Does Anyone Else Want a Rebuild Out of Boredom?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If you want to know what real boredom is suffer watching losing seasons every year trying to rebuild. I would rather retool and stay competitive. I’m not interested in moving on from cornerstone players.
You are content with regular season record, we got you, everybody paying attention understands.

khiladi

Reaction score
With the same head coach and same QB, it just feels like the other pieces don’t matter. We will waffle somewhere between average and good, which I’m beginning to despise.

At this point I’d rather have a rebuild and accept an awful team with awesome draft pick position for a few years just to inject some novelty and long term hope

I know that’s not logical. I know anything can happen if you get to the playoffs, but I have 0 belief in this team as is. It’s like wanting to restart franchise mode in Madden because you made some bad decisions and just kept playing through it anyway.

We only waffle between average and good, because the roster for Dak was and has been good.

If a defense can be top-ranked defense and top in TOs, this is a huge benefit to the offense. Any franchise QB would dream of that, especially if they have 3 all-pro OL on the offense.

Dak is the one who generally fails. When other pieces fail, it’s failing alongside Dak.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
With the same head coach and same QB, it just feels like the other pieces don’t matter. We will waffle somewhere between average and good, which I’m beginning to despise.

At this point I’d rather have a rebuild and accept an awful team with awesome draft pick position for a few years just to inject some novelty and long term hope

I know that’s not logical. I know anything can happen if you get to the playoffs, but I have 0 belief in this team as is. It’s like wanting to restart franchise mode in Madden because you made some bad decisions and just kept playing through it anyway.
Absolutely not.
I would be out on a rebuild.
Cowboys and NFL would cycle to the bottom of my sports concerns below college football, Mavs, college basketball and Euro soccer.
I lived through the Campo years, and I will never do that again as an active participant.
A single year or such I would be fine with, but I am out on any 3-year plans.

khiladi

Reaction score
Turning around in the 90s and previous, was difficult. Turning around in the modern era is not relatively speaking.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You are content with regular season record, we got you, everybody paying attention understands.
Right and you are the classic addict who would chase a high even if it leaves you uber miserable 99% of the time.
Thats an insane way to live life much less via sports.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We been at it for 30 years now, we should be immune to heart break by now including stomach aches.
We've been a winning organization for quite a long time. That is very different from being a bottom feeder that isn't worth watching.

Sports are about competing not just winning.
This Cowboys team knows how to win in the regular season and especially in domes.
They need to learn to win in the playoffs, on grass, outdoors, in the cold.
Thus, they drafted a bunch of guys in the trenches and hired a run stop DC.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We've been a winning organization for quite a long time. That is very different from being a bottom feeder that isn't worth watching.

This Cowboys team knows how to win in the regular season and especially in domes.
Lets hope that things change around, because 30 years of losing you know no one would keep Jerry running their team for 30 years with the results we got. He is benefiting from being the owner.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

In the playoffs we have been a bottom feeder in the 21st century (which is almost 1/4 completed). Bottom 5 feeder in fact.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah those three straight 12 win seasons are so boring……smh.

And getting rid of Mike? Dumb move.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Everyone talking like rebuilds are bad, but look at the Texans, Bears, etc.... Sometimes new faces are needed to re-ignite the team and get it going again. Didn't even take the Texans all that long. Those Texans and Bears fans have a lot to look forward to this year, meanwhile we're stuck with greedy old 50 million Dirk, and no cap space to add players.
I agree it's time to move on and I agree with the premise. This team doesn't excite me at all, and even a fire sale would renew my interest.

To be fair, the Bears have struggled for a long time-- Texans also.

Yes this year is way more exciting for them than us, but if we dump our $50MM QB, we have to be prepared for the same unknown number of years of misery.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
One of my favorite seasons was actually 1989 because they went out every game with less and put it on the line. You could see the work despite the losses….different era of rebuilding though

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
different than what the Jones clan defines it as.

They call it a salary cap re-set. No one gets a big deal.
this - this is our rebuild since we only sign internal draft picks - we are dishing out no money to the internals

the trade away players for picks would only make sense if we didn't overpay all of them - Dak has a no trade clause, DLaw is probably best to play the year out and Zack was just paid more last year

jones said hell with it - ride it out and we will reset via the draft

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you don’t have a good regular season record you won’t make the playoffs. Tearing the team apart and moving on from all your best players will lead to years of futility but apparently you and some others don’t understand. There’s no fan base more ridiculous than this one. Just look at this thread. :rolleyes:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I never get bored watching my team. I get frustrated, but there's always something to watch, even if it is just individual play.

I don't think any of us have Super Bowl expectations based on how this offseason has gone, and I know that spurs the rebuild thoughts. But I've come to accept that I have no control over the direction of this team and just try to enjoy what I can enjoy. Doesn't mean my frustrations don't boil over at times.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
In the playoffs we have been a bottom feeder in the 21st century (which is almost 1/4 completed). Bottom 5 feeder in fact.
Just to be clear you are crying about the playoff success but ignoring overall records.
In the last 5 years Dallas is tied for 6th most wins at 50.
And in those 5 years? Only 12 teams have more playoff wins.
So going back to the era after our supremacy where we are trash is actually making my point for me.
We did that rebuild song and dance for 5 years and built nothing. Even with Parcells at the helm best we did was make a single playoff game.
Finally got Romo in at QB but had no idea how to win as an organization anymore.

Are you not watching the games weekly?
Because watching 5 or 6 wins in a 16/17 game season ain't it.
You'd certainly like to see them win playoff games and it frustrates us all, but we also got plenty of enjoyment throughout a very long regular season.

Zero proof a rebuild leads to anything but more misery.
The Chiefs did not rebuild to become a dynasty and the Pats avoided it for 15 years.
The Giants and WFT have been rebuilding for 15 years straight.
Sad that our fan base can see that and recognize it because they are too busy crying.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The first 2 people you mentioned will likely be the first ones out the door.