Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Dak Prescott to another long term deal?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But many of us DO care about the product on the field and we care far more about it than Jerry does. Many of us are tired of flaming out early in the playoffs year after year after year. It's time to try something new. No, it won't be Lance. He might get lucky and be able to pull out a few wins with his legs, but that guy will never go any further than Dak has. He's a project at best, and not a good one
If you say you’d play Lance because he’s cheap then you can’t care about the product on the field lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted no, not a long term deal, as that is the question. I really am in the do not care category, but only based on letting this year play out first.
If I'm being honest, I really don't care. Doesn’t make a difference if I do or not, anyway.
My question is..If Jerry moves on from Dak, will the boot lickers become Squealers and will the Squealers become boot lickers?
:muttley::muttley::muttley:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If you say you’d play Lance because he’s cheap then you can’t care about the product on the field lol.
That's Jerry's mindset, not necessarily mine. If it were my choice to make Dak would have been dumped already and Lance never brought to Dallas.

Fortunately for me, though, I don't have to worry about making decisions like that. You guys are way too brutal.

khiladi

Reaction score
I do not think Dak deserves another big contract but he's going to get one with the Cowboys or some other team. He's 31 and his best shot was last year.
Dak’s best shot was multiple years. He also had a shot in 2019, but he completely sucked it up and the Cowboys were eliminated by Carson Wentz and the Eagles, when Dak thought he could throw 40 times a game. Zeke and Pollard were tearing it up when the ball was in their hands, as is evident in the Rams and Commanders game.

This year people think his “new offense” was some new phenomenon wi, but with Kellen Moore they always had a 5 game stretch where they were putting up 35 PPG against bad teams. 2021 they were rolling until Denver trounced them with zone and teams followed suit. This year MM had to actually revert the offense after the bye, but as usual Dak was average and mediocre the last 5 games and he still was struggling against zone.

Dak is essentially who he is. The team with its loaded roster would give you a stretch of a bunch of points, only for a descent into mediocre play for Dak when the tough part of the schedule comes around.

Expecting him to catch lightning in the playoffs against multiple good defenses is just foolish.

acr731

Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I really don't care. Doesn’t make a difference if I do or not, anyway.
My question is..If Jerry moves on from Dak, will the boot lickers become Squealers and will the Squealers become boot lickers?
The Stans will complain that Jerry just set the franchise back X number of years. The detractors will just move on to the next target (Lance or whomever) if he isn't getting positive results. The latter won't turn into Jerry lovers, there's zero chance of that happening

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's Jerry's mindset, not necessarily mine. If it were my choice to make Dak would have been dumped already and Lance never brought to Dallas.

Fortunately for me, though, I don't have to worry about making decisions like that. You guys are way too brutal.
You said if you had his money you’d do the same thing as Jerry lol.

Holding him accountable isn’t brutal it gets way worse in other cities.

khiladi

Reaction score
Are you just happy making the playoffs, but crashing out after a game or two best case scenario? If yes, Dakota is your guy, I guess.
Making the playoffs is not going to happen when the roster talent starts to diminish with this team. For all the alleged complaints against this FO, they have done everything in their power to keep it stable for Dak as the QB.

acr731

Reaction score
Making the playoffs is not going to happen when the roster talent starts to diminish with this team. For all the alleged complaints against this FO, they have done everything in their power to keep it stable for Dak as the QB.
In all fairness, the same applies to the other QB's on the roster.

khiladi

Reaction score
As
Good grief is right. Your post is riddled with fabrication

3 NFL all pro lineman, a top receiver, and somehow Dak is working with less?

And since when is he a "perennial" MVP finalist? He led the league in INTs 2 frigging seasons ago.

Also the idea of winning "5 or less games" with anyone else is historically inaccurate

Facts are, the team has won 5 out of the past 6 games that rush has started in daks place

Do I want Dak re-signed?

Answer: HELL no!

It's like having dinner at the same restaurant every Friday. The appetizers and main course are reasonably good, but every single week the dessert leaves you vomiting out in the parking lot.

That, in a nutshell, is Daks Cowboy tenure. Why would you pay $60 M a year for that?

Try a new restaurant brother. You might be disappointed, you might be pleasantly surprised. But what we got now ain't working. It's been almost a decade. If he hasn't figured it out by now he's never going to.
And this MVP “finalist” got a whopping 1 first place vote (probably Tad was in disguise) while Lamar got 49 of the 50 first place votes.

It’s amazing that this forum thinks Lamar is a bum for his actual MVPs, but Dak is a perennial great based upon this vote tally.

It’s bizarre…

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Nah - go ahead and trade our top 10, perennial MVP finalist, franchise QB for a replacement that would win 5 or 6 less games each season. Would be brilliant....... A QB with less offensive weapons and less quality coaching than the other top teams in the NFL still managing to bring you 12 wins per season. Good grief.
You forgot to add "worst playoff QB in NFL history" to your resume list for Dak.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
As

And this MVP “finalist” got a whopping 1 first place vote (probably Tad was in disguise) while Lamar got 49 of the 50 first place votes.

It’s amazing that this forum thinks Lamar is a bum for his actual MVPs, but Dak is a perennial great based upon this vote tally.

It’s bizarre…
Lamar has made it to a conference title game with less offense around him than what Dak has enjoyed. He also can rush for 1000 yards in a season which is a very powerful advantage.

It is very bizarre the attempts to prop up Dak by trashing a QB who has accomplished much more than Dak has, and is younger too.

khiladi

Reaction score
Don't know why some think Daks going to continue to put up big numbers as the nfc gets better and the Cowboys can't add as many good players as Daks salaries goes up. I guess staying around the rim is better for some then the unknown. Sooner or later things will come to a head. Jerry doesn't get qbs until it's too late.
This is also a great point. Dak’s tenure of playing in the NFC East has been one when it’s in compete disarray outside the Cowboys. I still remember in 2016 the Giants defense was actually good and Dak sucked against them, as well as the Ravens. Last year, the Eagles were the absolute worst team on third down with a 1st year DC with even minimum assistant coaching experience. They were the 31st ranking secondary overall. The Commanders we’re dead last and Dallas only played them after they traded their two best players on defense.

People completely are missing the fact that the Eagles DC is the best in the business and plays heavy zone and gets to see Dak twice a year now, meaning gets to look at their offense in much more detail.