Does anyone know how we’re supposed to watch the draft?

quickccc

Reaction score
I would imagine ESPN/NFL Network will have their standard broadcasts. Not sure why that would change.

maybe he's talking about internet access, some don't have NFL Network (such as me) ..or ESPN live TV anymore.

and i would "guess" Dallas Cowboys.com site might have a video feed or Jerry/Stephen in Cowboys war room, or where ever they decide to conduct
their draft process. (despite this recent protest league wide)
Dunno if it will live or podcast.
By audio, Cowboys flag station 105.3 the fan radio should be broadcasting live. ..should be. ;)

JMech

Reaction score
Well you could listen in to NFL on Sirius................if your TV is broke or under the control of wife, girlfriend, kids or all of them.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I will add , I dont think they need war room coverage, as there was no audio on that anyway, so kinda silly.
It should have been miked up, then it would be interesting.
I dont really care about the big star round one picks being onhand either.
Just want the picks and maybe some college HL of the guy and a little commentary on him.
Then how will I know when to yell "JERRY'S ON THE PHONE!!" in the CZ chat room every time I think we are about to make a blockbuster trade?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Judging by the league guidelines posted it would seem you would need to get Jerry to add you on Slack...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Going to be pretty strange watching a virtual draft with everyone sitting at home. You’ll have a GM sitting in their living room with their kids running around and hear their daughter in the next room on the phone screaming at her boyfriend. The wife of a coach walks in and asks what he wants for dinner while he’s on a conference call trying to decide on a draft pick. They’ll likely to be a few laughable mishaps.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Is there going to be anyway to watch this now? It would seem hypocritical to have camera men/women in the homes of the owners and GMs. Are we just refreshing CowboysZone every 2 minutes when it’s our turn to pick? I hope there’s SOME way we can watch this but i don’t know how it would be possible.

Maybe they'll just let the players call in with Skype.

Swagger

Reaction score
im not sure why people are worried and not sure what you mean pull this off.?

we are in the peak of the internet live streaming era and they have all the technology to easily pull it off, its different but not unheard of, normal people have used webinars and group meetings via the internet world wide for a decade now..

it will definitely feel weird because we are used to the old way but truly if you think about ti , its actually getting stale and old , maybe this will be the ay they do it from now on if it goes off without a hitch..

Agree.

Plus you won't see images of the guy drafted on the phone before it's even announced!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there going to be anyway to watch this now? It would seem hypocritical to have camera men/women in the homes of the owners and GMs. Are we just refreshing CowboysZone every 2 minutes when it’s our turn to pick? I hope there’s SOME way we can watch this but i don’t know how it would be possible.
I'm sure there will be a way to watch. The NFL can't make money off it otherwise.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
dallascowboys.com should have it's own broadcast as well, similar to their weekly draft show.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anyone thinks the NFL isn't going to televise this, think again. They will have to work around the distancing but they would not miss out on televising the draft. There's money to be made on a captive audience.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
20181211-RVS-Hotels-19-Camera-Point-002-LAYERS-beard-crop.png

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ESPN and the NFL Network are supposedly working some type of deal where both channels are covering the same thing at the same time sort of co-hosting. Makes sense with 33 different locations plus most likely some type of video (Zoom, Facetime, etc.) with all the draftees. Sure they will announce something soon. Also don't be surprised if it includes one or more of the major outlets like CBS and FOX.
ABC (Disney owned along with ESPN) has it too. They focus on human interest stories.

kumizi

Reaction score
I really "need" the draft this year. So tired of Netflix/Amazon/Youtube.

Still gonna suck because some college buddies get together for the draft every year for the last 12-13 years. Usually the only time I see them.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Well you could listen in to NFL on Sirius................if your TV is broke or under the control of wife, girlfriend, kids or all of them.
And that is why I have 4 TVs in the house!!!

Sandyf

Reaction score
This is going to be the most watched draft in the history of the NFL, heck history of all sports. It is the only live thing going.