Does Dak really care about the Super Bowl when he negotiates for every penny?

Rayman70

Reaction score
While Dak is overpaid, so are ALL the QB's. That said, we have the money to go get players, but Stephen Jones is an ignorant fool. He thinks Quinn and Dak alone are enough to improve the teams win total. That is why all the cheapo deals.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Oh btw, players generally don’t take less money to play for underachieving, poorly managed teams that don’t have any history of winning since they were born.

just so we are clear.

players take pay cuts to play for teams and organizations that actually you know..... have a recent history of success.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I’m a cowboys player. Why do I take less money, while Jerry And Stephen are busy making stupid decisions like overpaying Zeke.

Over paying Jaylon

over paying Tyrone Crawford

The list goes on.

You want me to take less money so you can pay Jaylon to run around like a ****in idiot looking like a chicken with its head cut off?

You want me to take less money so you can pay Tyrone Crawford to do basically nothing and be on the bench hurt most of the time?

Lol yeah right

He 100% knew he was negotiating with clowns and he schooled them.

Big W for Dak. Huge L for this franchise.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Definitely not a Dak should have gotten what he did proponent but you can hardly blame him for getting as much as possible. Average NFL career is 3 years and he found out the hard way how fragile careers can be.
Dak made 28 million last year. Dak was set for life before this last contract.

Dak asked for every penny and wouldn’t give the team a 5th year. All I am saying, Dak is smart. He knows this team needs some huge upgrades on defense. He could have taken a little less, still been set for life, AND helped his team build a stronger defense through Free Agency.

Of course Dak wants to win a Super Bowl, but it’s not his #1 priority. Many QB’a are just like Dak.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I can’t believe people watch guys like Ryan Shazier essentially have their lives ruined on the field, then talk about the players should take less money, and if they don’t “they don’t care about winning”.

These guys have every right to fight for every nickel and dime they can.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He 100% knew he was negotiating with clowns and he schooled them.

Big W for Dak. Huge L for this franchise.
Sounds like you are rooting for Dak, not the franchise. When Dak leaves in 4 years for more money are you going with him?

I root for Dak because he is in the Cowboys!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can’t believe people watch guys like Ryan Shazier essentially have their lives ruined on the field, then talk about the players should take less money, and if they don’t “they don’t care about winning”.

Agree. Daks deal doesnt hurt us one bit from signing players either. If it did, we wouldnt have done it. People need to let it go.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I’m not of the opinion he should’ve took less money.. He can do whatever he wants.

Im upset with Dallas playing their little games only to pay way more then they had to for a player that’s never going to live up to that deal.

The Cowboys are the morons in all of this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sounds like you are rooting for Dak, not the franchise. When Dak leaves in 4 years for more money are you going with him?

I root for Dak because he is in the Cowboys!

Lol dang.. I gotta say that’s a first for someone on here to say to me.

I would’ve been doing my best to trade Dak and even look at not signing him as a big W.

Dak Prescott is horrible value.. The worst of the worst.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Dak played the start of his career for pennies. Now he'll be paid top dollars.

I guess the answer is in his next contract.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak played the start of his career for pennies. Now he'll be paid top dollars.

I guess the answer is in his next contract.
lets be honest, he will likely walk when his next deal comes up. We had better start looking in the draft for a QB to develop now. I think a guy like Sam Ehlinger or Shane Buchelle would be fine to take a chance on. If Dak doesnt get us where we need to be, I think it will be a mutual parting after his deal runs out.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

I can’t believe you don’t know Dak was set for life prior to this contract. I am talking about Dak’s situation, no other player.

Dak knows this team is weak on defense. He could have taken 35 million per year and helped the D, but he choose to take every penny and not give us a 5th year.

Dak’s ego wanted 40+ million so he could be the 2nd highest paid player. He had to weigh: Do I want to be the 2nd highest paid player or take a few million less and help the defense more and not have the prestige of the 2nd highest player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I like Dak and he is a smart person, BUT, He knows this team needs Defense badly! We cannot win a Super Bowl without a legitimate Defense. As great as Tom Brady is, he has never won a Super Bowl without an outstanding D. Look what Tampa Bay’s Defense did to Aaron Rogers and Mahomes in back to back games!

I wish Dak would have taken 33-35 million( still Amazing $ ) per year. This would have left more money to sign someone like KJ Wright prior to the draft. This would have, enabled us, to check of a MAJOR DEFENSIVE need prior to the draft.

What has Russel Wilson won since signing his huge contract? Not many playoff games! He just whines about getting sacked. Hey Russel, maybe your team could have upgraded your O line, IF THEY HAD THE MONEY!!
This is a ridiculous thread. ALL players want to get every last cent with their 1st contract. We all know you hate Dak which is the real reason for this thread.

DFWJC

Reaction score
People using Brady as an example are correct, but they may also want to start including Mahomes in that mix.
Extremely team-friendly deal if you look at the relevant first 4-5 years. He's still rich, btw. lol

But those guys are in the huge minority.

What Dak did is what most players do.
Not really fair to expect any different, though it doesn't hurt to hope that he would.
It's called wishful thinking for a reason

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Kind of silly to think a professional athlete does not want to win or be the best. The fact that professional sports are as much a business as a competition doesn't take away the athlete's competitive drive or skill set.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Does Jerry really care about winning a super bowl when he’s slapping a star on everything and selling it?