Does a Small Part of You Feel Bad For Dak?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
No. He’s getting paid millions to play a game. The money comes with the territory. He’s got to handle the pressure to succeed. So far, it doesn’t look like he’s doing that.

hopemsu

Reaction score
I feel bad for little girls with cancer. Its unfortunate, yes, that Dak takes all the blame for a loss, and so much so that people want him replaced with every loss, he's trash, can't carry a team, Baker Mayfield is better... on and on. He is paid very well. Is the blame unjustified, yes. Dak is an above average qb, and contrary to belief no qb ever carries a team. Mahomes has had some good offensive lines, really good defenses. Brady never won a super bowl when he didnt have a top 5 defense i dont believe. The QB is the face of the franchise, so even though our defense couldn't have stopped my grandmother, 32 points should win 95% of every ball game every played. Most certainly the 2023-24 green bay packers.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel bad for little girls with cancer. Its unfortunate, yes, that Dak takes all the blame for a loss, and so much so that people want him replaced with every loss, he's trash, can't carry a team, Baker Mayfield is better... on and on. He is paid very well. Is the blame unjustified, yes. Dak is an above average qb, and contrary to belief no qb ever carries a team. Mahomes has had some good offensive lines, really good defenses. Brady never won a super bowl when he didnt have a top 5 defense i dont believe. The QB is the face of the franchise, so even though our defense couldn't have stopped my grandmother, 32 points should win 95% of every ball game every played. Most certainly the 2023-24 green bay packers.
Um... EASY on the spin, sir.

16 points going into 4th qtr. At home, against an allegedly inferior team. Doesn't usually win games.

16 more in garbage prevent defense 4th qtr after they took their foot off our throat.

Surfguy

Reaction score
I feel terrible for Dak that he is only elite against .500 and below teams. Awful.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Feel bad? No not really.

I still like Dak as a person and hope things are going well for him otherwise. But I can't feel bad about something that's in his control.

I'd feel bad if he lit up the packers for 50 and they scored 51.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes he was. He looked stunned. Who expected to be 28 points down the first half great defense.
Piss poor team habits during the week, it was evident whatever we did during the week wasn't adequate or didn't even happen. Unacceptable. The optics will be this if Jerry brings back MM, that losing under any circumstance is just fine and Jerry can ride with status quo. Thats an AWFUL standard optically on so many levels. Surely he won't bring him back here.

HMJYay

Reaction score
I feel bad for Dak's personal life. He's dealt with a lot of tragedy and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone and wish he didn't have to go through that. Professionally I do not. He asked for respect all year long and got all the credit for the team playing well, but he shouldn't take any of the blame when the team doesn't? It's not like it's the first time this has happened. It's against any team that is decent or good. He and McCarthy have a 13-15 record against teams that finish a season above .500. He's lost and played terribly in three straight playoffs. It would be one thing if he played well and the team crapped the bed, but he's played terribly. On top of that everyone can clamor about a MVP season, but it was the same tale it always has been. If they faced a good team even in the regular season he didn't play well. Dak's a starter in this league still because he's played in a terrible NFC East for 8 years. Look how many terrible teams they played this year. And once again the defense led the league in scoring and was near the top in turn overs. If the defense doesn't continue to do that, you see the real Dak. The Dak that isn't racking up stats in games they are blowing the team out or being blown out. His stats are all smoke and mirrors and it a continual thing. It' snot a fluke at this point. It's not a coincidence that Cooper Rush went 5-1 with essentially this same team and won some big games and had some big drives. And no I'm not saying he's better, I'm saying Dak isn't a player that can't be replaced. He wanted the huge contract. Professionally this comes with it. I don't feel bad for him professionally.

Steve007

Reaction score
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
No. He put the Cowboys behind the 8 ball with his contract and he is about to do it again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
no. I dont. This game requires 110% prep and focus. I don't think he assessed things the right way. He was stunned looking all game.
Yeah, I'd be stunned too if I look up and see a defense that can't stop anyone all game and that you almost have no shot unless you play perfect you know it's pressure that puts on a quarterback...

I mean Matthew Stafford had to leave the lions to go get a title that's what Prescott probably gonna have to do here and yeah I feel bad for him because everyone picks on him but hey let's excuse the defense and the coaching staff's lack of a run game poor offensive lines all the stuff that's blown up in the playoffs around Prescott...

So everyone can have their own opinion,

we're all upset we're all irritated but I'm tired of hearing about how it's Prescott's fault that first interception Brandon cooks got ran through from the back he got pulled back by his shoulder as well for leverage while the DB intercepted the ball for again no pass interference..... I'm not even gonna complain about the flag not being dropped we are all used to it but I'm not blaming Prescott for that first interception hey the DB was allowed to play illegally and physically and no call was made but cooks also didn't make a good effort how many did we see in the game of our players dropping balls giving up on routes not even diving for a football??

When the all 22 comes out and you all break down the film you're going to be apologizing to Prescott, yes he had problems and even the second interception there were a route tree that looked just like Kellen Moores where all three were on the same level they were it was a timing route he let the ball go he thought his receiver was going to run a specific route and stop in an area but instead another defensive back or linebacker I can't remember now, broke off his responsibilities and cut up underneath the football this has happened so many times it's hard to blame just the quarterback... this is a problem like people are talking about we need the coaches all changed out but moving on from this quarterback and blaming him for everything I do feel bad for him,

I'm sorry but we're watching a different game...

Literally in 2016 his defense blew that game in 2018 his defense blew that game 2021;11 penalties on the offensive line and four on the defense absolutely made that game nearly impossible to win and then the defense also gave up almost 10 yards per carry in the first half that deebo Samuels, in 2022 that game came down to the end it was a close game but that was a total team loss nobody really played well... That probably is Prescott's worse play up outing but again where was the offensive line in the run game we've been missing that in every single one of these scenarios in the playoffs he doesn't have an Emmitt Smith or a Tony Dorset or an offensive line to match...​
And again when this all 22 comes out for this game we're gonna find out that there was a lot more problems with the game plans the execution the defense everything from top to bottom you can't expect the quarterback to overcome this ridiculousness in these games...​

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If I thought that winning and legacy meant anything to him I could continue to support him and I could feel bad. Why would I feel bad for someone who considers the season to be a massive success. Big time personal stats, big time brand development and marketing boom, big time pay checks, massive salary increase incoming, lots of designer clothes and luggage. Don't kid yourselves Dak couldn't be happier and why wouldn't he be? You guys and your quest for playoff success need to grow up.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would anyone feel bad for Dak? Dude has had 8 years, plethora of weapons including top WR's, TE's, OL, RB all at the same time and still couldn't get things done when it mattered. He isn't trash like some say but he is not the guy to lead a team to post season success. He needs an elite defense and run game and then I think a Dak lead team could possibly make it to the NFCCG or beyond. It's ok to realize what he is, jerry needs to come to grips with not giving him elite pay or let him move on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Granted he has fame, fortune and the undying love of America's Cowboy, but a small part of me feels bad for him in that he has a high visibility job which he NEVER should have put into, and at which he will ultimately be (is) a flop.
Of course. Why wouldn't someone feel bad for him.

There has never been a question that he works hard and puts his heart into it, and this was his best chance to step up and be perceived as a top tier QB.

Now before someone jumps up to argue that's not a reason to keep going forward with him or to offer him a huge contract, I'm not saying it is. I'm just talking about the human side of it. The business and football sides of it are something different, and those are the sides the Cowboys have to look at to make decisions going forward.

PurpleHaze22

Reaction score
Yes I feel sorry for Dak.I feel sorry that we have such a predictable offense that receivers don't get open.I feel sorry we have an offensive line that is not real good at run or pass blocking.No I don't think Dak is an elite QB ,but I think he can be serviceable given the right circumstances.They were giving Jordan so much Love for completing passes when his receivers were wide open some by almost 20yards and complaining about Dak when the db's looked like siamese twins to our receivers.BTW I don't think he's worth the money they are paying him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
not really. he's made his bank and set for life unless he just goes uber-crazy after the nfl. i feel bad for us the fans who have to eat these experiments year after year.