Does a Small Part of You Feel Bad For Dak?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I feel bad that he plays for a team with a "fan" base that actively roots against him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I dont think i feel bad for Dak, i think i have some empathy for him and others...like clockwork in a playoff game the team looked totally ill prepared..AGAIN. we have the same questions we have had over the last 28 years...some posters here still believe we are a QB away..I feel sorry for them, there is a glaring problem with this franchise and some are living and dying with ignorance to it..lets move on to the next "Problem QB" we get because if you dont change the guy implementing all of this the results will never change....

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It's a miracle that some of these teams who went away from their loser qb, made it back so fast. Losing the chokester would hurt my feelings, I might give up on watching Dallas if he leaves.{said not one real Cowboys fan}

ICP

Reaction score
Huh? He's rich, the QB of a marque franchise, and has an owner who loves him. So absolutely not

HungryLion

Reaction score
I feel bad for him personally. Having to deal with the death of his mother and suicide of his brother. Thats awful.

But professionally, not at all.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel bad for all the heartache he's had in his personal life. As a QB not in the least it goes along with being the Dallas QB
I feel bad for the dude in that sense as well. As a player less so.

I certainly wish he could overcome the narrative that has been written about him, but he cannot.

He has enjoyed a better career than 90% of QBs that make it to the NFL and has accomplished everything but deep playoff success. I wish it was different, because he is a good guy and obviously has the talent, but unfortunately he just seems to struggle to come up big in the tough moments.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I feel bad for Dak's personal life. He's dealt with a lot of tragedy and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone and wish he didn't have to go through that. Professionally I do not. He asked for respect all year long and got all the credit for the team playing well, but he shouldn't take any of the blame when the team doesn't? It's not like it's the first time this has happened. It's against any team that is decent or good. He and McCarthy have a 13-15 record against teams that finish a season above .500. He's lost and played terribly in three straight playoffs. It would be one thing if he played well and the team crapped the bed, but he's played terribly. On top of that everyone can clamor about a MVP season, but it was the same tale it always has been. If they faced a good team even in the regular season he didn't play well. Dak's a starter in this league still because he's played in a terrible NFC East for 8 years. Look how many terrible teams they played this year. And once again the defense led the league in scoring and was near the top in turn overs. If the defense doesn't continue to do that, you see the real Dak. The Dak that isn't racking up stats in games they are blowing the team out or being blown out. His stats are all smoke and mirrors and it a continual thing. It' snot a fluke at this point. It's not a coincidence that Cooper Rush went 5-1 with essentially this same team and won some big games and had some big drives. And no I'm not saying he's better, I'm saying Dak isn't a player that can't be replaced. He wanted the huge contract. Professionally this comes with it. I don't feel bad for him professionally.
well said

b0xZZ

Reaction score
So your contention is the guy who led the entire league in TD passes is a mental midget?

Do you hear yourself?
I don’t care what he did in the regular season, he’s not a big stage championship QB. How many times does he have to show you that before you believe him?

I care nothing about stats, I want a guy that doesn’t wet his diaper when it’s all on the line like Dak does EVERY TIME!

Ken

Reaction score
I don’t care what he did in the regular season, he’s not a big stage championship QB. How many times does he have to show you that before you believe him?

I care nothing about stats, I want a guy that doesn’t wet his diaper when it’s all on the line like Dak does EVERY TIME!
So he is only a mental midget in the playoffs...got it.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Actually, I do feel bad for Dak in a way, because no matter how great his Stats / QB Ratings will be during the REGULAR season, it means nothing unless it's the playoffs.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I rest my case. We lose nothing but our humanity when we choose to hate.
I agree. Hate begins with self first and foremost. I know I must quit using the word when describe my disdain for macaroni and cheese, watermelon, green peas. peaches, nectarines, mushrooms, walnuts, pecans. It drives my wife crazy.

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for anybody making 40mil plus a year. He needs to struggle and be the qb he is being to be. Loser.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I agree. Hate begins with self first and foremost. I know I must quit using the word when describe my disdain for macaroni and cheese, watermelon, green peas. peaches, nectarines, mushrooms, walnuts, pecans. It drives my wife crazy.
What kind of monster doesn’t like Mac and cheese!