Does Dak get his job back if Rush goes 6-2 by the bye?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo lost his job to a hot Prescott.

Does the same happen to Prescott ???

If we are 6-2 by the bye, then Prescott has the rest of the year to recover.

I'm just sayin' ...

Anyone who thinks that Cooper Rush is a long term NFL quality starting QB is delusional. He is a serviceable backup QB.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They won 1 game so far…if that happens I think you trade Rush for 3 first and roll with Dak.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I'm just sayin' ...

Rush 6-2?

Wanna pass that blunt?

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak didn’t take any job from Romo. The team refused to allow Romo to even competr for his job back or even play with the starters, despite looking much better than Dak in practice. The whole excuse was Dak wasn’t a ‘practice player’, wasn’t a better passer, but has “it” on the field. And we’ve seen where this got us. Wasted a roster ready for a prime SB run.

They knew Dak wouldn’t survive with Romo looking over his shoulder, especially with season 2 where he took incompetent QB play to a whole different level. Guy had like 3 INT returned for a TD in like 4 games to start the season and Linehan had to start running the ball over 20 times a game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No….different situation. Romo was at the end if his career, Dak was the future. Rush is not the future.

Dak will be given the role back as soon as he's fit.

The whole dilemma has been made more uncertain as Rush seems to get the Offense (and the limited WR Corp) working better than Dak (granted only one game).

The first decision is what our objectives are for this season. It doesnt really matter about what the future holds so long as Rush is winning NOW and IF (big if) Rush is doing enough to get us to play-off contention then Dak doesnt perform (or performs as he has since Denver) then he's getting a VERY short leash.

plymkr

Reaction score
I just want Dak to be completely healed when he plays again. The W this week bought us more time. My biggest concern is Dak coming back early and either getting reinjured or playing horribly cuz of the hand not being 100%. Right now I feel these threads are a pointless and will cause us to argue with each other for no reason. If we are 6-2 and Dak is ready to come back then that would be a wonderful problem to have.

I feel Dak is far superior as a QB as far as talent goes. Arm strength, athleticism, etc but Rush is better between the ears. So pick your poison I guess. Both are bus drivers but one is a more talented bus driver and the other is a smarter bus driver. So who knows. I think the QB position for us is not as important as us winning in the trenches IMO.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We won because of our D. Rush held his own but it’s not like he dominated for 60 mins.

He is a serviceable backup— but had Dak been healthy, he would have played better than he did the week before simply bc the Cinci D is not nearly as complete as Tampa’s

Whilst I agree that Rush was/is nothing special, the issue remains as to whether Dak has the accuracy, chemistry and ability to connect to any of his WR's. You mention the comparison between the Bucc/Beng D's, but a lot of the WK1 was still down to Dak's throws (and teams now following the Denver Blueprint).

Dak will be given the QB1 shirt back as soon as he's fit, however, the list of concerns are growing and he's lost the safety blanket that he's irreplaceable. He needs to step up and earn the contract.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Whilst I agree that Rush was/is nothing special, the issue remains as to whether Dak has the accuracy, chemistry and ability to connect to any of his WR's. You mention the comparison between the Bucc/Beng D's, but a lot of the WK1 was still down to Dak's throws (and teams now following the Denver Blueprint).

Dak will be given the QB1 shirt back as soon as he's fit, however, the list of concerns are growing and he's lost the safety blanket that he's irreplaceable. He needs to step up and earn the contract.

Dak has definitely been exposed by defensive coordinators and his game looks really shaky.

That said— realistically there is no way he is not the guy behind center for at least 3 more years. His contract is what it is: a marriage.

Dallas married him and is stuck with him. You can’t commit that kind of $$$ to a player and then start someone else. Barring a trade— and his value is plummeting— he will be the QB going forward.

IMO— he needs an OC that will push him, not coddle him. And Kellen is his BFF and appears out of his depth in terms of helping Dak see and adjust to how defenses have decided to play him

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that Cooper Rush is a long term NFL quality starting QB is delusional. He is a serviceable backup QB.

How do you know this? He has played in 2 NFL games and won them both. The rest of the time the only playing time has been in pre season games playing along side 3rd and 4th team players trying to make the roster, along with the practice squad. Its best to wait and see how the next 5 games play out.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak has definitely been exposed by defensive coordinators and his game looks really shaky.

That said— realistically there is no way he is not the guy behind center for at least 3 more years. His contract is what it is: a marriage.

Dallas married him and is stuck with him. You can’t commit that kind of $$$ to a player and then start someone else. Barring a trade— and his value is plummeting— he will be the QB going forward.

IMO— he needs an OC that will push him, not coddle him. And Kellen is his BFF and appears out of his depth in terms of helping Dak see and adjust to how defenses have decided to play him

Agree that due to the contract we are in an inverse correlation as to trade him (which is possible, even Wentz got some trade value) he would need to improve his worth and to do that he'd be playing well .....hence why trade him.

jaybird

Reaction score

I'm just sayin' ...
this is a win win
if Rush holds the fort, Dak can get 100 percent healthy. if not, lets hope Dak can play sooner than later. that said: The Gnats game is huge.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Agree that due to the contract we are in an inverse correlation as to trade him (which is possible, even Wentz got some trade value) he would need to improve his worth and to do that he'd be playing well .....hence why trade him.

Dak is struggling, but IMO the story is not over by any stretch. Hopefully Peters and Smith can elevate the OL play and the running game grows into a factor again.

With Gallup (and eventually Washington) returning, I think Dak can be a decent QB. The test will be— as it always has been— how he plays against top defenses and specifically in the playoffs.

He will have his work cut out for him, but hopefully he is using this recovery time to improve his football IQ and is brainstorming new techniques and schemes with Kellen to find ways to exploit what defenses are doing when they line up against him

One thing for sure is true: Dak has always played better behind a decent OL and strong running attack. Give him those two things and we will see what happens

Hadenough

Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves. Rush is another nice story and I'm pulling for the guy but he can't make all the throws. Neither can Dak! Rush has just shown us how bad Dak really looks. Dak has so much panic in him I can't figure out how he got to that point. Plus his inconsistency is off the charts. He doesn't accept any blame either. It's really time to start looking at QBs after this season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
As a physician, there is zero chance the type of injury/surgery Dak had keeps him out even 6 weeks let alone 10. He had no hardware placed, his stiches are coming out this week per his own account, and the type of injury he sustained is "all or nothing" in terms of grip. After surgery the only thing limiting his ability to grip the ball is post-op pain and swelling, which is generally gone in a few weeks. If you loaded him up on narcotics he could grip a ball just as tightly today as he could before the Tampa game. It would just be too painful for him to grip the ball well for a full game right now. But for one throw he could probably do everything at this moment he always could if he had to from a pure mechanical standpoint.
So that’s what they were saying maybe as little as 3 games. Post op swelling was minimal.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak should play ASAP to finally put the final nails in Dak-Friendly!!!!
Common Dak please recover fast and get under center so the world can once again re-confirm the Imposter QB that you are!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak should play ASAP to finally put the final nails in Dak-Friendly!!!!
Common Dak please recover fast and get under center so the world can once again re-confirm the Imposter QB that you are!!!

How many injury excuses he get?

His fanboys pulled it out when he lost to the Eagles third-string CBs, getting outplayed by Wentz, when they were saying his shoulder was ‘hurt’ and we didn’t make the play-offs.

And they say Romo was ‘fragile’.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves. Rush is another nice story and I'm pulling for the guy but he can't make all the throws. Neither can Dak! Rush has just shown us how bad Dak really looks. Dak has so much panic in him I can't figure out how he got to that point. Plus his inconsistency is off the charts. He doesn't accept any blame either. It's really time to start looking at QBs after this season.

People honestly think, we actually have faith in Rush. We just want Dak gone and Rush exposes Dak more than anything. There is ZERO investment in Rush by this FO.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

All true and Rush isn't the long term answer either but at least he doesn't seem to panic in the pocket under pressure or in crucial moments of the game. What Rush is really doing is exposing all of Daks flaws...that have always been there but been ignored