CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract? **merged**

Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksadler1

Reaction score
you can’t beat teams above .500 with bad coaching, week in and week out jason gets outcoached. While dak hasn’t play good every single game he doesn’t have to and shouldn’t have to. Everyone in the NFL has a bad game, he’s outplaying tom brady this year but the difference is bill billicheck vs jason garett. If the cowboys had an intelligent coaching staff they would be at least 9-3, we wouldn’t be having this conversation , and dak would be in the running for MVP

I can't argue with you there. I agree 100% that all QBs have some bad games every year. Look at Wonder Boy Rodgers last game. I would just like to see Dak play a whole year with a good coaching staff (both O and D) before we pass on a good QB in the draft.

I know you might not believe it, but l'm a Dak fan and do believe he can be our franchise QB. I will say that l'm concerned about the talent we're going to lose on this team after handing huge payouts to DLaw, Zeke, Cooper and Dak. Jerry cannot make the same mistake he made with Garrett. Enough puppets already...

triplets_93

Reaction score
Great QBs and other players step up in important games. When is the important game for Dak... Philly??

DakIsTheTruth4

Reaction score
Goff was absolutely mediocre to END THE SEASON, exactly like I stated. Their offense was completely struggling. It’s clear who wasn’t watching. The Rams went to the Sb on the strength of their defensive play.

RG3 also has a ‘record setting’ first year. And after Dak’s ‘record setting’ year when Zeke was averaging over 1000 yards after the first hit and over five yards per carry on first down, Dak looked like utter trash, especially when Zeke was suspense six games, Cooper wasn’t here and didn’t have pristine blocking.

so nah..
Your stance is laughable. Seems you don’t recall RGIII blowing out his knee either. Not worth my time.

DakIsTheTruth4

Reaction score
I can't argue with you there. I agree 100% that all QBs have some bad games every year. Look at Wonder Boy Rodgers last game. I would just like to see Dak play a whole year with a good coaching staff (both O and D) before we pass on a good QB in the draft.

I know you might not believe it, but l'm a Dak fan and do believe he can be our franchise QB. I will say that l'm concerned about the talent we're going to lose on this team after handing huge payouts to DLaw, Zeke, Cooper and Dak. Jerry cannot make the same mistake he made with Garrett. Enough puppets already...
I understand the doubts. I really do. We can’t pay him what he wants and we shouldn’t. Dak and his agent also need to understand he’s not going to make 7+ million in endorsements a year on any other team in the league. He’s got it good in Dallas in that aspect. I just know if we don’t keep him (we will sign him) he’s going to show up every time we play his team and thump us. Guaranteed. Everyone has a right to an opinion but you have to use facts to back it up. Most “Dak Haters” just want to hate cause we haven’t been good in a loooong time.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I want him back absolutely. QB's don't grow on trees, and until we have something clearly better I'm happy with what we have.

MetalMike

Reaction score
No, but I felt that way before Thanksgiving

Today’s game just cemented in my mind what I already knew

Hire Urban
Do whatever needs to be done to get Joe Burrow

They could make history with their second chance together

Don't know about the Urban thing but, It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. As for Burrow, trade up and get him!

khiladi

Reaction score
Your stance is laughable. Seems you don’t recall RGIII blowing out his knee either. Not worth my time.

RG3 blueing our his knee had nothing to do with his inability to read progressions. That was already obvious in the Seattle play-off game.

And sorry, but you were wrong. Goff was struggling by the end of last season and into the playoffs and is basically the reason they lost the Super Bowl.

MetalMike

Reaction score
Watching the LSU - Texas A&M game. Joe Burrow is incredible. Trade up and get our quarterback for the next 15 years.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Watching the LSU - Texas A&M game. Joe Burrow is incredible. Trade up and get our quarterback for the next 15 years.

Trade into the top 5...how? He could be #1 overall.

It would take two 1st round picks and plenty more..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I want him back absolutely. QB's don't grow on trees, and until we have something clearly better I'm happy with what we have.

So are you saying that you are in favor of drafting another QB to bring in to compete? Your statement suggest that we should stick with Dak until we have a better option but you will never have a better option if you don't go out and look for other options.

blur2122

Reaction score
I would have said no before this year, but Dak has made undeniable progress. Perfect? Absolutely not. But at the moment he's leading the league in passing yards and is 3rd in passing TDs. It would be a huge roll of the dice to start all over with anyone and expect them to equal or surpass that level of performance. The salary cap is only going up in the next few years - lock Dak in now.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
All these threads are a waste of time. Dak is staying. And yes, pay the kid.

3i6nze.jpg

starfan1

Reaction score
So are you saying that you are in favor of drafting another QB to bring in to compete? Your statement suggest that we should stick with Dak until we have a better option but you will never have a better option if you don't go out and look for other options.
same problem we had with previous QB Jerry tends to worry about the stars physiological ability to handle competition. Dak is virtually top 10 in almost all statistical categories and that's what you want. We can win with Dak but Im all about competition but first we need to shore up the other side of the ball that is where the problem is. At least the biggest problems not named Jason

plasticman

Reaction score
I want Dak to be franchised so he can be evaluated under a different coaching staff.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The worry that many of us have always had about Prescott is that he needs a load of talent around him. That's not a derogatory comment as that applies to most quarterbacks in the NFL.

The issue is that people were blaming the offensive line yesterday or other players...well if Prescott signs for $35+ million then he will have even less talent around him and an even weaker offensive line.

We have seen how poorly he plays when others do not perform to their best around him so that is a scary thought.

Would having new coaches bring out more in Prescott? Potentially yes and maybe this is the way to go initially with Prescott on the tag then see how we get on.

I just do not want Prescott to get paid like the best QB in the league when he clearly isn't as it will effectively knee cap the team for a further 5-6 years.
Brady could use a couple better receivers now aside from Edelman. Ask him how he feels about his receiving talent right about now.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I absolutely think we should draft another quarterback. There always should be competition, but I wouldn't spend a first round pick because I don't see the need as pressing with Prescott on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.