CZ POLL Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Not a real option.

Zeke's 2021 salary is already guaranteed, but to get Zeke in 2021 we have to guarantee 12.4mil for 2022 this March.

Keeping Zeke means spending 12.4mil for the next 2 years.
Ugh! That's almost as bad as the Egals dilemma w/Wentzie.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Absof***in’ lutely. He will shock the world next year! I’m not responsible for the content in this reply...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
But what’s the dead money if we cut him now?
Who cares. That is money that hits the cap regardless. The question is do you want to add another 12 million of guaranteed Zeke money.

I say not just no but hell no.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Before you through Elliott under the bus or give him away to a contender, go see how many 1,000 yard seasons Tony Dorsett, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Barry Sanders had after their 5th season. Elliott is bigger than all of them and only slower than Dorsett and Sanders. The Pittsburgh Steelers would give you a no.1 pick and take them to a Super Bowl.

You are watching a player that is bummed out about his good friend get the short end of Jerry Dumbo GM Jones stick, running behind a OL missing 4 starters, Elliott is on pace for 1,000 yds, 50 rec., and doing this playing with a bad calf. Calf injuries heal.

I remember when the Saints traded Chuck Muncie to San Diego. It did not work out well for the Saints. Which is why I was always a Cowboys fan. But now the Cowboys have an owner just like John Mecom Jr., Owner, GM, and de facto HC. Now the Saints are the Cowboys and the Cowboys are the Saints.

Getting rid of Zeke Elliott will fall right in line with the Dumbo GM moves that has this team 4-9.

aria

Reaction score
Before you through Elliott under the bus or give him away to a contender, go see how many 1,000 yard seasons Tony Dorsett, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Barry Sanders had after their 5th season. Elliott is bigger than all of them and only slower than Dorsett and Sanders. The Pittsburgh Steelers would give you a no.1 pick and take them to a Super Bowl.

You are watching a player that is bummed out about his good friend get the short end of Jerry Dumbo GM Jones stick, running behind a OL missing 4 starters, Elliott is on pace for 1,000 yds, 50 rec., and doing this playing with a bad calf. Calf injuries heal.

I remember when the Saints traded Chuck Muncie to San Diego. It did not work out well for the Saints. Which is why I was always a Cowboys fan. But now the Cowboys have an owner just like John Mecom Jr., Owner, GM, and de facto HC. Now the Saints are the Cowboys and the Cowboys are the Saints.

Getting rid of Zeke Elliott will fall right in line with the Dumbo GM moves that has this team 4-9.
Bwahahahahahahaha...”bummed out about his good friend getting the short end of the stick”? There’s a brand new excuse folks! The 2nd highest paid RB in the league under performing because he’s mentally weak about his buddy not getting paid.

You do know there’s a pretty good chance his “good friend” would have been signed if he didn’t sit out with two years left on his contract until he was paid as the highest RB in the league, right?

This also isn’t the 70’s, or 80’s or 90’s and RB’s aren’t needed like they once were. Making a comparable to Dorsett or Smith or anyone from that era is irrelevant at this point.

Big_D

Reaction score

Are we really comparing Zeke to any of those guys? lol Emmitt had 7 seasons over 1000 after season 5. He also played in 10 playoff games by season 5 and 7 afterward Taking a toll of working through the playoffs. Something most of those guys did regularly. Thinking Elliott is just as good as any of them is pretty ridiculous at this point. No team in the league is trading for this contract. Conner can't stay healthy, but lets stop pretending like the Steelers are destitute at RB. They're heading towards the best record in football right now.. why the hell would they trade for this clown? Jerry's a dumbo GM for signing him in the first place.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
Who cares. That is money that hits the cap regardless. The question is do you want to add another 12 million of guaranteed Zeke money.

I say not just no but hell no.

I hate the contract but Pollard can’t carry a full workload. Would need to draft or sign another RB who won’t be nearly as good.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I hate the contract but Pollard can’t carry a full workload. Would need to draft or sign another RB who won’t be nearly as good.
What about Zeke's performance the last 3 years makes you positive his production can't be replaced in concert with Pollard and a day 2/3 pick? At a fraction of the cost? For the easiest position in football to fill?

ghst187

Reaction score
What about Zeke's performance the last 3 years makes you positive his production can't be replaced in concert with Pollard and a day 2/3 pick? At a fraction of the cost? For the easiest position in football to fill?

certainly might be possible but is a risk when we’ve already spent tons of money on zeke.
Everyone compares him to Henry but no one other than Tenn has a Henry either and they aren’t as easy to find as people think. Plus that’s another draft pick probably high or mid round on a RB that might be a more needed D player. Zeke is still a 1k yard rusher and I expect can get back to 1500 yards with the OL and Dak back. He’s def lost a step and def not worth his contract but I don’t think ditching him at this point is the right move.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not surprised by the results of an internet poll very often, but I’m very surprised that 65% want this clown back.

Is there a caveat attached in which Zeke accepts a pay cut down to the vet minimum?

Just goes to show how clueless this Cowboys fanbase really is. Not like it hasnt been said before. Cowboys fans are one of the most clueless and casual in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
certainly might be possible but is a risk when we’ve already spent tons of money on zeke.
Everyone compares him to Henry but no one other than Tenn has a Henry either and they aren’t as easy to find as people think. Plus that’s another draft pick probably high or mid round on a RB that might be a more needed D player. Zeke is still a 1k yard rusher and I expect can get back to 1500 yards with the OL and Dak back. He’s def lost a step and def not worth his contract but I don’t think ditching him at this point is the right move.

Of course you ditch him. You can get a day 2 RB or sign someone that can replace that kind of production. And within a years time that 15k salary slot can be used some place where it is sorely needed. This is no longer a run first offense. IN fact, its a pass first, big play, passing offense with Dak and the WR's. Zeke is actually the WRONG type of plodding back for this type of offense. And if you watch the team, its almost as if Moore is forced to get Zeke the ball with that salary which holds us back.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
People on here hate our starting QB, RB, WR1, what do you guys want? No one is good enough for you guys.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Get rid of em. If a RB from Memphis outperforms you every time he’s on the field at a lower pay, you should be done and OUT OF HERE. No exceptions. Many here act and sound like Jerry Jones. “Buttt buttt he’s a power back!!” “Buttt buttt the offensive line!” Save me the bull. He’s down treading fast.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are we really comparing Zeke to any of those guys? lol Emmitt had 7 seasons over 1000 after season 5. He also played in 10 playoff games by season 5 and 7 afterward Taking a toll of working through the playoffs. Something most of those guys did regularly. Thinking Elliott is just as good as any of them is pretty ridiculous at this point. No team in the league is trading for this contract. Conner can't stay healthy, but lets stop pretending like the Steelers are destitute at RB. They're heading towards the best record in football right now.. why the hell would they trade for this clown? Jerry's a dumbo GM for signing him in the first place.

emmitt smith had 7 seasons under 4YPC get it rights

1000 yards is nothing if it pure Volume, heck zeke nearly had 1k in 10 games 2017..ES was on hOF team trying to compare playoff appearances rb to rb is insane.. hOF TEAM , coaches, and a era they would run the RB 30 times EVERY game, zeke would have fit in perfectly.

right now EE is getting hated on because hes at 3.8 YPC well ES had 6 of them and one at 4.. only on over 5 just few at 4.5 to 4.7 hes slower then Zeke, less athletics, difference was the TEAM and his drive..he wanted that record regardless..

he would get lambasted by this fan base with that YPC averages he had..yes im not making it up, 7 seasons of his 13 under 4ypc..

sorry man haters lose this argument put zeke on those 90s team hes just as good..they are both bell cow volume backs that never seem injured enough to miss games..

emmitt held out twice to also be the highest paid back in the league and also had the same type of years with the low averages all the while have 100 times the team and coaches to play with..SMH good try

haters hate but facts clear chit up..

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dead cap if we cut him $24.5M
Dead cap if we trade him $14.9M

Even though those can be split over 2 years if post 6/1 I don't see any way we are better off without Zeke in 2021 especially since we would still need to add a RB to pair with Pollard. So anyone who says we are doesn't understand the cap. Now if like with Cooper, the question is about 2022, then it becomes a discussion. But for me unless something changes I keep Zeke for 2 more years and then part ways after 2022. At that point I suspect the $6.7M cap hit will be better than the $15M hit with him on the team. Regardless, there is no shot we are dumb enough to pay him those huge salaries in 2025 or 2026 when there would be no cap hit to let him go

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This is the one with the biggest split. I want Zeke back, in hopes that he will return to being good. I can understand those who don't though.

blueblood70

Reaction score

50% that half of emiits smiths glorious career were under 4YPC he would not survie this crowds smack tak and ES was on HOF team and had years just like zekes having only they had an identity and an OC that stuck to the run and it worked..our OC wants to turn us into Boise and go pass happy and its not working..not zekes fault..they run the ball like they have a FB around here and that also not on zeke. some of its bad defense playing from behind but the mindset of the OC is run like a FB 6 vanilla run plays and throw 40 times' a game..

this os horrible team this year and zekes sufferings for it but dont give me that crap about emmitt when half his career had YPC averages just like EE is having this year..HALF..

Status
Not open for further replies.