need to start treating RB’s like oil changes. Zeke’s lack of explosion has been drastic. He simply can’t move like he used to.

Verdict

Reaction score
yes. His cap hit will prevent us from moving on from him. I am not opposed to moving on from ANY player if the right set of circumstances arose.

Creeper

Reaction score
If they franchise and trade Dak, I want to trade Zeke too. If they trade him before the middle of March, they don't have to pay his 2022 Salary. By trading him they are off the hook for his 2021 salary too. They have to eat some CAP money, about $15 million but they save about $9.6 million. Net cost to them is $5.4 million. It's a bold move, but if they franchise and trade Dak, they have the room to eat $5 million on Zeke.

But this is a bold move and Jerry is not going to do it, so Zeke will be a $13.7 million cap hit in 2021 and a $16.5 million cap hit in 2022. They can still trade him after 2021 and the net CAP impact will be less than $2 million. But they can cut him in 2023.

I like Zeke but not for the money.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!

I voted yes ONLY because with a smaller cap next year the Cowboys can't afford all the dead money that would be added if Elliott was released.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i really like zeke i voted no because there was not a vote in the middle. he is just a good running back not an elite runner that he was two years ago. he is past his prime. he just looks slow this year and has all year. i know that the oline is completely on injured reserve but even in the first three games he did not have that great burst when he had his chances. but i will still root for him to have a good game when he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.