Do you want Jason Garrett fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Firing him right now serves no purpose, unless you want someone on the current staff to the be the head coach next season.

I don't, so let him finish this season - we're not winning anything anyway - then clean house this offseason.

My biggest concern? Jerry Jones is still the house cleaner.

links18

Reaction score
Why was he even given the job.

In Pacino's bad Cuban accent from Scarface - I never liked that piece of chit - for all I know he had Uncle Wade fired...

Jerry was always going to make him head coach eventually. He loves him like a son.

kmp77

Reaction score
Yes.

-Circa Dec. 29, 2013

I would love to revisit the conversations from this board when Garett was named head coach. There was a lot of support and some rediculous things said about him in support. Those comments definitely didn't age well.

Skillit

Reaction score
I was on the ‘fire him’ train after the 2nd season of him calling the plays. The sheer predictably and pass pass pass -run Marion Barber a few times, pass pass pass. Don’t get me started on the clock mismanagement. But for the most part- that improved.

Then they started drafting linemen and looking for balance and I was on the train. He went to the playoffs and I was like, ok- you can’t build a culture by firing a coach every three years, so let’s see.

There have been ups and downs, but it seems every time his back was up against the wall, his players bailed him out. Even during some bad stretches, it never seemed like the players quit on him.

On can’t speak to the players effort, but this team has deep playoff talent. Even if you think Dak is a bus driver, the team is still as complete a unit as there is in the nfl......ok, maybe we don’t have a kicker.

But I’m done now. He’s had his run. I think we’ve seen all he has to offer and it’s not enough.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dallas is a car wreck. The gift that just keeps on gifting every season:facepalm:
giphy.gif

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Yes! I'm so tired of the camera zooming in on Jason as he tries to use his telepathy or telekinesis to change the outcome of a gameo_O

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I want it now and not because of the notion it will help or even hurt the team’s chances this year but enough is enough. I’d like to hope that his firing will demonstrate to everyone associated with the Cowboys that the team is underperforming and coaches as well as players will be held accountable.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can see both sides to now or at seasons end but I want it done tomorrow. The last thing this team needs is to back into the playoffs and maybe accidentally win the WC round. That could possibly save Garrett’s job through the eyes of Jerry.

I like to gamble but not in this case, send Jason on his way tomorrow!

Fire407

Reaction score
If we were in the NFC West or North he would be gone right now--maybe even last week. He is so fortunate to be coaching in the NFC East where everybody sucks.

nobody

Reaction score
My choice isn't there, so I choice fire him after the season is over. It's obvious that winning this season isn't important to him. The Cowboys are screwed this season either way....so I want him fired a week before the last game of the regular season...That way he still gets a "Fired" in his history. Firing him sooner will get us an in-house interim coach that might screw up Jerry's thinking come time to find a real HC.

Keeping him until the end of the season and not renewing him just doesn't hold the same weight as a firing..... so...fire him a week before game 16. Garrett's ego has hurt the team and fans for too long....a little payback is in order.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Only you (OP) and Jerry believe there's a chance that this team with this coach could make it to the SB.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only you (OP) and Jerry believe there's a chance that this team with this coach could make it to the SB.
I never said they would or they wouldn't. I don't even typically vote in the polls I create to avoid influencing or impacting anyone's decision.

As for the poll options, I try to be fair and provide options for all major viewpoints rather than take a narrow-minded approach and push an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.