Does a Small Part of You Feel Bad For Dak?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Oh please, like he NEEDED 40 million per year over 30 or 35. I don't mind him wanting to get paid, but not at the expense of talent on the team. I don't care if the man is a saint, no player is worth 20% of the cap (at the time). What exactly had he done up to that point that merited that much? What has he done NOW that merits that much? Had he led the team to a SB, I'd have at least understood it more.

Yes, players want to get paid. There's no shame in that, but they should have the basic foresight to know that the more they get paid, the less there is to pay other talent on the team. If they don't take that into consideration you know they're only in it for dollars and not winning. That's gets us the results we're seeing every year. Falling short when it matters most.

Jerry and Stephen made perhaps the biggest mistake in 20 years giving Dak that contract. Not because Dak isn't a decent QB. He is a great regular season QB. He's just not a SB capable QB. He's a stats warrior, not a post-season warrior. But if he had a shred of team spirit and a desire to win it all, he'd have accepted less. He'd be talking publicly of accepting less for an extension now. It's time to move on and cut him after June 1st for the good of the team, but that would be Jerry admitting he made a mistake. That's unlikely.
Maybe you're already rich, but not every player was born with a silver spoon in their mouths. I, personally, would've gone for top dollar. It's up to Jerry to decline, but I'm certainly asking for it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
Whatever travails he goes through can be eased by his king's ransom in salary.
I feel for the homeless and vulnerable, not those who make $44mil a year and wear Louis Vuitton.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I feel bad for him only in the sense that in a perfect world, he should have never been thrusted into becoming the Cowboys franchise QB his rookie season. He would have benefited from mentoring from Romo a season or two. Also he got the wrong message in 2016, that he was all of that and a bag of chips when it was Zeke carrying the offense and he got to run a simplified offense. Yes he has progressed and improved as a passer and commanding an offense. But I always felt his maturity was unnatural (coached up) and his shortcomings always get unmasked in the playoffs.

Blue64

Reaction score
The guy makes 50 million a year and we should feel bad for him???

Get real.

This guy bought Louis Vitton bags for himself and his girlfriend, so that the LV reminded him of Las Vegas were the SB was been played as motivation.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
oh yeah, I feel sorry for him. Every time I take a crap I call it a dak, and when I flush it, it makes me sad. Bye dak, you piece of crap.

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe you're already rich, but not every player was born with a silver spoon in their mouths. I, personally, would've gone for top dollar. It's up to Jerry to decline, but I'm certainly asking for it.
Please. As if 30-35 million isn't already lifechanging generational money. The Dak apologists can be so ridiculous

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure but more so because of why he’s getting hate. I’d rather have won and he would be getting praise. About the only guy who earned praise was Ferg and maybe Gallup who had a solid game. Ferg was a stud
Why is it called "hate"? I don; tthink I have seen one person say they hate him.

Not wanting him to be our Qb...isn't hate.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
Hasnt he got a degree in psychology and workforce leadership? Im sure, during his studies, there's been an emphasis about facing your demands and accepting them.......maybe think about that when negotiating his next contract. You accept the money, you accept the responsibility.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no. I dont. This game requires 110% prep and focus. I don't think he assessed things the right way. He was stunned looking all game.
Yes he was. He looked stunned. Who expected to be 28 points down the first half great defense.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, I hope dak invites all of you guys over to his house to jump rainbows and ride unicorns for feeling sorry for him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The problem is anyone taking less for the Cowboys would be idiotic. The only thing that would happen is Stephen Jones would pocket the savings. We NEVER went all-in when Dak was on the rookie contract, but instead went budget shopping... and hence the fundamental problem of this organization. The chief football decision makers are also the owners, so there is zero accountability and real pressure to win because they can spin fools gold and get the Cowboys fans to shell out money for mediocrity

Exactly

sean10mm

Reaction score
Honestly I'd have had more respect for Dak and Romo both if they saw Dallas as a loser culture franchise and signed elsewhere to chase a ring.

By the 2nd/3rd contract they had to know Dallas was where you stay to get paid and lose in the playoffs.

Look at Ware, leaving Dallas instantly improved his legacy.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I don't feel bad for Dak. I don't feel bad for anyone in the Cowboys organization. They have been screwing up for the past almost 30 years after Jerry's screw up of forcing Jimmy out. I know Jimmy says he wasn't having fun anymore, but I think that had a lot to do with his confrontations with Jerry behind closed doors. Jerry wanted credit, and he should get some because he helped bring in the players, but he wanted ALL of the credit. He still does and that's why he never relinquished the GM title.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
main-qimg-aeb61be27f668985c6f08c36599a11f8-pjlq