CZ POLL Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dak should remain the starter, but if he struggles vs the Bucs, then we need to make the move to Romo.
I cant believe most of you are ok with letting our beat season in 20 years go to waste by continuing to start a stuggling rookie QB :facepalm:
he got us here, let him finish.

i can't believe we luck into a franchise qb and people want to ditch it all for the potential of "instant gratification" of which may not happen.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm a Romo fan. Love the guy. With that said, you can't pull Dak now. Let the guy at least try to bounce back. He deserves that. Teams have bad games! It's what happens from time to time in the NFL. You live and you learn. Did people REALLY expect a rookie QB to go 15-1??

Bring on the Bucs!!!!!!!

How many expected Dak to even go 4-1? Dak is the future. He needs to remain the starter. Does anyone HONESTLY think Romo would be 11-2 right now? We all appreciate what he has done for this organization, but his time as the face of this team is done. Accept that and move on.....

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Best season in 20 years, and how many of those previous 20 were with Romo at the helm? Suddenly he's the missing link now that the kid who replaced him lost his first game in 12 tries? :facepalm:
YEs, good comparison as if Romo has ever had a team this good and the NFC has been this weak :facepalm:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sure, they often say he looks good when he does look good. I also hear when he looks rusty though or looks like he's hurting.
I've never heard the positives like this year. Way more than going into 2014, for example.
Never.
And all off season too.
Of of course, then he proceeded to get hurt.

I remember when Romo said he added new wrinkles to his game, though we never found out what those were.

I've heard he's throwing with more zip. I've heard how he has learned from his mistakes and how he's more focused on ball security.

Again, I've heard it before. He has had almost 10 years to get "better" and now when Dak has the team at 11-2, we're supposed to believe a Tony Romo who's been injured three times in two years and hasn't faced a pass rush is supposed to be ready because he's slinging balls sharp in practice?

I'm sorry, but I'm not confident he an take the hits. Throwing in practice is one thing; throwing them when you're about to get hit is another.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
he got us here, let him finish.

i can't believe we luck into a franchise qb and people want to ditch it all for the potential of "instant gratification" of which may not happen.
I dont give a dam if he got us here or not. You want to throw away a season bc you dont want to hurt Daks feelings, get real :facepalm:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I remember when Romo said he added new wrinkles to his game, though we never found out what those were.

I've heard he's throwing with more zip. I've heard how he has learned from his mistakes and how he's more focused on ball security.

Again, I've heard it before. He has had almost 10 years to get "better" and now when Dak has the team at 11-2, we're supposed to believe a Tony Romo who's been injured three times in two years and hasn't faced a pass rush is supposed to be ready because he's slinging balls sharp in practice?

I'm sorry, but I'm not confident he an take the hits. Throwing in practice is one thing; throwing them when you're about to get hit is another.
You don't think Romo added new wrinkles to his game?
Every single year he seemed to add a few small things.

I sure won't bash Dak though. It's always a learning process. I bet Brady is still learning.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I dont give a dam if he got us here or not. You want to throw away a season bc you dont want to hurt Daks feelings, get real :facepalm:
heh - no. i just don't see how we can ditch our future QB after a rough game or two.

my motives are not quite that simple but if easier for you to think that way, have fun.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Players get drug off the field on carts all the time.

Sean Lee was ALWAYS injured...and he hasnt had an injury in 2 years now.

Theres ZERO way to predict future injures on past injuries. They dont correlate.

They do when age is involved. Sean Lee is 30. Romo is 36.
Sean Lee administers hits; Romo takes them.
It is scientific fact that as one ages, one's healing abilities are as strong as when they are young.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
heh - no. i just don't see how we can ditch our future QB after a rough game or two.

my motives are not quite that simple but if easier for you to think that way, have fun.
If youre concern is about the future then yes, stay with Dak. I agree 100% with that.

If you want to win this year AND Dak keeps playing like he has, then Romo needs to come back in. There is no doubt in my mind that a "rusty" Romo couldve done better than that pathetic display last night.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish the forum had a few acknowledged members who were physicians, particularly orthopedic physicians. The conversation needs more informed opinion than the usual "Romo is so fragile Rowdy glanced at him and Romo crumbled to dust."

DFWJC

Reaction score
Like what?
Come on , my martial arts compadre ......really?

His release point is night and day from what it was.
His pre-snap reads are light years better.
His back shoulder throws are way better
His footwork is much better
His hip torgue>>>
I could go on and on...
Come on!

The guy is ALWAYS working on something. Everyone that knows him says he's obsessive with trying to perfect his craft.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
They do when age is involved. Sean Lee is 30. Romo is 36.
Sean Lee administers hits; Romo takes them.
It is scientific fact that as one ages, one's healing abilities are as strong as when they are young.

36 is young lol. You act like hes 76.

Tom Brady is like 40 with a history of knee issues. I guess everyone should gnash their teeth every time he takes a snap.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
If youre concern is about the future then yes, stay with Dak. I agree 100% with that.

If you want to win this year AND Dak keeps playing like he has, then Romo needs to come back in. There is no doubt in my mind that a "rusty" Romo couldve done better than that pathetic display last night.
i have every doubt he could've done better. we've not seen romo play consistently in (2) years and we want to believe and think that he will pop off the bench and be everything we remember him to be, minus all the bad stuff.

we gave the starting role to dak and we see this decision to the end. to me.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Let Tony hand the ball off to Zeke and throw the ball to Dez and see if he can do it. I think he can. He's been here for 14 years, so the team can adjust to having him back on the field. If he can stay healthy and win us a Super Bowl, his trade value will be sky high. Win, win.

eta: I know this isn't going to happen this week.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Romo has the higher ceiling than Dak when the run game isn't working (like in the 2nd half). Romo has just a low a floor compared to Dak. But if our goal is to win a super bowl, I think we should go with Romo.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Ive been supporting Dak keep his job, but if this offense doesnt straighten out then we could be looking at losses to the Bucs and Lions, theyd have to consider Romo. Theyd be dumb not to

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sigh... Again.. No

I look forward to seeing Romo start elsewhere next year.

rynochop

Reaction score
Daks been very lucky on ints, that eagle game should have been over on the last drive if the the db knew how to catch a football thrown right to him, in that last drive. All the over throws and behind throws are going to catch up to him, not to mention the just unlucky Ints.
I'm not saying bench Dak, but Tony needs a lot of the starting reps in practice

Status
Not open for further replies.