Does a Small Part of You Feel Bad For Dak?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Reminds me of that segment on ESPNN where they said why do every time people talk about Dak they bring the "good person" narrative before doing any criticism as if being a good person had anything to do with being a good QB.

It's almost as if they want you to feel sorry for him
They tread lightly criticizing him. Based on some accusations from Dak stans here when you criticize Dak it's undetstandable.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not Dak or for a BILLIONAIRE Owner/GM with a yacht bigger than most mansions. Who makes Dak money look like peanuts- stale peanuts. A guy who prostitutes his fanbase and team for even more money. A guy who lies every year to his fanbase and pretends he'd give his left testicle for a championship. A guy who hasn't built a winner for 30 years. Feel sorry for this guy??? Hell NAW!!! He makes Dak look like a modern-day Saint :facepalm:

btgboys41

Reaction score
No way. The position he is in was in large part of his making. Can you imagine Dak saying to his agent: Hey, let’s not go for max and see if this team can bring in some strong free agents? I’d like to help this team reach the peak and it starts with my contract?

Dak lovers and haters all know the answer to these questions. Show me a player focused on his brand, and you will see a player who deserves no sympathy. Be the team player you claim to be, and you may find team success.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
I sure don't feel sorry for a BILLIONAIRE with a yacht bigger than most mansions. Who makes Dak money look like peanuts- stale peanuts. A guy who prostitutes his fanbase and team for even more money. A guy who lies every year to his fanbase and pretends he'd give his left testicle for a championship. Feel sorry for this guy??? Hell NAW!!! He makes Dak look like a modern-day Saint :facepalm:
If Jerry had to make his money by winning at football, he'd be standing on a food line.

kevm3

Reaction score
No, not really. He made a ton of money and has no real accountability.

If he wants to win vs just make a ton of money and have the notoriety of being the Cowboys QB, he needs to walk

kevm3

Reaction score
No way. The position he is in was in large part of his making. Can you imagine Dak saying to his agent: Hey, let’s not go for max and see if this team can bring in some strong free agents? I’d like to help this team reach the peak and it starts with my contract?

Dak lovers and haters all know the answer to these questions. Show me a player focused on his brand, and you will see a player who deserves no sympathy. Be the team player you claim to be, and you may find team success.
The problem is anyone taking less for the Cowboys would be idiotic. The only thing that would happen is Stephen Jones would pocket the savings. We NEVER went all-in when Dak was on the rookie contract, but instead went budget shopping... and hence the fundamental problem of this organization. The chief football decision makers are also the owners, so there is zero accountability and real pressure to win because they can spin fools gold and get the Cowboys fans to shell out money for mediocrity

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol hell no. This is entertainment, and part of being a QB is you get the glory of all the wins and blame for all the losses. He's a multimillionaire, has at least one more massive contract coming up, and will be able to retire in his mid 30s if he chooses to. I don't feel sorry for any athlete who receives criticism, it's part of the job.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
No, not Dak the player, football is a meritocracy as other Cowboy QB who also used to choke in big games said once.

Dak the person I feel for his loss of his mom and his brother. But I would feel the same for any other person.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The part of me that rooted for Dak to turn it around - DIED last Sunday. I’m MORE WILLING to give McCarcass another chance with a QB NOT named Dak. And I’m not exactly crazy about THAT prospect, either.

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
Of course! Dan’s a professional athlete who wants to win, probably more than any of us wanna B’s! So in that regard it’s too bad that he just doesn’t have whatever “it” is to go above and beyond in pressure situations. As far as feeling sorry for him in any other realm of life, no, he should have everything he needs!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
If Jerry had to make his money by winning at football, he'd be standing on a food line.
They wouldn't even let him get in the line. He'd be that kid in Oliver Twist "more food-please". "MORE FOOD!!!!!?????:angry:
R.af6efcb52ac6d4e76edcfea00a8b79a0

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I almost feel bad for the low-IQ dak lovers on here, but then I remember how they talk him up and called all the people who thought dak sucked haters. I remember him being better than Mahomes and Troy, sheesh. Welcome to bizarro land. I almost forgot we were called Eagles fans. smh..

Wizarus

Reaction score
No, he's a multi-millionaire who is going to live well for the rest of his life even if he gets cut today(as long as he isn't stupid).

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What happened? Dak is still on the team. Did the trade him today?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nah. He’s probably made ten times more money than he ever should have if he played football for a different organization.