Does Aikman win a SB with any team from Parcells forward?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What in the world are you talking about?

You didn't. It wasn't.

His body, more specifically his brain from concussions let him down. That was his draw back, being immobile. Never heard his passing criticized.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yah, when you put up a video like that, my comment seems ridiculous. But Im specifically talking about his bomb deep passes. If he could throw it on a rope, it was accurate.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lets assume its not even a conversation with the teams from after the 90's up to Parcells. But do any of you feel that Aikman would have won a SB with the teams of Parcells, Wade, Garrett, MM?

:popcorn:
The answer is very simple: look at Aikman's team record and personal stats as QB his first 3 years (89 - 91) and his last 4 (97 - 00) when he didn't have the best Oline to protect him, or the best set of WRs, or the best Offense overall, or the best Defense to back up his Offense.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

That should easily answer this question.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The answer is very simple: look at Aikman's team record as personal stats as QB his first 3 years (89 - 91) and his last 4 (97 - 00) when he didn't have the best Oline to protect him, or the best set of WRs, or the best Offense overall, or the best Defense to back up his Offense.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

That should easily answer this question.

Its such an easy question that 95% of everyone nailed it. There was only like two guys that said Aikman would have won a championship. Everyone else said no way.

Then you always get the types that fail to answer it correctly and say we would have gotten farther. But I think they all admitted he wouldnt have won a championship.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is Tony Romo the most underappreciated player in Cowboys history? Romo was heavily scrutinized by the media considering he leads the franchise with career passing yards, 34,183, career touchdowns, 248, and second with a passer rating of 97.1. Romo also had 24 fourth-quarter comebacks…

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except some players like Jay Novacek said players were growing tired of Jimmy in the book Boys will be boys.
The fact is all players were growing tired of coaches like that, look at what Coughlin had to do to keep his job.

It was the beginning of the shift from the coaches being the dog to being the tail and the rising salaries was the reason. That and the fact Elway got his tough HC, Dan Reeves, fired. It became please the stars.

Brady can try and sell he doesn't have a problem with Arians all he wants, I ain't buying. He retires, Arians moves upstairs, Brady unretires.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Is Tony Romo the most underappreciated player in Cowboys history? Romo was heavily scrutinized by the media considering he leads the franchise with career passing yards, 34,183, career touchdowns, 248, and second with a passer rating of 97.1. Romo also had 24 fourth-quarter comebacks…
Romo's 24 4th quarter comebacks will be hard to beat (Dak only has 10 up-to-date), but Dak currently has a much better completions % average (Dak: 66.6% to Tony: 65.3%), much better passer rating (Dak: 98.7 to Tony: 97.1), much better passing yards/game average (Dak: 259.8 to Tony: 219.1) all while Dak is only 105 TDs away from tying Tony Romo in total career TDs all while Dak has yet to start in another 4 3/4 years to equal the amount of years Tony Romo started. Also, Dak has 22,083 total passing yards, only 12,100 yards away from tying Tony Romo's 34,183 career passing yards which Dak should be able to pass if he stays healthy and keeps passing for the average/game he currently is at.

I agree Tony Romo is greatly underappreciated, but I believe Dak will be underappreciated even more if he stays on pace to shatter most (if not all) of Tony Romo's career records without leading this team to a Super Bowl the way it didn't happen for Romo.

Acheman08

Reaction score
Tom Brady and Joe Montana wouldnt have won a SB with our 2000's teams either. I do think that the teams in 07 and 14 wouldve fared much better with a prime Aikman just from his leadership alone. He also stepped up in high stakes games where Romo didnt (Im not a Romo hater at all but in big games he didnt play his best). He wouldve pushed others to get more out of them when the lame duck coaches were standing there befuddled.

It puzzles me that people can be so critical of Aikman and makes me wonder if some actually saw him play. Dude was unbelievably accurate, like, scary. Stats werent up to todays passers because the game has changed and also some guy behind him running for over 16K. The second half of his career was ruined by Jerry. Maybe for some its a generational thing...they grew up with Romo or Dak and Troy was before their time so they regurgitate what they hear on line.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tom Brady and Joe Montana wouldnt have won a SB with our 2000's teams either. I do think that the teams in 07 and 14 wouldve fared much better with a prime Aikman just from his leadership alone. He also stepped up in high stakes games where Romo didnt (Im not a Romo hater at all but in big games he didnt play his best). He wouldve pushed others to get more out of them when the lame duck coaches were standing there befuddled.

It puzzles me that people can be so critical of Aikman and makes me wonder if some actually saw him play. Dude was unbelievably accurate, like, scary. Stats werent up to todays passers because the game has changed and also some guy behind him running for over 16K. The second half of his career was ruined by Jerry. Maybe for some its a generational thing...they grew up with Romo or Dak and Troy was before their time so they regurgitate what they hear on line.
Yeah, Romo is not in the same convo as Aikman.

kskboys

Reaction score
The fact is all players were growing tired of coaches like that, look at what Coughlin had to do to keep his job.

It was the beginning of the shift from the coaches being the dog to being the tail and the rising salaries was the reason. That and the fact Elway got his tough HC, Dan Reeves, fired. It became please the stars.

Brady can try and sell he doesn't have a problem with Arians all he wants, I ain't buying. He retires, Arians moves upstairs, Brady unretires.
Arians is a middle of the pack HC, at best. Dude only got recognition after Brady led him by the nose to the super bowl. Don't forget, TB was 7-5 and floundering running the Arians O. Brady then changed it/got him to change it and they started winning and went all the way. It was not Arians, he's a putz.

kskboys

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yah, when you put up a video like that, my comment seems ridiculous. But Im specifically talking about his bomb deep passes. If he could throw it on a rope, it was accurate.
I'm aghast that anyone is denying it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lets assume its not even a conversation with the teams from after the 90's up to Parcells. But do any of you feel that Aikman would have won a SB with the teams of Parcells, Wade, Garrett, MM?

:popcorn:
Do you think Tony Romo would’ve won a ring with the players Aikman had

Acheman08

Reaction score
I dont, even though i really like Romo. You think he wouldve won in Candlestick in 92? He wouldve thrown 4 ints. He was not a big game QB IMO.

Havic

Reaction score
I really hate to say it but Aikman was basically Brad Johnson with the TB defense. The offense went through E.Smith.

pitt33

Reaction score
He always became a different better QB in the playoffs . When the competition was the hardest he shone brightest. so yeah I think he might have taken the team that got screwed in Greenbay on the Dez catch farther and also Dak’s rookie team farther .
Absolutely.

Aikman was the best quarterback in college. By a long shot. He also deserved the overall 1st pick. Aikman played the position with great poise and laser like accuracy. And it certainly helped to have the team around him that he did.

Xeven

Reaction score
Teams that win are in top physical shape and have the best OL and DL.

links18

Reaction score
The Pats beat the Cowboys by 3 touchdowns earlier that year

I know. They also beat the Giants in the regular season, but didn't see even put up 20 points against them in the Super Bowl. I guess you could make the argument that our defense wasn't as good as the Giants at that moment.

kskboys

Reaction score
W/ the coaching staff they had, quite possible. Turner would not have let Romo not run the ball. He would've coached the stupid right out of him.