Does anyone know how fast Zeke is at the moment?

Creeper

Reaction score
It is not just that he is slow running, he also lost some quickness. But, I will give him a chance to show what he can do in the preseason before I am too critical. I just do not think we can expect him to be better than what he was the last time he was here or when he played for NE.

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
Slow enough to get tackled before he breaks any big yards.
You mean like Najee Harris some people are rumored to be interested in him in a trade guys got a career 3.9 yards per carry CAREER average??!!

so how many big plays, long break away runs are these real power backs getting ?we were actually lucky to have a guy at Zeke's size running the way he did his athletic as he was coming out of college as the best running back his first four years in the league could have had three straight titles out of college after back-to-back 1800 yards yeah he's got a little wear and tear on the guy but big guys aren't supposed to run that fast... typically he's a three down power back he just happened to be fast coming out of college for his size and now he's at the right speed for his size technically if you really want to get technical I mean I saw Eddie George only break 4 yards per carry twice in his entire career and people talk about low career averages or low averages for Zeke..

yeah it's a huge drop off ,yeah it's a huge drop off for someone that started his career out so great but he's not that far off from backs his size as far as his short and long speed, we only need him in short yardage right now but the hate and the delusional and miss information on Zekes speed and his complete like being washed!

yeah it's kind of crazy that zeke and now in his old washed up days is almost as good as a young naji Harris..Facts zeke may not be able to carry the ball like he used to and he may not be able to give you 30 runs a game at a high level but if you ask him for 10 to 15 and ask him to just do short yardage and blocking and go line I've seen just like the beginning of 2021 and 2022 a guy that still had enough to give a team to actually be effective and we only need effective we don't need superstar zeke....

rags747

Reaction score
With good ol play Zeke will be quite fine. With typical ol play that we are used to he will be hit in the backfield 3 times per rush.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I guess it depends if he overslept, wakes up starving as usual, and then has to make a 100 yard dash to the deli at the corner before they close in five minutes. Let's just say, he didn't make it. :muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's face it -- Zeke's days as a lead back are in the rear-view mirror, but that doesn't mean there aren't things he's still good at. He's still able to hold his own doing short yardage, power back types of things, and blocking for Dak very capably. He'll still be valuable in his own right. Of course, younger backs with more quickness and speed must tend to be having more advantageous gains for the offense. Let's hope that proves true this year. Maybe a RB addition or two might still be added in the weeks to come. That'd likely prove fruitful, no doubt, yet they're in short supply.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
As long as he gets 1st downs and TD's. Who cares?

He will not get the break away long TD runs. But then again, how many do you really see from any RB? Not as many as some think they do.
However we still need that RB with speed and power.

If he gets the dirty yards, keeps the ball moving, gets those 5 to 10 yards runs. And gets a few 15 to 20 yards runs. That is good enough. Dowdle, maybe Peat has that speed to get some of the longer runs.
It is beneficial to have a RB who can put fear into a defense. Having someone they have to account for because he can house it at anytime makes them more honest and helps to open up other opportunities.

We don't have that.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This was where he was missed on short yardage situation and scoring in the red zone, inside the 5. 12 TD's were a lot to miss. Two instances when Pollard did not score, or could not, and Luepke's fumble against Miami, could have been won with Zeke in there.

I do not have high expectations of Zeke gaining 100 yards a game, heck maybe not even 60. But what he can do is keep the ball moving for 1st downs and TD's. Though there will be times he will be stopped as well. Unless the OL is improved.
Good point! I think Zeke will run harder with fewer carries.

CWR

Reaction score
It is not just that he is slow running, he also lost some quickness. But, I will give him a chance to show what he can do in the preseason before I am too critical. I just do not think we can expect him to be better than what he was the last time he was here or when he played for NE.
It's not necessarily I'm trying to be critical of Zeke. It's the way the FO addressed the position I'm critical of. Maybe thats semantics, but they should know better than to put all their eggs in the basket of a guy who's been sub 4ypc for 4 years now.

Maybe he has a really good season, but I'll still believe it was a poor process that led to the signing.

CWR

Reaction score
ZEKE IS HERE FOR PASS BLOCKING.
Yet he'll get double digits runs per game. Rico has been injury prone the entire time he's been here. I dont believe for a second they think he's a starting back.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
JCQmJeu.gif

Pretty darn fast.
Great one.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You know a players is truly Ivory Springs washed when you start hearing non performance based adjectives such as leadership and toughness.

I was a staunch Zeke fan in the past. But he is slow and lacks any power after contact now. People who keep talking about dirty yards and beating up a defense have not seen him over the last two years. Or they are in full Stevie Wonder mode.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
In the 10 yard sprint and the 40 yard sprint? What is his maximum running speed on longer runs?
I didn't clock him, but he laid down his signature on that new contract in roughly 2.8 seconds. I would say that's fast for an old dude, wouldn't you?