Does anyone think Dak is better than Romo was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
2014 Romo definitely had help, which is why he was arguably the best QB in the league. Which explains why 2016 was an even more idiotic decision, because by that time, Smith, Martin, Free and Frederick played together for a minimum of two years together and Zeke came onto the scene with home-run hitting ability.

And he could get the ball to Dez and TWill, unlike Dak.

There can be a bunch of "what ifs" and yet still during the course of 2007 and 2014, the Cowboys roster was still viewed by many Cowboys fans and sports media as being one of the best teams in the NFL or one of the top ones that could win the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were good enough to get a number 1 seeding. And Romo's best teams in 2007 and 2014 both happened to have a top rushing attack and RBs who were having break out seasons. Murray won offensive player of the year in 2014 and yet for some reasons some act like Romo never had a solid running game behind him. Also after Murray left, lots of people, Cowboys fans included said that his success was due to the Cowboys OL.

But now some are acting like the Cowboys were never viewed as having great OLs, until 2016. When the Cowboys OL reputation started in Romo's era.

pitt33

Reaction score
Both are regular season quarterbacks who flop when the lights are brightest.

This FO needs to spend a high first round pick on one in hopes that he becomes a franchise guy. Keep drafting one until you hit on one. Stop it with these FA’s like Romo and mid round Dak’s

KB1122

Reaction score
There's not a lot of difference. I would probably with Dak.

Romo had better receivers. Although maybe not as many good ones at one time.

This team has top-level impact players on defense, but just pretty good players on offense. Lamb could be that guy, but we'll see.

strollinruss

Reaction score
getting the same results regardless.
roger
troy
meredith
white
those are the only 4 that matter.
You can’t explain that to the younger guys. They don’t understand. All they understand are overinflated stats against terrible teams

HungryLion

Reaction score
All this hand wringing about a QB who has been retired for 5 years and never accomplished much of anything either in his career.

goodness gracious

i miss having players that actually won stuff. Ya know like Troy Aikman and Emmitt and Irvin.

gmb1

Reaction score
One QB might have a higher football IQ but they yielded the same results. It's been long overdue to draft a QB in the higher rounds. It's time to tank for a year or 2 to make this happen.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Tony was superior — at reading defenses, accuracy, and releasing the ball. He made no name receivers named Copper, Austin, and Robinson better, and very good receivers whose route running was subpar, i.e., Dez, stay that way. I can’t imagine what he could do when healthy with a good team like this around him and a great route runner like Coop.

strollinruss

Reaction score
One QB might have a higher football IQ but they yielded the same results. It's been long overdue to draft a QB in the higher rounds. It's time to tank for a year or 2 to make this happen.
Don’t need to tank….. there’s a young GM out there somewhere who loves stats and he would deal a decent QB and some picks for Dak

pansophy

Reaction score
I was livid when Romo wasn't even given a chance to compete in 16 and basically tossed to the curb like yesterday's trash. I mean Romo had his bad games. But to me,Tony was definitely a smarter QB as well as a better passer. Seemed to make lesser WRs better. Dak should be all world with this talent and he's not. He's an average QB propped up by the talent of the roster. Give him lesser receivers he's below average.
I loved Romo -- thought he gave us the best chance to win the super bowl in '16. He's a better passer than Dak. But you know his body failed and the organization saw an opportunity to transition to a new QB without years of searching. I can't really blame them for taking that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Question for the historians, did Romo ever have his team tie for the NFL's most penalized playoff game?

For the year, dallas was penalized 101 more yards than our franchise RB rushed for all season.

That's a problem.

strollinruss

Reaction score
I loved Romo -- thought he gave us the best chance to win the super bowl in '16. He's a better passer than Dak. But you know his body failed and the organization saw an opportunity to transition to a new QB without years of searching. I can't really blame them for taking that.
But the experiment hasn’t resulted in satisfying results.

shabazz

Reaction score
Stephen A Smith just had an epiphany that Tony Romo was a baller, a gunslinger and has superior intellect compared to Rayne Dakota…….well duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.