Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Jerry had an actual well thought out plan post Dak, then no, let him walk. But I don’t think he does.

Nothing in the previous 30 years suggests Jerry has a clue how to acquire a top notch qb. Romo and Dak were pure luck. Sean Payton knew about Romo due to their college ties, and Dak was a 4th round comp pick afterthought that became an all pro. In other words, the pro bowl caliber qb play we’ve experienced since mid 2006 has had nothing to do with Jones’s talent evaluation and acquisition.
Jerry's plan was he thought Lance was gonna go from a bum to a franchise QB....didn't really go according to plans.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Jerry had an actual well thought out plan post Dak, then no, let him walk. But I don’t think he does.

Nothing in the previous 30 years suggests Jerry has a clue how to acquire a top notch qb. Romo and Dak were pure luck. Sean Payton knew about Romo due to their college ties, and Dak was a 4th round comp pick afterthought that became an all pro. In other words, the pro bowl caliber qb play we’ve experienced since mid 2006 has had nothing to do with Jones’s talent evaluation and acquisition.
It has been 35 years since the Cowboys have drafted a QB in the first round of the draft.

Most important position on the field and no first rounders since Aikman who won 3 Superbowls.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It has been 35 years since the Cowboys have drafted a QB in the first round of the draft.

Most important position on the field and no first rounders since Aikman who won 3 Superbowls.
Well if i tmakes you feel better when they wanted to draft guys in the 1st round they wanted Manziel and Lynch. Two guys out of the league. They know their limitations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry is only looking at this from a financial aspect. Neither Dak or Lance is ever going to advance far in the playoffs, so why not go with the cheaper option and let the greedy one walk? That's what I would do if it were my money.
Couldn't be me but I don't have a billion or a fanbase that doesn't care about the product on the field.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Nah - go ahead and trade our top 10, perennial MVP finalist, franchise QB for a replacement that would win 5 or 6 less games each season. Would be brilliant....... A QB with less offensive weapons and less quality coaching than the other top teams in the NFL still managing to bring you 12 wins per season. Good grief.
Good grief is right. Your post is riddled with fabrication

3 NFL all pro lineman, a top receiver, and somehow Dak is working with less?

And since when is he a "perennial" MVP finalist? He led the league in INTs 2 frigging seasons ago.

Also the idea of winning "5 or less games" with anyone else is historically inaccurate

Facts are, the team has won 5 out of the past 6 games that rush has started in daks place

Do I want Dak re-signed?

Answer: HELL no!

It's like having dinner at the same restaurant every Friday. The appetizers and main course are reasonably good, but every single week the dessert leaves you vomiting out in the parking lot.

That, in a nutshell, is Daks Cowboy tenure. Why would you pay $60 M a year for that?

Try a new restaurant brother. You might be disappointed, you might be pleasantly surprised. But what we got now ain't working. It's been almost a decade. If he hasn't figured it out by now he's never going to.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Don't know why some think Daks going to continue to put up big numbers as the nfc gets better and the Cowboys can't add as many good players as Daks salaries goes up. I guess staying around the rim is better for some then the unknown. Sooner or later things will come to a head. Jerry doesn't get qbs until it's too late.
Hanging around the rim is good enough for many fans.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Couldn't be me but I don't have a billion or a fanbase that doesn't care about the product on the field.
But many of us DO care about the product on the field and we care far more about it than Jerry does. Many of us are tired of flaming out early in the playoffs year after year after year. It's time to try something new. No, it won't be Lance. He might get lucky and be able to pull out a few wins with his legs, but that guy will never go any further than Dak has. He's a project at best, and not a good one