CZ POLL Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want Ezekiel Elliott on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry making stupid mistakes does get a good laugh out of people around the league. Resigning Dak will bury any chances of the Cowboys being a contender for the next several years. I am sure the fans of other NFCE teams will get a chuckle.
Wrong. Other NFCE teams are hoping Jerry let's Dak go. I guarantee each one of them would be running to try to sign Dak.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We'd have to cut him as a June 1 or eat a big loss. I'd just keep him one more year. Next year though. . .

Shane612

Reaction score
You assume Dak would have had a top rating (without garbage time) and 9-4.
:laugh:
Dak is pedestrian. He's a bus driver at best. :muttley:

C'mon, man.
He's better than a bus driver.
He's airplane pilot. What kind of an airplane, tho....is he a Top Gun or a Cessna pilot?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
III
I would agree with you , but it was reported that Zeke showed up at his weight from his rookie season this year. That kinda ruins the foundation of your posts. I don’t think he has the same ability at any weight that he had during the first couple years of his career.
Training Camp weight is possible.

But these guys are professional athletes and can add or shed at will like prize fighters.

He looks heavy to me now for sure.

Believe what you want. No prob.

Damn..must be my lying eyes again..huh?

:huh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Worst contract in Cowboys history. The guy stinks......fat....fumbles....can't catch. Slow....doesn't make anybody miss. Now you can add draft bust to his name. :cool:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This poll is one of several being created to show current fan opinions about Cowboys players returning for the 2021 season.

You can use whatever qualifiers you want in your posts, but the poll does not care about your qualifiers!

I'd have him for one more season if we can keep Dak.

aria

Reaction score
Maybe there’s something in his contract about doing something stupid, being arrested, charged with a crime, suspended, etc that would void his entire contract. That would be the best chance at getting out of this disaster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unbelievable!

You see how much Dak's injury hurt the team and showed everyone who truly carries the team, but yet here you are saying Dak is not worth getting paid? Yet, everyone else that has gotten paid has not truly lived up to their paychecks, have they?

You're barking up the wrong tree homie. Dak deserves to get paid. Not $40 million but somewhere in the low $30s. It's the rest who have gotten paid whom you should question.

You believe this team would be better off paying an Andy Dalton around $20+ million...or drafting a rookie QB in the 1st or 2nd round? :muttley::facepalm: Think again.
Dak will never sign for low 30’s. If we aren’t willing to cave in he will walk after next year assuming we tag him again which we should while drafting another QB to hedge our leverage and negotiations as I’m sure Jimmy was thinking and why he recommends to sign Dak and draft a QB.

That way you’re covered if Dak holds out for more. And who could blame him the way we treated him last year. That injury could have ended his career without a contract. Watson signed for 40. That’s the new bar and what top QB’s will be signing for. Low 30’s is over.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak will never sign for low 30’s. If we aren’t willing to cave in he will walk after next year assuming we tag him again which we should while drafting another QB to hedge our leverage and negotiations as I’m sure Jimmy was thinking and why he recommends to sign Dak and draft a QB.

That way you’re covered if Dak holds out for more. And who could blame him the way we treated him last year. That injury could have ended his career without a contract. Watson signed for 40. That’s the new bar and what top QB’s will be signing for. Low 30’s is over.
Dak had agreed at the last minute to $35 million/year but ran out of time to sign the contract this past summer. He and Stephen Jones shook hands and agreed to this price after this season is finished. I would be very surprised if Dak reneges on his handshake but instead starts demanding more per year, especially with his recent serious injury. If Dak does that, I say look into drafting another QB. I have a feeling Dak is not that stupid, so he will agree to working with Jerry & Stephen and remaining in Dallas for many years to come which would be most beneficial for everyone and financially lucrative for Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak had agreed at the last minute to $35 million/year but ran out of time to sign the contract this past summer. He and Stephen Jones shook hands and agreed to this price after this season is finished. I would be very surprised if Dak reneges on his handshake but instead starts demanding more per year, especially with his recent serious injury. If Dak does that, I say look into drafting another QB. I have a feeling Dak is not that stupid, so he will agree to working with Jerry & Stephen and remaining in Dallas for many years to come which would be most beneficial for everyone and financially lucrative for Dak.
Do you have a link supporting this claim Dak agreed to 35 million?

I found this but it doesn’t support your claim. Only that we stepped up and offered 35. ??

https://itsgame7.com/dallas-cowboys...tt’s representatives had resumed negotiations.

kskboys

Reaction score
Worst contract in Cowboys history. The guy stinks......fat....fumbles....can't catch. Slow....doesn't make anybody miss. Now you can add draft bust to his name. :cool:
Not even close. Two guys on the team right now have worse ones.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you have a link supporting this claim Dak agreed to 35 million?

I found this but it doesn’t support your claim. Only that we stepped up and offered 35. ??

https://itsgame7.com/dallas-cowboys-offering-dak-prescott-35-million-per-year/#:~:text=The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly offering Dak Prescott,that Dallas and Prescott’s representatives had resumed negotiations.
I heard or read it somewhere when the contract deadline was appearing. Can't remember where. Likely was a Cowboys show or frequent coverage reporter. I wouldn't make it up unless I heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.