CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract? **merged**

Do you want the Cowboys to give Dak Prescott a new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Belichick likes Dak Perscott .

So , that aint good for those who want prescott at a discount .

trueblue4L

Reaction score
We haven't beat a team with a winning record. I'm a big Dak supporter, but the last 2 weeks were big games and he didn't show up. He needs to protect the ball better. The game against the Bill's is the first time I've felt he was scared. I want to see him with better coaching.
you can’t beat teams above .500 with bad coaching, week in and week out jason gets outcoached. While dak hasn’t play good every single game he doesn’t have to and shouldn’t have to. Everyone in the NFL has a bad game, he’s outplaying tom brady this year but the difference is bill billicheck vs jason garett. If the cowboys had an intelligent coaching staff they would be at least 9-3, we wouldn’t be having this conversation , and dak would be in the running for MVP

erod

Reaction score
you can’t beat teams above .500 with bad coaching, week in and week out jason gets outcoached. While dak hasn’t play good every single game he doesn’t have to and shouldn’t have to. Everyone in the NFL has a bad game, he’s outplaying tom brady this year but the difference is bill billicheck vs jason garett. If the cowboys had an intelligent coaching staff they would be at least 9-3, we wouldn’t be having this conversation , and dak would be in the running for MVP
No. He is what he is.

khiladi

Reaction score
i have a different opinion on this , dak is worth more than just a franchise tag we aren’t talking about d-law here. He as the QB is obviously more valuable to the team and has proved that he’s worth keeping. there is absolutely no reason to roll the dice and possibly waste a draft pick on another quarterback when you have one under center right now. let me remind you that jared goff was the #1 overall pick and the cowboys STOLE an overlooked Dak in the 4th round. the cowboys already saved at least 15 mill on him according to his stats by dodging the big signing bonus that comes with being a high draft pick. according to what you said dak would be more valuable to the team then jared goff is to his simply because the cowboys do have a rushing attack.

I was saying the Rams made a mistake, giving Goff an extension after resigning him.

starcity214

Reaction score

Coaching is overrated.

I get it, it's easy to just blame coaching when players suck..

If coaching was everything, why do the top coaches in college try to recruit the best players?

Why aren't Jared Goff and Mitch trubisky tearing up the league ? They both have genius offensive coaches don't they?

Coaching matters, but not as much as people think.

I think you just want to absolve the players from any blame.

As far as Dak playing good every game, if he wants that type of money, he had better be the best player on the team or else even his teammates will start looking at him sideways

trueblue4L

Reaction score
Coaching is overrated.

I get it, it's easy to just blame coaching when players suck..

If coaching was everything, why do the top coaches in college try to recruit the best players?

Why aren't Jared Goff and Mitch trubisky tearing up the league ? They both have genius offensive coaches don't they?

Coaching matters, but not as much as people think.

I think you just want to absolve the players from any blame.

As far as Dak playing good every game, if he wants that type of money, he had better be the best player on the team or else even his teammates will start looking at him sideways
oh my..coaching is not overrated, you think they just sit on the sideline and call timeouts? bad coaching will and has single handely lost the cowboys games.

As for jared goff and mitch trubisky they aren’t tearing up the league because they aren’t good lol.

For Dak I guess he does deserve that type of money then because he sure is the best player on the team (it ain’t zeke) and him alone has kept us in games this year with red jesus practically coaching against him.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Coaching is overrated :

tenor.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
I understand that... not sure what your getting at. explain:huh:

Goff was resigned as a high price contract. He performed mediocre to awful to end the season, but still went ahead and gave him a 100 million dollar extension. It’s becoming obvious that their coach can’t scheme the weaknesses of Goff away anymore, as teams have adjusted to the offense.

with the way Dallas is calling plays now and Zeke reaching the prime end of a career for a RB, giving Dak a long term contract is a major risk, especially considering how next year will play out. Garrett is on the last year of his contract and Moore was basically a stop gap for this period.

If a new coach comes in and completely changed the offense, then what? It took Dak four years and pristine blocking to beat inept teams, but he still can’t put the ball in the red zone or scare defenses.

DakIsTheTruth4

Reaction score
Goff was resigned as a high price contract. He performed mediocre to awful to end the season, but still went ahead and gave him a 100 million dollar extension. It’s becoming obvious that their coach can’t scheme the weaknesses of Goff away anymore, as teams have adjusted to the offense.

with the way Dallas is calling plays now and Zeke reaching the prime end of a career for a RB, giving Dak a long term contract is a major risk, especially considering how next year will play out. Garrett is on the last year of his contract and Moore was basically a stop gap for this period.

If a new coach comes in and completely changed the offense, then what? It took Dak four years and pristine blocking to beat inept teams, but he still can’t put the ball in the red zone or scare defenses.
Mediocre to awful?!? Are you sure you were watching the 2018 Rams season and not Goffs rookie season on YouTube??? That would be 2016 when he was 0-7 as a starter, but I digress. You can’t go 13-3, throw for 4,600 yards, have 32 TDs only 12 Ints, make it to a Super Bowl, and be called mediocre. That take has no validity. Now on to the it took Dak 4 years to learn a offense statement. If you don’t recall he did go 13-3 as a rookie and had arguably the best rookie season a QB has ever had. He has 14 game winning drives in 3 1/2 seasons. He’s a spark plug for our team. The pristine blocking statement is a joke too. Have you watched any of our games this year? You takes are so whack I’m starting to think you are a Eagles fan........

DakIsTheTruth4

Reaction score
They need to acquire Trevor Lawrence, AT ANY COST.
This kid is Troy Aikman with more athletic ability.
So you want to “lose for Lawrence” just for the CHANCE he’s good. You want to trash a season or two for someone who is unproven. That’s ridiculous when we have been trashing seasons ever since 96’.

StillluvRomo

Reaction score
Franchise tag this off season and draft a qb. Preferably Tua if he drops because of injury and let him sit the year then so bye bye Dak. Tired of seeing him light up cupcakes and then playing like crap with good opponents. A 35-40 million dollar QB makes everyone around him better (Rodgers and Wilson) not need everyone else around him to make him look good.

Shane612

Reaction score
So you want to “lose for Lawrence” just for the CHANCE he’s good. You want to trash a season or two for someone who is unproven. That’s ridiculous when we have been trashing seasons ever since 96’.
Trevor is as good as they come at the college level.
The cowboys have been in NFL purgatory for the last 26 years. What's another year?
This team needs to tank next year, go 0-16, and hope for Lawrence. He's so much further along than Prescott was at this level.
I guess you think Dak is the man.
Maybe he is, maybe not.
FWIW: I doubt it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mediocre to awful?!? Are you sure you were watching the 2018 Rams season and not Goffs rookie season on YouTube??? That would be 2016 when he was 0-7 as a starter, but I digress. You can’t go 13-3, throw for 4,600 yards, have 32 TDs only 12 Ints, make it to a Super Bowl, and be called mediocre. That take has no validity. Now on to the it took Dak 4 years to learn a offense statement. If you don’t recall he did go 13-3 as a rookie and had arguably the best rookie season a QB has ever had. He has 14 game winning drives in 3 1/2 seasons. He’s a spark plug for our team. The pristine blocking statement is a joke too. Have you watched any of our games this year? You takes are so whack I’m starting to think you are a Eagles fan........

Goff was absolutely mediocre to END THE SEASON, exactly like I stated. Their offense was completely struggling. It’s clear who wasn’t watching. The Rams went to the Sb on the strength of their defensive play.

RG3 also has a ‘record setting’ first year. And after Dak’s ‘record setting’ year when Zeke was averaging over 1000 yards after the first hit and over five yards per carry on first down, Dak looked like utter trash, especially when Zeke was suspense six games, Cooper wasn’t here and didn’t have pristine blocking.

so nah..

Status
Not open for further replies.