Does Anyone Still Care About the Olympics?

Shane612

Reaction score
I've gradually lost interest in the Olympics, especially sense they started to allow professional athletes to compete.
In my opinion as long as professional athletes are competing something like the 1980, or the 1972 Olympics, will never happen again.
My opinion is that, US should send their best amateur athletes in their respective sports to the Olympics, regardless of what other countries do.

csirl

Reaction score
Its too big. Should concentrate on athletics and a couple of other core sports.

Shane612

Reaction score
Ball Room Dancing. The moment that became an Olympic Sport I began to seriously lose interest.

People used to make fun of Synchronized Swimming but at least that is quite physically demanding.
I didn't even know ballroom dancing had become an olympic sport.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I've gradually lost interest in the Olympics, especially sense they started to allow professional athletes to compete.
In my opinion as long as professional athletes are competing something like the 1980, or the 1972 Olympics, will never happen again.
My opinion is that, US should send their best amateur athletes in their respective sports to the Olympics, regardless of what other countries do.
Of course. It’s the best sports event of all time.

Turk

Reaction score
I only watch the female figure skaters because they are hot.

Shame the gymnasts are pretty much always too young at the Olympics; a lot of them turn into serious foxes a few years later.

joseephuss

Reaction score

What was great about the 1980 Olympics? I'm curious because of the U.S. boycott that year I didn't watch any of it and don't recall any of the big results.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Ball room dancing or dancesport is now considered an Olympic sport in the sense that if voted upon could be added to the Olympic games, but as of yet it never receives the required votes to be added as an Olympic event.

Turk

Reaction score
Ball room dancing or dancesport is now considered an Olympic sport in the sense that if voted upon could be added to the Olympic games, but as of yet it never receives the required votes to be added as an Olympic event.
That it is even considered for such just underlines the rot

John813

Reaction score
Winter olympics for me due to hockey, skiing and even curling grabs my attention for some reason.
I find it so odd that I end up watching it.

csirl

Reaction score

So is football, but they havent added it yet.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well the US men’s soccer team doesn’t since they did not even qualify. They haven’t qualified in over 12 years and that is saying a lot. The US goalie is lucky he lives on the US or he might have been shot of it was another country. That was a blunder of all blunders that I have ever seen in a while.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Of course. It’s the best sports event of all time.
I have to respectfully disagree with as it being the greatest sporting event of all time. That I would say would be the World Cup since it is only comes around every 4 years and you have to qualify for it 2 years in advance in some places. I know friends who don’t like soccer but watch the WC due how crazy it is and those are the fans.