Does a Small Part of You Feel Bad For Dak?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I feel sorry that his ability has not been assessed correctly by the coaching staff and our owner.

If our owner chooses to make him qb1 and pay him a king's Ransom there's really nothing we can do about it but he should provide him the necessary tools to be successful. Just because you pay him like Mahomes doesn't mean he can play like him.

He wants to win he uses everything in his skill set to try but when people on the team don't do their job it is too much for him to carry it himself and it doesn't matter how much he gets paid he can't do it he needs a power running game and a defense that can stop the run against good teams.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I feel sorry that his ability has not been assessed correctly by the coaching staff and our owner.

If our owner chooses to make him qb1 and pay him a king's Ransom there's really nothing we can do about it but he should provide him the necessary tools to be successful. Just because you pay him like Mahomes doesn't mean he can play like him.

He wants to win he uses everything in his skill set to try but when people on the team don't do their job it is too much for him to carry it himself and it doesn't matter how much he gets paid he can't do it he needs a power running game and a defense that can stop the run against good teams.
Maybe dak has reached his potential?
A good , but not great QB.
Nothing wrong with that, but the expectation in Dallas is playoff success.
Between the GMs incompetence and daks limitations, we're never going to see that here.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
No. Nada. None. Zilch.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I remember there was a tweet Dak made when he was in college talking crap about Romo after a playoff loss saying he was done supporting Romo...

So no.
And Dak made those tweets in 2012 when the interior of our o line was Nate Livings, Ryan Cook, and Mackenzy Bernadeau. And Tyron in his 1st year at the vital LT position.

This year he had legitimate 3 all pros protecting him and still couldn't get it done.

So, no. Don't feel a bit sorry for him. He deserves worse than what he's getting for that gag job vs GB Sunday night

mldardy

Reaction score
Feel sorry for some dude that is vastly overpaid and doesn't give a crap about the fans? HELL NO!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, and a large part of me feels bad for the Cowboys future under the Jones family.

DaleMc

Reaction score
Nope, no one forces him to take the job, accept a huge contract and then fold when the going gets tough. He is set for life, what is there to feel bad about for him?

mldardy

Reaction score
No....he held Booger over a barrel the last contact negotiation when money could have been spread around.
This pissed me off as well. Dude was acting like he brought the Cowboys a title the way he demanded to be paid and our stupid owner caved due to media pressure by the Stephen A. Forehead's of the world.

Sobe

Reaction score
No. His *** acted like he couldn't survive on $30-35M/yr because he didn't have a wife(ex) like Tom's to go home to.

Therefore, he betted on himself, got what he wanted (his contract) by padding Stats in regular season against teams with losing records. Resulting in lack of cap space for free agents signings, acting like he's Mr. Can Do It All.

plymkr

Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
No. Absolutely not. At one time Dak was offered the richest contract in NFL history and turned it down because he wanted more. If you got the balls to turn down the richest contract in NFL history(at the time) then you better have the balls to deal with playoff pressure.

plymkr

Reaction score
Reminds me of that segment on ESPNN where they said why do every time people talk about Dak they bring the "good person" narrative before doing any criticism as if being a good person had anything to do with being a good QB.

It's almost as if they want you to feel sorry for him
We therapists call that gaslighting.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I had 126 million dollars guaranteed ......... I would not give one crap if everyone on the planet, except my kids, hated me.

So hell no!

vlad

Reaction score
I wish ppl would feel sorry for me for the same reasons

Asklesko

Reaction score
Nah. Dak is a thief of the money he takes from Jerry. If he had any integrity, he would admit he can't do the job and step down.